Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
the difference between nerds and geeks. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you a nerd or a geek?
  yes
  no
View Results

BloodandIvory

Vicious Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:53 am
I'm fully a nerd.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 am
Okay lemme clear this up.

Nerds are people who sacrifice social skills and good looks for intelligence. So they are smarter than most people, but are anti-social and normally look like...Well nerds.

Geeks are people who still go for the intelligence, but they do not sacrifice social skills nor good looks. They have a place in the real world, but they still spend lots of time analyzing. (Note, by strange coincidence, these people do not achieve high grades in school, most usually drop out and end up working for Microsoft or Sun Microsystems.)

And a Dork is simply someone who cannot seem to dress themselves properly. Unmatching and unseasonal, unappealing to women etc.  

Raiju Saito

Chiro 21989

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:28 pm
meleny7
a lot of people confuse the two, or think that it is the same thing, but there is actually a difference. a nerd is a person who is smart, a geek doesnt have to necessarily be smart, its the way they act or dress that makes them a geek. i have no idea why i made this topic. i guess is because a. for the gold, or b. just to clear it up for some people, it would be great if all of u leave comment but please dont be rude to me, or act as if im slow.

I thought that nerd's and geeks generally have similar tastes; the difference being geeks are more technology focused and nerds are more fantasy focused.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:53 pm
nerd is smart gekk is dumb  

atlm

Arael the 2nd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:23 am
Hmm...

I'd see myself as a geek :3
Nerds to me would be the hardcore computer users, as in, programming, etc.
For me, if a computer can do certain things, its good enough for me!

(Nice poll, btw.
Are you a geek or a nerd?
Yes
No
biggrin )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 am
Geeks are typically more dilusional about their coolness and popularity. Nerds know they're uncool. Geeks think D&D and MTG and such are cool (I personally think so too but unfourtunately that's not the general concensus of the population) And dorks are just Geeks minus the intelligence.  

chibi_kasumi_108

Katlady57

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:40 am
MrBobVilla
All of these definitions are just plain wrong. The truth of the matter is that there is no agreed upon definition and just going by a dictionari'es definition isn't enough. Nerds and geeks will argue about this for eternity. ><

I think that the above quote makes this a good topic for a forum.......it should go on for ever........ or at least until the words "nerd" and "geek" are not used to label people any more (can't see that happening any time soon....lol) lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:51 am
you peple have issues
first a geek is relly smart about something and like it or just like it or are only smart about it, that is where the sub catorgies come in. here are some examples of sub catorgies of geeks: gameing (like video games and the systems that they are played on), anime (like anime and manga), drawing (like to draw and are sometimes relly good at it), math(are really good at math), computer(it is self explantory), and there are tons more. so each of us is a geek in one way or another, and a nerd is usally an out cast and likes things like d&d and magic the gathering and yu-gi-ho. so being a geek is a good thing and a nerd is not a good thing to be. so there are many geeks and nerds are few so be a geek not a nerd, so stop calling a nerd a geek becuse they are not, it is a coplety diffrent thing.  

SPEED NINJA

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:06 pm
see The Difference Between Geeks And Nerds for mor information. you've got it all wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:24 am
I think I may be a unique kind of geek. My group which is reasonably small has an emo/geek, dumb/strong, and wannabe... stare I don't understand what I am...  

the Nightway Assassin

laurabee86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:15 pm
Fascienne
Nerds are smart
Geeks are Nerds that are popular and started Popular
Dorks are Nerds/Geeks because they are social, but have been rejected by popular people and by Nerds...or somewhat accepted by nerds, but not by enough..

This is all based on the people in Arlington, Tx...

then I would be considered a "dork"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:40 pm
Personaly I think a nerd is some one that is like a dictionary, knows it by the book. A geek will get down to the nitty gritty and knows stuff to the core usually about tech and computers btu only on certain subjects not all around (Nerds=books Geeks=computers)  

ImaLilTeaPot

ImaLilTeaPot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:47 pm
And acording to my standerds i am 100% GEEK and proud to be because people come to me rather than a nerd when they need help because i can help them understand it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:51 am
Y not just call yourself... "Uniquely Eccentric!"?  

Guitarphreak69

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:34 pm
Because Nerds are better!  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games