Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Old Events
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you rise to meet Thread when it rains down on us again?
Through Fall, fog, and fire I shall!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
By the shards of my dragons egg, I will.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
...uh, is there a third choice?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
((It's cool, just join in. Also, I wasn't trying to make Kes come off as arrogant. She's just been alone most of her life and since she's been with only the weyrleaders so far and hasn't been in the candidite's barracks, she hasn't met anyone. Please, don't bite my head off. I'm not angry or anything, I just don't enjoy getting bashed for what is my character's natural personality.))

Kes shook her head carefully. I've probally heard of all of you but we just haven't been properly introduced. Sorry but I haven't been to the candidite's barracks just yet. I headed staight to the hatching grounds when I arrived here earlier from Honshu. I apologize if I seemed rude." She also really wasn't used to dealing with people a whole lot. Since she'd lived alone most of her life, she knew she'd have some problems. Now she had to worry about hurting people's feelings.

----

M'gor raised his hand in proper greeting to the greenrider. "I DO remember you. Sorry, about that. With Lina having health problems and Mith so broody over her clutch, I've had a few problems remembering things." He offered her a gentle smile. "Now, sit and eat. Enjoy."

----

T'gal watched the happenings in amusement. 'Looks like this'll be more interesting that I thought.'

Barith warbled in amusement at his rider. You find strange things interesting, mine.

T'gal grinned. 'Yes well.'  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:41 pm
((I wasn't biting your head off. I was just commenting that usually candidates know each other before-hand. I'm lazy and I didn't go read what's in the Hatching Grounds thread, so I didn't know. Also, I don't think that Kes is arrogant, it was just something that Chanta observed. I don't attack people through RP.))

Chanta shrugged. "Word travels fast here. I guess I got ahead of myself. I'm Chanta, by the way."

Tanal nodded. "And I'm Tanal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talia smiled kindly. "It's alright. I understand the stresses of running a Weyr. One of my best friends growing up Impressed a gold and is a junior Weyrwoman."

"I do hope that the Weyrwoman and her dragon are doing well."  

Eldawen

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:31 pm
Zim turned at the sound of a new firelizard and chirped a greeting to the brown. The gold looked at Lina and glided over to the girl, settling on the back of one of the chairs surrounding her. Lina turned her head and smiled; she wasn't the only shy one. She turned back to the others just in time to catch everyone's introductions and Talia's inquiry.

"I thank you for you concern, Talia," she said, meaning it. "Mith and I are as well as can be expected. Just a bit preoccupied."

Only you are preoccupied, dear heart. I merely wish to protect my eggs from any harm.

No harm can come to your eggs in this Weyr, Mith. The candidates would do nothing to harm them; after all, they're trying to Impress.

Lina's eyes strayed back to the girl in the corner.

Her name is Fayre. She has two brown firelizards, Terran and Zaiden. She has not yet eaten.

Well, she could deal with this Fayre. She smiled, stood, and picked up her half full plate, which she had only been picking at. "Excuse me for a moment," she said, and walked over to Fayre, settling in a chair opposite her, the one Zim was lounging on. She set her plate on the table and pushed it over to her, smiling a bit.

"Eat," she said. "You look starving."

Zim's eyes whirled gently as she watched Fayre.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:54 am
Fayre made a mental note to better train the larger of her two browns later. Terran was too timid to be a nuisance at all. She'd be lucky if she could even dislodge him from where he was still huddling against her neck. At the sight and smell of food, however, he launched himself from his resting place. She flinched as his talons cut into her shoulder slightly, despite the padding on her shoulder for just that reason.

She took notice of the gold fire lizard that had settled near where she was sitting and finally noticed the Weyrwoman coming towards her with a plate still half full with food. Zaidan landed on the table in front of Fayre, his eyes whirling almost as fast as the primitive thoughts of food and hunger in his mind. Terran was circling slightly above the table, undoubtedly waiting for a chance to eat.

"Th... thank you, Weyrwoman," Fayre mumbled, hoping she really didn't look that badly starved. She took a small bite of the mashed tubors, first; she was pretty hungry. Zaidan went over to the plate and snatched up little pieces of the meat, leaving only a little for Terran once he was sated. "Could I have... a little more?" she asked fairly quietly, feeling awkward in the presence of any dragonrider, let alone the Weyrwoman. "For Terran, of course... my smaller brown," she added quickly.

Dystopia Lycanthropia

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:51 am
((It's cool. No problem. Just a misunderstanding.))

Kes smiled faintly. "I expected word to travel, Chanta. A dragon had to sit on me to get me to come here from Honshu. I shouldn't be surprised that people know me. I'm called Kes, by the way." She turned to the other girl to greet her as well. "Nice to meet you too, Tanal." Bari had finally landed on the table and was sniffing at Chanta's hand curiously. The other bronze, Karim, was doing likewise to Tanal. Poor timid Tattle just kept his place next to Kes. She smiled at the three. "You'll excuse them. Karim and Bari are the two bronzes there. They're really friendly, just don't give them table scraps or they'll never leave you alone." She then gestured to the brown that had climbed back onto her shoulder. "And this handsome brown here is Tattle. He's really shy but a real sweetheart." Tattle then let out a shy chirp in Terran's general direction. He noticed the other brown was in the same prediciment he was and was sending his condolances.

---

M'gor watched Lina go to the solitary candidate with amusement. 'Looks like we got us a shy one, eh Cadeth?'

The bronze warbled at his rider. She is just new, M'gor. She will calm down and make friends in time.

The Weyrleader shrugged. 'I suppose you're right, old friend.'

----

T'gal too had noticed the candidite sitting all alone and got up and moved over to her table. "Evening, Ma'am. Mind if I sit here." He gave her a charming smile.

Barith chuckled at his rider's antics. Do not frighten her T'gal. Her name is Fayre. She is new here. I beleive she has impress two brown firelizards called Terran and Zaidan. She appears to be very nice. So do not upset her.

T'gal grinned. 'I'll be nice, friend, I'll be nice.'  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:23 pm
Lina's smile widened. "Of course," she said happily. "You're welcome to anything here. One moment."

She rose swiftly and swept back to her original table. She scooped some more food onto an extra plate, winked at M'gor, and slid back to her seat with Fayre. She pushed the plate over to the little brown, Terran.

"Your firelizards are beautiful," she said, "and very well cared for. I think you'll fit in very well here."

Zim turned her head and nibbled a bit on Lina's tunic.

"Oh, shards!" she muttered. "I apologize; I haven't introduced myself. I'm Lina and this is Zim. And please, oh please, do not call me Weyrwoman. It's more than enough having all the riders here call me that. It's a bit formal for my tastes."

She glanced at T'gal and smiled. "Seems we have company."

You're in a better mood. Is there something I should know?

Mith, it isn't anything like that. I just like blue riders in particular.

Blues were no match for her Mith, but they were generally more comforting for Lina than other colors when Mith was not being overprotective.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:02 am
M'gor grinned at his weyrmate as she passed him. 'Good, she's finally solializing with the people here. It's about time.'

Cadeth concurred. I agree.

---

T'gal smiled brightly at the Weyrwoman. "And a fine evening to you too, Lady Lina." He sat down then and helped himself to another plate of food.

Barith bugled his greeting from outside.

T'gal laughed at him. "Haha, my Barith sends his greetings as well. He says you seem to like blue dragons. He's honored."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:47 pm
Fayre smiled in gratitude for the food. Terran stuffed himself with most of the food on the plate; he didn't even touch the tubors, so the female Candidate finished them off. She reached over and scratched the tiny eye ridges of the smaller brown, and he closed his eyes, crooning happily.

"Thank you," she said quietly in response to the Weyrwoman's compliment about her fire lizards. "Zaidan is a bit of a bully towards Terran, but I love both of them and try to take the best care of them. Zim is beautfil, as well," she murmured, watching the gold fire lizard chew on Lina's tunic. "And I'll just call you Lina, if you'd like," she added with a slight laugh. She blushed a little as she noticed that T'gal, a blue rider, had come over the the table, as well. "I don't mind if you sit over here," she mumbled, relieved that Zaidan would be too sluggish from stuffing himself to cause much trouble.

Dystopia Lycanthropia

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am
T'gal smiled charmingly at the girl. "Barith says your name is Fayre. Nice to meet you, I'm called T'gal. So...how are you enjoying weyrlife so far?"

Barith murmured his approval. Very good mine.

He grinned. 'Thanks.'

-----

Kes smiled as she watched her two bronzes continue to sniff at Chanta and Tanal's hands. She sighed. "They seem to like the two of you. You're welcome to pet them, if you'd like."

Tattle snuggled into her neck and she reached up to pet him. "You're alright Tattle, these people are nice." She noticed Fayre had a timid brown like she did. "Why don't you go over and say hello to him Tattle. I'm sure you'll get along."

The brown squaked in agitation before nipping at Kes for making him be social and taking off to land gently on Fayre's shoulder opposite of where Terran was and chirped quizzically at both the girl and the other firelizard.

Kes smiled and called over, "His name is Tattle. He seems to like that brown of yours since both of them are a little bit on the timid side. Please be nice to him."

On the table, both Bari and Karim made encouraging chirps at their brother brown before going back to sniffing at the two female candidites again.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 am
((Please forgive my lack of posting, college has kept me pretty busy.))

Zimiri and Tatt watched cautiously as another firelizard sniffed at Chanta's hand. Chanta carefully reached up and stroked one of the bronze firelizards.

"Your firelizards are friendly. It takes Zimiri and Tatt a while before they decide if they like a person enough to go up to them."

Tanal's Taz chirped happily as his person scratched Kes' bronze.

"Indeed. Taz here is more content to sit and watch everything then to interact."  

Eldawen

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:41 pm
Akira suddenly entered the room by accident. She was having a look around the place and was very curious to where everything was. She blinked when she entered the room, and seeing all the people. "ummm... hello..." she said a bit shyly. Akira was very confused. "sorry, if i stumbled into this room by accident, i was... just having a look around..heh heh..."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:30 am
M'gor looked up. "No, indeed, welcome. Come on in and sit down. We'll get you something to eat."

----

Bari and Karim chirped happily at the girls petting them. Kes grinned, "I know what you mean, Tattle here perfers to just sit back and watch everything usually. Bari and Karim are much more outgoing." Kes was also continuing to keep an eye on Tattle who was over visiting Fayre.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:26 pm
Akira smiled. "hello, then. um thanks." Akira took a seat. "so, i don't mean to be rude, but may i join in this conversation by knowing what you are talking about?" Akira's two companions joined her. "may my friends have something to eat as well?" she said as the fire lizards nipped at her sleave.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:51 am
M'gor grinned at the girl. "Not talking about much. Just the candidites getting to know each other a little better. You should join them, most of them have firelizards too." He offered her an extra plate. "Here you go, for your little frineds."

----

Kes shook her head as Tattle turned from his path to Fayre and darted back to her and down the front of her tunic. "Eek! Tattle, you get out of there!" She put her hands under the shaking bundle of her firelizard where he layed curled up against her stomach. Kes shook her head. "You'll excuse him." Bari and Karim paused in their quest for attention and chirping an inquiry at Kes. The candidite shook her head. "He's fine, both of you. Now let the nice girls pet you." The two crooned and rolled over simutaniously for the two candidites so they could scratch their bellies.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Eldawen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:21 am
((Gah, I'm brain dead at the moment but I'll post later. I just wanted to point out that Tanal is a guy.))  
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff