Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
ERAGON: Book vs. Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like ERAGON the...
Book
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Moive
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

rainbow_in_the_dark

Magical Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:11 pm
My biggest problem with the movie is that it condensed it down into what seemed like a single movie. The books are a trilogy and they combined and condensed too much down to make the transition from Eragon to Eldest easily.

When I hear a book to a movie I expect the directors and producers to take some creative license because it is easier sometimes to write something and picture it in your head over making it into reality on the screen even with cgi and anythin else. However they chopped the movie too much. I mean they sliced out the entire port city, which is where he really meets the fore telling lady and the werecat. Instead of in the first city. A little bit too much difference from the book.

Which is why I do not like the movie Congo anymore, read the book and it died for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:32 pm
One more thing that bugged me about the movie was that you didn't get a feel of long long it took them to get everywhere, and how far they travelled. The movie felt like it took place over the course of a week, rather than the months it took in the book.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

BestFemaleBodybuilder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:14 pm
the book was far better  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:27 pm
i watched the movie first and i thought it was good. Then i read the book and i noticed that the movie left out alot of things that were in the movie. It was rather dissapointing. The book book was way better  

mods helper

Sheik Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:19 pm
movie sucked, period.

it was nothing like the book.

most of the characters were not right.

it was too short.

that was NOT how the story went.

the book was awesome.

i guess the movie would have been ok to someone who'd never read the book, or remotely heard anyone talk about it...

it made my eyes burn burning_eyes

oh, well..... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:26 am
They... destroyed... the... movie... ARG!!!!!!!! How could they?! The book was totally awesome!!! They left out millions of things!!!! Eragon is not what I imagined him to look like... Though I think Murtagh is really cute... and is perfect for the role... AND WHY IN THE WORLD IS GALBATORIX IN THE STUPID MOVIE?! ARAG!!!!!

But I gotta say... if you weren't comparing the book and the movie, and you haven't read the book first, the movie itself is okay. Harumph...

Duchess Rhea

Ruthless Genius

Leo Lionheart333

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:34 pm
i'd vote but can't but if i could i'd say book because most of the time book better then the movie  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:43 pm
the only people that would say the movie was good were people that dont read the books!!! gaaah! that movie killed the book......... xp  

oathXofXoblivion

icedragoonX

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 pm
i hate the movie with an undieing passion the book have great the movie made my lose all faith in directors (sorry i suck at spelling)  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm
The movie was, to be blunt, CRAP!

I'd sooner eat my platforms then watch that film again. It just goes to show that if you're making a film based off a book get a good director.

And the less said about the game, the better.  

Klous d-Arc

Krell356

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Movie sucked so bad that I wonder if they realized that they can't make the second movie now because no one will watch it. They would spend more money making the movie than they can ever hope to make by selling tickets and dvd's put together.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:46 pm
I never read the book, but after watching the movie...I thought it was crap. It was obviously fishing for a sequel...and I doubt anyone would be interested after watching the first one.  

Soujii-sama

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 am
I thought the movie was pretty cool and if I hadn't watched the movie I never would have found out the book had ever existed.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:57 pm
the book was still a horiffic mockery no matter what anyone says.  

Krell356

eldestboy29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 am
The movie was bad compaired to the book but it was still a decent movie. It would have been so much better if then had paid closer attention to the book though.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff