Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:09 pm
calvinhobbes81
Lady Nekochan
According to new info posted on CNN form the cameraman who was with Steve, he stayed conscious enough after the attack to pull teh barb out of himself. He went under cardiac arrest afterward. Paramedics tried for 30 minutes to get his heart back, but they couldn't.

I know that, from the videos and such they have, the stingray venom is highly toxic with no antivenom and works by shutting down the circulatory system. As he was hit in/near the heart, this would have been a very quick thing for him.
that is accually not true the tape has not been viewed by his producer and friend. he was misquoted and it was later corrected last night. Due to the toxisity of the stingray poison and where it pierced his body, steve might have had enough time to think ouch from the barb puncturing him, but that's about it. He died pretty much instantly and painlessly. which for me is something of a comfort
Which part about this is incorrect? I would like to have a link to the information, too, if you could. I want to keep up-to-date on the information.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:09 am
i want to put somthin in my sig? i need the code please or r they in banners?  

this is captain rose

J a w z

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:39 pm
Well, you can find the code....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:22 pm
Captain Rose
i want to put somthin in my sig? i need the code please or r they in banners?
You mena the Irwin images? Most people ahve found the pics on Google and edited them/saved them themselves.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

J a w z

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:48 pm
I think I found mine in me friend's Erwin thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:04 am
Steve Irwin was a fantastic man, he was a true naturalist..His footsteps will be followed and work continued by his daughter and son with guidance from their mum. May he be remembered for all the wonderful things he has done, his energy.passion and love for life...Steve may your journey to the beyond be a blessed one.
We love you!!! Rest in Peace my friend.  

Miladee

earth_kitsune

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:43 am
I miss him already. Its to sad.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:19 am
Did anyone see the Barbara Walters special where Terri spoke about it for the first time? I cried so much during that show...

If you didn't see it, you might be able to find it on YouTube or google it. Not really sure, haven't tried. But I'm sure you can find it somewhere. I highly recommend watching it, it's a great tribute to his life.  

Ailinea

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:02 pm
Ailinea
Did anyone see the Barbara Walters special where Terri spoke about it for the first time? I cried so much during that show...

If you didn't see it, you might be able to find it on YouTube or google it. Not really sure, haven't tried. But I'm sure you can find it somewhere. I highly recommend watching it, it's a great tribute to his life.
I’m the little
Carousel horse,

I didn't watch it because I don't think I could handle it. I've been upset since the day Irwin died about how tough this must be for Terri and their children. They were a pretty close-knit family.

Twisted figure
Frozen in motion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:57 pm
Lady Nekochan
Ailinea

I’m the little
Carousel horse,

I didn't watch it because I don't think I could handle it. I've been upset since the day Irwin died about how tough this must be for Terri and their children. They were a pretty close-knit family.

Twisted figure
Frozen in motion.
I've been thinking about that too. crying

I just hate that this happened.  

Lupine Pyrefly

000Hinata000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:03 am
I was watching a steve irwin tribute on animal planet and his daughter wrote a little thing about him. It was so sad! My eyes got all teary! Did anyone else see it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:06 pm
I still remember hearing that happen somewhere in November D: ...
I was pretty shocked to hear this and I was looking in a magazine and I felt so sorry for his family sad . They were so sad it almost made me cry cry  

snubsnub

Poodle Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:01 am
snubsnub
I was pretty shocked to hear this and I was looking in a magazine and I felt so sorry for his family sad . They were so sad it almost made me cry cry

It seems like a long time, but it's really only been a month and a bit.

I searched around on the internet with his name after hearing of his death, and found out a few things. I particularly wanted to know whether he was Christian or not - I suspected he was, since he was so passionate about the environment, but he never said anything about it on TV. And right now I still don't know what to think. Some sources say he was, some say he wasn't. I really do hope he believed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:24 pm
Poodle Crusader
snubsnub

I searched around on the internet with his name after hearing of his death, and found out a few things. I particularly wanted to know whether he was Christian or not - I suspected he was, since he was so passionate about the environment, but he never said anything about it on TV. And right now I still don't know what to think. Some sources say he was, some say he wasn't. I really do hope he believed.
whats that supposed to mean? It sound sto me like you're saying only Christians can be so kind and caring as he was ....well I'm an Atheist and I care about the environment and animals very very much ............
I always wanted to meet Steve Irwin he was a great man. Such a sad day and still sad today  

koolchick007

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:26 pm
koolchick007
Poodle Crusader

whats that supposed to mean? It sound sto me like you're saying only Christians can be so kind and caring as he was ....well I'm an Atheist and I care about the environment and animals very very much

I am too, but I wouldn't take offense at that statement. I've known a lot of people of faith in general who associate good deeds with spirituality. It depends on the individual. As I recall there are some Bible passages about mankind being given ward over all the animals. Some interpret this as a literal God-given right to do what we please with it while others interpret this as a command from God to take care of animals.
Honestly though, I personally like animals in part because of Athiestic (finding symbiotic relationships a wonder of evolution rather than creation, for example) reasons but mostly just because they're so amazing. To each their own, though.  
The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff