Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:49 am
Kes smiled at him. "I guess it's the way I was brought up that all are equel nomatter the standing. At least for candidites and weyrlings. I'm sorry I snapped. I didn't mean to sound rude."

A tired voice sounded in her head. You were not rude, my dear one, you simply spoke your mind. I'm sure the boy isn't ofended.

Kes's expression gentled. 'Thanks for that Wreth, now try and get some sleep. I will join you again shortly.'

The young gold didn't answer as she'd gone back to sleep.

-----

M'gor smiled back at his weyrmate as he joined in at the chorus of the song. The weyrleader had a deep, very rich sounding voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:54 pm
F'lin laughed and nearly choked on the piece of wherry he had just stuffed in his mouth. When he'd cleared his throat with a gulp of wine he was still laughing a bit.

"Don't apologize," he said. "You're entitled to your opinion, aren't you? Even if you had sounded rude, which you didn't, by the way, it doesn't matter. You should be able to say what you think without wondering whether you've offended someone. It's good that you talk so openly."

He smiled with mock exasperation and wondered briefly how her personality would be influenced by her queen; she needed to mellow out more. Then he wondered if he would change from being linked to Garinth. Then both thoughts flew from his head as he was caught up in the song being sung.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Jennamatic3000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm
"Jovia? Where are you? Jovia?" Ruarana called, trying to find her friend.

"Ruana! Finally! Oh, I saw you and your Cameranth at the hatching. How darling! She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her later!" The Junior Weyrwoman squeeled at her best friend as she caught her in an embrace that threatened to crush her ribs.

"Jo... Jovia.... Can't.... Breath! Let.. me..go!" Ruarana said as she finally managed to squirm out of her best friend's grasp and limped off towards an unoccupied table. Sitting down, she motioned to a server and waited for Jovia to began telling her the news of the higher ups.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:55 pm
T'thia tucked the medium flute away and pulled out a slightly shorter and wider flute that gave a bit more of a deeper and throatier tone to match the weyrleader she then stepped up to the front of the stage at T'orn's coaxing and when the cords were struck she breathed deep into her abdomen and let out a perfect soprano opening note. Her shoulders straight and her head erect she let the lyrics flow from her with rich, strong voice that slid perfectly with M'gor's. The two voices seemed to spin together as two dragons in flight. T'thia broke and played her flute at the precise moment she was taught and T'orn cheered when she hit the cue from the guitar. It had been difficult for her to hit that cue when she was in the harper hall, and she released it and went back to singing at the right time as well. T'thia allowed the last note to settle of the crowd and sing deep from the ears to their hearts and down their spine to their toes.  

Kaibain

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:33 am
Kes smiled at the young man. "Yes well, normally being rude wouldn't bother me, I've taken care of myself long enough. And certainly it's not Wreth's personality, she's bossy. I guess I'm still in shock from the hatching." She shrugged at that one.

-----

M'gor grinned briefly at the rider singing with him then continued singing happily.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:23 pm
G'ber smiled happily as T'thia's voice flowed with M'gor's. His fingers plucked expertly at the gitar, fingering the chords as he had been taught and adding little flourishes and trills where they sounded best. Sometimes he wasn't very good at guaging the moment for those additions, but luckily, this wasn't one of those times.

-----------

"I don't doubt that you can take care of yourself at all," F'lin said, grinning impishly. "After all, you managed to get here, didn't you, and Impress? Rudeness isn't a problem; it's the temperments of the people arguing. But we're technically not arguing, so that's out the window. Besides, you're not as rude as you think."

Eyes dancing merrily, F'lin shoved a large spoonful of stew into his mouth, letting the almost-searing heat make him incapable of laughing, as he would like to.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:50 am
Kes finally smiled at the brownrider. "You can laugh if you want, I am acting silly. Lets try this again." She held out her hand. "Call me Kes."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 am
Akira had just finished oiling Talth's hide, and entered the room. She looked around to try and see if she knew anyone there.  

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:52 am
F'lin swallowed the stew hastily, feeling it burn his throat, but gave Kes's hand a firm shake, pleased to have broken through her offhand manner.

"Well, then, Kes, you can call me F'lin," he said, his eyes dancing. "'Brown rider' is so boring."

------------

M'ris looked up as Akira entered the room. He smiled and waved at her.

"Hey, Akira," he called. "Over here."

------------

Tyreena watched the newest gold rider and turned distractedly back to her food. Where were the others? She wanted to talk with T'ro, or at the very least, someone besides the two boys sitting on opposite sides of her. She sighed, resigned to waiting.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 am
Kes grinned at the brownrider. "Your Garinth is a handsome fellow."

Wreth's sleepy voice came then. Yes he is and I much perfer brownriders to bronze, they tend to be more respectful or at least more interesting.

Kes's expression changed as she listened to the sleepy gold. "Wreth says she perfers browns anyway."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:32 pm
Akira smiled and hurried over to sit down beside M'ris. "Hey, how are you doing M'ris?" she asked taking a seat.

~~~~

T'ro entered the room shortly after Akira had sat down. He looked around shyly and made his way to a seat at the table.

~~~~

H'shi watched all of the riders enter, while he leaned against a wall. He mostly ignored the rest of the chatter, and prepefered to stay away from the crows and by himself.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:45 am
F'lin smiled, his face displaying his pleased wonder.

"Well, I'm glad that Garinth has found favor with you and Wreth," he said. "Wreth is about the most graceful queen dragonet I've ever seen. Granted, I've only seen her and Talth, but Wreth seems more regal, somehow."

He touched his dragon's mind for a moment, and felt Garinth wake for a moment. The brown dragonet sent F'lin a feeling of contentment and pleasure before sighing deeply and returning to sleep. F'lin smiled.

"Garinth says 'thank you' as well," F'lin added, reading his dragon's meaning. "You know, I always wondered. What do dragons talk about with each other?"

---------

M'ris smiled impishly as Akira sat. "I'm the same as when you saw me ten minutes ago, 'Kira," he said, shortening her name. "I take it Talth settled down alright?"

---------

Tyreena visibly brightened as T'ro entered the Dining Hall. She raised her arm in greeting. "Hey, T'ro, come sit over here," she called, smiling. "Here, across from me."

And you say I talk too much. Listen to yourself, 'Reena. Tyreena smiled even wider at Purith's sleepy voice. The green dragon shifted and went back to sleep.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:55 am
Kes pushed at the short spikes of her red hair and grinned at the brownrider. "Well she is very graceful, but she's also tempermental and impaitient. Her mother Mith is a very lovely queen as well so I expect Wreth will be just the same. I've never known Wreth to lie though so she gives your Garinth a high complement."

The gold's voice filled her riders mind, I like Garinth also because you seem to like his rider F'lin. You two seem very comfortable with one another. I am glad for this.

Kes blushed at the dragon's comment then cleared her throat. "Umm...anyways, as for what they say to each other, I suppose it depends on what they want to talk about." She smiled faintly. "Mostly, I'm just releived, Wreth is blocking my power to hear the other dragons. Normally, I'm having a long and drawn out conversation with Barith or Mith about now. Since I Impressed though, all I can hear is my Wreth."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 pm
F'lin wondered briefly at slight blush on Kes's cheeks. "Well, as long as you don't mind being able to hear or not hear any of the others," he said. "I doubt they would mind, whichever one it is."

Garinth spoke in a sleepy whisper. Why would we? Wreth's rider does not overstep her bounds, even if she is not as social as others. You do not mind. I do not mind. She is nice. Wreth is nice.

F'lin smiled, slightly baffled by his dragon's words. He'd thought Garinth was asleep.

I was. But I listen to you, always.

"Garinth says that they don't mind, since you don't overstep your bounds," he said, trying to contain his amusement at Garinth's phrasing. "He also says that you and Wreth are nice, and that you aren't very social. For some reason, I can't say I disagree."  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Kaibain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:21 am
T'thia looked at M'gor as they wrapped up the song. She bowed to her vocal partner and went to take out a different sized flute when an arm wrapped around her waist and swung her from the platform onto the dance floor. With a burst of laughter she was swung into the twirling dancers, her partner a striking brown rider she had not seen around this wyre before so she assumed he was a visitor. she allowed herself to be spun around in time to the steps forgetting that she was in riding clothes and pretending she was in one of the elegant dresses she'd seen her mother wear to gatherings.  
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff