Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
STAR WAR NERDS WELCOME! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u like star wars?
  *raises hand* ME ME ME!
  ...star wars....nope...
View Results

Lexarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 pm
Kurzon_Dax
Hjesta
Me too. Did you know the actor in R2D2 is the only actor in every single movie, and I got his autograph!!!

*EHHH* wrong, C-3po and the emperour were also in ever movie, and are the same actors in everyone, theres three. Did he sign it as R2?

Hmm...
The Emperor doesn`t appear in SW IV, and in the original version of SW V there was another person playing the part (with an awful make-up job, BTW) Ian Macdiarmid only appears in SW I, II, III, and VI. They later redid the scenes where the Emperor appears in V, with MacDiarmid.

Anthony Daniels only provided voice for SW I, C3PO was either a puppet or a CGI.

So, the only actor to play his part in screen in all six movies is Kenny Baker.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 pm
Lexarius
Kurzon_Dax
Hjesta
Me too. Did you know the actor in R2D2 is the only actor in every single movie, and I got his autograph!!!

*EHHH* wrong, C-3po and the emperour were also in ever movie, and are the same actors in everyone, theres three. Did he sign it as R2?

Hmm...
The Emperor doesn`t appear in SW IV, and in the original version of SW V there was another person playing the part (with an awful make-up job, BTW) Ian Macdiarmid only appears in SW I, II, III, and VI. They later redid the scenes where the Emperor appears in V, with MacDiarmid.

Anthony Daniels only provided voice for SW I, C3PO was either a puppet or a CGI.

No, 3PO wasnt all CGI, never was he, but yes, the Emperour wasnt in all, im wrong, sorry  

Kurzon_Dax

butterflygirlGK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:36 am
anyone read any of the books... I must admit that when I was in HS I use to read the young jedi knights books smile I know it's terrible but they were fun... I just recently got back into reading some starwars... as for me I would have to go with return of the jedi or episod IV can't decide... old vs new...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:08 am
I've read several of the Star Wars books. It depends on what version you want to read. There are a lot of older books that happen after the New Republic, and there are equally as many before Episode I. There are even books inbetween movies that are fascinating. In general, I've found all of the Star Wars books to be good in general. I would recommend any of them.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Lexarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 pm
Kurzon_Dax
Lexarius
Kurzon_Dax
Hjesta

Hmm...

No, 3PO wasnt all CGI, never was he, but yes, the Emperour wasnt in all, im wrong, sorry

I meant that Anthony Daniels was inside the costume in all movies except for Ep I, there was no way he could have gotten inside the "naked" Threepio, so the only way for him to play the part was to dub the puppet/GCI Threepio.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:29 pm
butterflygirlGK
anyone read any of the books... I must admit that when I was in HS I use to read the young jedi knights books smile I know it's terrible but they were fun... I just recently got back into reading some starwars... as for me I would have to go with return of the jedi or episod IV can't decide... old vs new...

Used to. I highly recommend the Thrawn trilogy*. It feels much more like Star Wars than the prequels...

*Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. All by Timothy Zahn  

Lexarius

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:15 pm
Lexarius
Kurzon_Dax
Lexarius
Kurzon_Dax
Hjesta

Hmm...

I meant that Anthony Daniels was inside the costume in all movies except for Ep I, there was no way he could have gotten inside the "naked" Threepio, so the only way for him to play the part was to dub the puppet/GCI Threepio.

Oh, ok, i get it  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:35 pm
My name is Padme for a reason!  

Padme18

Lexarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:58 pm
Padme18
My name is Padme for a reason!

Your parents are big SW fans?

3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:08 pm
Have any of you found an R2-D2 mailbox? biggrin

I'm going to try to find the one in my town this weekend. blaugh

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20070319.html  

Hydrangia

Obsessive Hunter

33,075 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250

Timo Supremo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:01 am
I was watching A New Hope the other day, and my sister walked in and called me a nerd! I couldn't believe that she didn't like Star Wars! I agree about episodes 1, 2, 3. They're pretty lame. I do like the battle between the droids and the clones in Attack of the Clowns, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:49 pm
Timo Supremo
I was watching A New Hope the other day, and my sister walked in and called me a nerd! I couldn't believe that she didn't like Star Wars! I agree about episodes 1, 2, 3. They're pretty lame. I do like the battle between the droids and the clones in Attack of the Clowns, though.

Hmm... what kind of movies does she watch?

I bet there`s at least one that would merit a "Nerd!" back.  

Lexarius

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:02 am
I love star wars, though I didn't fancy the new ones as much I do like the old ones. Ok, in the episode 3 was pretty good, espesially when you could hear the darth Vader's tune song playing in the background before Luke had turned into a Vader.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:30 am
Lilygwen
I love star wars, though I didn't fancy the new ones as much I do like the old ones. Ok, in the episode 3 was pretty good, espesially when you could hear the darth Vader's tune song playing in the background before Luke had turned into a Vader.

Anakin, thank you  

Kurzon_Dax

HippieHallie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:06 am
I love Star Wars!!!! Only problem is all the sappy stuff in Ep2, and Jar Jar. Can't stand him  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games