Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
BAND NERDS!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R U A BAND NERD...?
  *raises hand* yep...
  me...a band nerd...you got-ta be joking...
View Results

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:50 pm
AzureFlame
*raises hand* Concert band nerd right here! I've been a die-hard flutist for 8 years now and I love it! I must also mention that I have a beautiful tone and a nice vibrato. blaugh If had to make one complaint about playing flute in concert band, it would have to be when the flutes are not in tune with eachother. *shivers* rofl

We have too many flutists who can't even play the right notes for anyone to even notice that. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:38 pm
*snicker snicker*

ORCHESTRA!!  

Javinus

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:38 pm
Javinus
*snicker snicker*

ORCHESTRA!!

What instrument?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:22 am
My concentration is on violin, but I'm currently a student teacher for middle school orchestra with ambitions to have my own program this time next year.  

Javinus

La Bella Rosa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:32 pm
I am a concert band geek.
Die hard alto for four years now.
And guess what? I AM GETTING A NEW ALTO! It's a Yanagisawa A-901. Which is uber because I have never had my own sax. I have always played a thirty year old cranky Vito that has been overhauled three times since I started it (it was my mother's before me). And it is currently held together with rubber bands and duck tape. Just thought I should share that with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:36 pm
Tepeu Geyumaz
Band geeks unite!!

But the question is....

Are you a CONCERT band geek? "Tune or die, fool!"
Are you a MARCHING band geek? "Give me drill charts or give me death!"
Or are you the ULTIMATE band geek? "So much band in one person that even Sousa can't handle it! Hoo!"
Concert band geek. Seriously, people need to learn how to tune. I do marching band pretty well, and enjoy it I guess, but it's not really good music. It's more about the show. I'm pretty ultimate band geek, but I hate Sousa. I hate marches. Does that make me a bad band geek?  

Koravin

Koravin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:39 pm
musicfreak42
AzureFlame
*raises hand* Concert band nerd right here! I've been a die-hard flutist for 8 years now and I love it! I must also mention that I have a beautiful tone and a nice vibrato. blaugh If had to make one complaint about playing flute in concert band, it would have to be when the flutes are not in tune with eachother. *shivers* rofl

We have too many flutists who can't even play the right notes for anyone to even notice that. xp
So true. I've been playing flute for almost 13 years now. Flutes that can't keep in tune hurt me.

Ooh, I also play bagpipes. Yeah, I'm cool... in a completely nerdy sort of way. In the sort of, I have no friends kind of way. emo
Bah, Data will be my friend. And the Doctor. Oh Doctor...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:58 am
Flute! Marching band! That's me.  

AtticusFinch12

Zakugara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:58 pm
Dude, i am so a band nerd! and i play a lot more than just the trombone, but it is my favorite.!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:04 pm
Heheheh....I play the Alto Saxophone. XDDD
I OWN!!!! rofl  

Doc Ivo Robotnik

dorthyd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:05 pm
I ..play clarinet..and acoustic guitars....YEAH! I LIKE MY GUITAR! HUH? ANYONE WANT SOME ON THIS GIRL?!?! I LOVE PLAYING! ...glad I got that out...... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:23 am
I'm a band nerd, but sadly I don't play anything.

I'm on COLORGUARD!! xDDD Hehe, and I'm also the Roadie when colorguard is over. Band is great. ^^  

twiggimmapiggus

Mega Mage

randomshoes77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:59 am
Tepeu Geyumaz
Band geeks unite!!

But the question is....

Are you a CONCERT band geek? "Tune or die, fool!"
Are you a MARCHING band geek? "Give me drill charts or give me death!"
Or are you the ULTIMATE band geek? "So much band in one person that even Sousa can't handle it! Hoo!"

They say we burn so bright...

Bwahaha... I am the ultimate band geek. I'm in the band room at least 2 hours a day. Though drumline is hell this year. Our show blows. Alot. =(
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm
I'm a band geek.....and guard geek!!!! Marching Guard, Winter guard, and concert percussion, and did drum line at pepallys and percussion concert (couldn't march it because of guard of course!!!) But, I must say guard is my thing!!!!!!!!!!! COLOR GUARD AND WINTER ALL THE WAY WOOHOO!!!!!! hehe  

Little patched kitty

Mr SnowStarChan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:34 pm
I'm an ultimate band geek, but marchign has to be the most fun.

I currently play baritone and tenor sax(in JAZZ band!). I van also play the clarinet, bass clarinet, trumpet, guitar and a little piano. I could maybe do the drums if ya gave me some time with them. xp  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games