Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Best Game Series EVER...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Video Game Series Ever?
  Final Fantasy
  Madden
  Dynasty Warriors
  Zelda
  Mario
  Other(Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest, etc.)
View Results

RizaMustang24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:48 am
I don't like the Final Fantasy series either. In case you haven't realized it at all, it's getting kind of old as well.
Zelda and Mario will ALWAYS be the best series, and they have both had better games and almost more than Final Fantasy, don't spam me, but I hate how it pops up everywhere I go. For you guys it's ok, but it gets really annoying to us who DON'T like it, omg! It is possible.
But it is so hard to find people who have played the Fatal Frame series, it's amazing how almost no one has played it!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:35 pm
Ehh, some FF games are good, but I have to say Zelda series are the best. There classic and so much fun to play, and of course, most of them are challenging.  

x-weinis-x

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 am
Suikoden, of course.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:11 pm
Zelda is the greatest but the most legendary would be Mario. What cahracter do you think of when you think Nintendo? Mario. What video game has everyone and their grandmother played? Mario. We have to love the plumber in his red overalls and you know it.  

Chef Paula Deen

Nami Kaito-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:09 pm
Ehrm...I'm a Final Fanatic...
How can I not go for the FF? Most every Final Fantasy game I Played (Started with VIII), except for X-2, that was their only slip up...is incredible!

Don't believe me, play XII and say it sucks! I dare you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 am
I've played all the Final Fantasy games except for 6 and X-2. They're very good. I like them. But Suikoden is still the best. Period.  

chibi_kasumi_108

Naki Wolfblood

Lupine Shade

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:50 pm
I find Final Fantasy gameplay to be too slow for my taste. I've seen FF X-2 and XII, and mh-mh. To me, Legend of Zelda will always be the inmortal.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:23 am
Ah! Don't make me chose between Final Fantasy and Zelda!

I've played FF7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2. I've played Zelda Ocrana of time and Twilight Princess. It's hard to decide what's better. Final Fantasy has provided so many good games, but I grew up with Zelda: OOT.  

kuro-kun

Pencie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:16 pm
Final Fantasy heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:17 pm
Fact of life: The divide between the Final Fantasy fans in the world and the Legend of Zelda fans in the world is almost exactly 50/50, save for a few thousand people here and there. Personally, I prefer Legend of Zelda.  

xXHemletXx

zamtira

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:22 pm
hmm i bet not many have heard of it but i would have to say thae dot hack series. man that shiznit ROCKED mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen oh and kh chain of memories of coars ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:50 am
There are quite a few multi game franchises I've played.

I like FF, but I've only played the older games (I'm working on 6 on both the SNES and GBA). I expect 7's handheld to be on DS and PSP. I like that it's multi platform and the fact you don't need the storyline from one game to go into another one (at least prior to X).

I've played Mario since NES days. My favorite of those games to date is Super Mario Bros. 3, which I have on the GBA so I can play it any time I want. Granted, it's only on Nintendo platforms, but there are enough Nintendo platforms that that really isn't a problem.

I like to play Zelda, but haven't in a while. Graphics-wise, that series got better with each incarnation. The latest in the series, Twilight Princess, is awesome! I recommend it on Wii instead of GameCube if you have the choice (like we did). The plot is nicely done too and progresses smoothly. (I love to watch Naki play Twilight Princess!)

Now one franchise I've not seen listed that I think should is Sonic. Sega's speedy blue hedgehog is one of my favorites. I've played him since his original incarnation on the Genesis. My favorite two of his to play are Sonic the Hedgehog and Lock On Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. I'd like to play Shadow the Hedgehog (which I saw for GameCube). Though originally you could only get this franchise on Sega platforms, now that Sega is focusing on software rather than platforms, he's much more readily available on virtually all the current platforms.

But of course, this is just my opinion.

Ryuu Suishou

13,475 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hellraiser 500

little91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:09 pm
final fantasy of course!
i just luv square enix games heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:50 pm
Kara_Nari
I swear to god, I am the only person in the world that doesn't like final fantasy.

Your not alone.I can't stand Final Fantasy. Its so friggen stupid and boring.  

snubsnub
Crew

snubsnub
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:52 pm
I say my favorite PC game is Halo. I just love the game to death.
Can't wait till the 3rd comes out on PC D:  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games