Total Votes : 13

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:21 pm
((Huzzah! Congatulations, Miss Vice Captain. *shoots off streamers and fireworks* I'll follow to the other thread after this.))

Mith let out a short bark (or, rather, roar) of draconic laughter. Only you, dearest, would think to stay. How I love you for it.

Lina laughed quietly. Those two were perfect for each other. "Yes, M'gor, it's time to show this wonderful young woman our Weyr and her new home. Come, Kes, this will be a wonderful opportunity." And with that, she and M'gor and Kes went to take the tour.

((Hope that last bit wasn't just me being a bighead and stealing your characters. I always like to have an ending when I'm leaving somewhere. Makes me feel not rude, if that makes sense.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:50 pm
((I'm here first! Yay!))

Maris walked out of the tunnel into the large cavern that was the Hatching Ground. Hot sand covered the floor, halfway submerging the field of eggs that stretched from one side of the room to the other. Maris's eyes were instantly drawn to the two huge, goldish eggs placed together on a mound of sand. So there really were two queens. He looked back at Akira.

"Well," he said with a smile. "Looks like we made it."  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Akira followed behind Maris. "So this is the hatching sands?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:24 am
Jovia popped her head into the enormous cavern that was the Hatching Grounds, glaning across the shimmering sands, searching. When she sighted her query she grinned and skipped quickly across the hot sands, trying to catch Lina on her way out another exit. "Lina! Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but have you seen Chrain or Norman((Is it okay is I make up a name for the archivist, or is there already one?))? He asked to borrow Chrain earlier today, and I haven't seen either of them since. I can't get into the Archive because he took the key with him for some reason, and I need to finish my maps of Southern before next week, because Corelton is leaving next Wendsday((I can't remember, did they start using the days of the week after foinding A.V.I.A.S. or not?)), and He can't get them in his fisherhold. He asked me to make them for him because I'm the only person he trusts to accurately map a dancing square, much less a continent for him. Other than Norman or .... Oh bother! I forgot his name! Oh well... Have you seen them? Ruarana asked me to look for Chrain for her, because her ankle's still no good from when she fell down the stairs to the Candidate's Barracks last week. He's her blue firelizard." she blurted all in one breath, bowing towards the great golden bulk of the queen, Mith, as she watched lovingly and possessivly over her eggs She smiled reassuringly at the huge gold-gilt dragon, hoping not to have a repetition of her fright the last time she had entered the hatching grounds. She bowed an apollogy to Lina, M'gor, and Kes, looking to her weyrwoman expectantly.  

Jennamatic3000

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:01 pm
Kes made it to the hatching sands after she'd gone with Sadah for a bit to explore. Now the young candidite hopped from one foot to the other on the hot sands and spotted the other candidites. "Oy, hey there, looks like I made it!"

Her two bronze and one brown firelizards had followed her and popped out over the sands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:30 am
Sadah stayed at the edge of the bowl, sending out her firelizards first to make sure she wouldn't be disturbing a cranky queen dragon on nest duty.

When the three came back, each sounding different little trills of what they saw the young candiate went on onto the sands, skirting along the edges in case the queen wasn't feeling up to company.  

Sallah Telgar

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:17 pm
((Um...TC, Lina is in a different thread right now. I believe she and M'gor are in the main Ireine Weyr thread. You may wish to move there.))

Kes saw her new companion enter and waved at her. "Oy there Sadah! Come over here! It's okay, Mith isn't on the sands right now."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm
((Urg this is confusing... People should SAY when they move...))  

Jennamatic3000

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:50 pm
((Um, I did say. I made a whole post on my exit.))

Maris decided that he could live with Akira, but Kes was a bit loud for him. Oh well, he'd hold his temper. He grinned at Kes and Sadah from across the sands, hoping they couldn't see how forced the movement was.

"What do you all think about the eggs?" he said. "Two queens...amazing."

-----------

Mith glided into the Hatching Ground, landing precisely around her two queen eggs. Her green eyes whirled gently. She was merely curious of the candidates who had come to see her eggs. There would be no chance of harm coming to her eggs if she was about, so she wouldn't worry.

-----------

Maris looked up as Mith's shadow blotted out the setting sun. His eyes widened, sure they were all going to be roasted alive, then remembered that queens couldn't breathe fire. He stood frozen, unable to move for fear. At that moment, Kardell and Branneth swooped into the Grounds, trilling. They lighted on Maris's shoulder, looked at Mith with curious eyes, chirruped, and sent reassuring thoughts to Maris.

"They say that she's not mad," Maris managed mumble. "She's only...curious."

Shards, what a day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:17 pm
((Sorry. I guess I misread it.))

Ruarana walked out onto the sands on the Hatching Ground, her sandals absorbing all of the warmth. They were that synthetic insulating stuff that A.V.I.A.S. gave to the people of Pern. She knew that she was one of the few that did not hate the machine. It wasn't his fault. He was only a program. He only made a mistake because a human or another program made a mistake. She continued forwards, using her crutches and her good foot to move swiftly, though not quite gracefully, across the sands to the or candidates. She stood there a few feet away, then sighed. She just remebered. She didn't know any of them. She didn't belong here, interrupting their conversations.  

Jennamatic3000

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:12 am
Akira looked at the gold dragon. "Two queens..." she thought. "if only she had brought her skcetching book, she could have drawn this dragon. Akira smiled at the dragon. Then she looked at the egges. "Wow..." was all that she could say. She had never seen a dragon's egg before. She cursed herself for being so surprised, it was unlike her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 am
Sadah trotted over to Kes, careful not to trip in the sands. "That's a relief. I've seen cranky nesting queens, and I don't have a wish to repeat the experience."  

Sallah Telgar

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:07 am
((Welcome back Rixaka, I noticed you've changed your username, it's nice. Don't forget to post in the hatching date thread or your candidite won't impress.))

Kes turned and smiled. "Yes well, I think Mith is busy at the moment with Lina and M'gor and M'gor bronze Cadeth."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 pm
((Then, TC, did Ruarana go back to the barracks? I have my new candidate, Falin, rping with her there.))

'Wow' was right, Maris thought. He'd seen fire lizard eggs, but these were just so much...bigger. That was an odd phrase; of course they'd be bigger. He walked nearer to one of the eggs, one eye on the queen dragon.

"I wonder...do you think she'd mind...if we touched them?" he said slowly.

His hand twitched at his side. He hadn't realized how badly he was looking forward to the Hatching, when the eggs would break open, their occupants searching for their lifemates. Incredible.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:50 am
Akira smiled. "I don't think right now would be the greatest, from what i know and heard about animal, they might be unhappy or angr if you touched it's little ones." she crouched down and looked at the eggs.

((ummm...okay, when is it, i'm confused, and thankyou))  
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff