Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
DRAMA GEEKS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hjesta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:42 pm
Auditions for The Little Mermaid are next Monday!!! Wish me a broken leg!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:36 am
Well, break a leg. Have a particular role in mind?  

chibi_kasumi_108

poisonousdragonrelic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:20 pm
I'm working on "Reckless" at the moment with my school.. It's an Arts Magnet school, so it's sure to be great. I'm mainly a techie, so I work on light plots, costuming, set design, and all that jazz. What does everyone else do?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 am
GRR! I Hate your kind! (Just kidding) But seriously, the arts magnet school from around here always got graded better than us at compettetion, not for the quality of acting, but for having more money for better props, effects and stuff. They have a seperate award for that , which they definately deserve, but their acting just honestly always that good.  

chibi_kasumi_108

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 pm
I've only ever been in two plays [One big production for a whole city, i was a little guy [5 or 7] dancing in the background. another, a school play. i was an evil land lord [10 i think] but everyone i know says im a good actor...not sure, but hey, why go against the flow?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm
I'm in Antigone. I don't know what part I am though.  

Firenze_101

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 pm
My school just did The Secret Garden. I couldn't be in it because of schedualing reasons, but it was really good. I've been in mainly musicals, but I enjoy regular plays as well. It's good to have a variety.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:44 pm

Kevinro12

cherub_Shagami

Moonlight Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:48 pm
I gave up acting to become a Techy. Working on the lights and sound is pretty hard. I think the worst part of the whole deal is when I have to get the Director to understand that "No...that color will wash out her dress and make her look ill...no, no...Changing the dress wont matter...yes, she'll trun green." ( I really said that) whee confused  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:13 am
I understand completely. I have worked with some really incompotent directors. It is amazing the ideas that they come up with. We tell them that it won't work, and they say do it any way, and then when it doesn't work (like we have originally said), they blame us for not doing it right. scream  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

cherub_Shagami

Moonlight Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 pm
Yes! I just want to choke them. The head set has a wire...I could do it stare

example: I was doing follow spot and told them, your can't cut actors off at the knees. They look really bad only half covered in light. They didn't listen until a number of audience members started wondering why they did it. I was the one who got in trouble. Not only from the director but from the actor that "looked like a fool" (like he needed help..), My director (for not being more persistent) and the stage manager who had to listen to her complain the whole run of the show and relay the info to me via head set.

I was so flustered I missed my cue twice. and got yelled at again.

what a pain! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:19 pm
Hehe, I use to perform minor roles or help with the props and such and then I actually wrote my own script and almost had it performed twice but I went to a very small school and I didn't have the cast members necessary nor the resources to perform the play :s it was fun practicing it and the like though smile .  

Mika_Ichijougi

three_min_hero

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:57 am
God, I miss drama... I haven't done anything since I graduated from high school. I usually acted in Drama Club, but if I didn't get a part, I'd do PR, or props, or costumes. I always had sooooo much respect for the tech crew, 'cause a) I'd have no idea how to do that, and b) our show would not run without them. Especially since, at my school, the tech crew and the stage crew were pretty much one group...

I think my favorite moment from any play I've done was getting to stage-fight my friend Justin. It was cool, learning how to make it look like I was tackling him and trying to kill him, without actually injuring either of us. I hurt my knees a lot on the tackling part, though. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:06 pm
I'm a big drama geek.I've done a couple of school created musicals,and then I was in Wizard of Oz.Musicals are SO much harder than regular plays,but I love them both!My dream show is Rent or Hairspray.....Oh and I loved those shows BEFORE they became movies.  

Kitsune-lass

Lady Colette The Chosen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:24 pm
i was in a through the looking glass musical recently.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games