Wanna get rich? Lets start some inflation! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oshousama_Raistlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 pm
him am the devil
At the risk of sounding really dumb, how do people cause artificial inflation? neutral

By purchasing all of that particular item being sold at a cheaper price and selling at the aforementioned price of 50k. A monumental task, if you ask me: There are atleast 100,000 of the january letters currently circulating gaia or in people's inventories, and the number is still increasing since the month hasn't yet ended.

...and when you multiply 100,000 by 15k...that's a lot of gold... Not impossible, mind you, just really hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:17 pm
GinoLeTV
prettyslavegirl
bringing about an inflation in something like that so early is just sick.
you have all those people out there questing for one, then suddenly.... 50k, pretty damn annoying if you ask me.
It wouldnt be the inflater's fault that the quester didnt quest soon enough...

haha te blame game.

So was it JFK's fault for not ducking ahead of time to dodge the bullet that hit him in the head?

Or was it all the victims of 9.11 's fault for not evacuating ahead of time before anyone even knew the planes were hi-jacked.

No...
The fact is that nobody can see into the future so really it would be the inflators fault for having the lack of ethics and morals that would stop them from screwing over a human being all for the sake of a little more gold 3nodding
Suck it up and earn gold the real way, or at leaste the right way  

falllenshadows

Oshousama_Raistlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:13 pm
falllenshadows
GinoLeTV
prettyslavegirl
bringing about an inflation in something like that so early is just sick.
you have all those people out there questing for one, then suddenly.... 50k, pretty damn annoying if you ask me.
It wouldnt be the inflater's fault that the quester didnt quest soon enough...

haha te blame game.

So was it JFK's fault for not ducking ahead of time to dodge the bullet that hit him in the head?

Or was it all the victims of 9.11 's fault for not evacuating ahead of time before anyone even knew the planes were hi-jacked.

No...
The fact is that nobody can see into the future so really it would be the inflators fault for having the lack of ethics and morals that would stop them from screwing over a human being all for the sake of a little more gold 3nodding
Suck it up and earn gold the real way, or at leaste the right way

Oi! *points at falllenshadows*

You! You still have to reply to my angelbow union thread! I want to continue debating you! mad lol mad rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:59 pm
Hmm...well, here's a bump for you anyways! xp  

Oshousama_Raistlin

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 am

• Ehh.
        Inflation takes a lot more effort and resources than you probably think. :0
        I haven't done it before, but I've seen lots of talk about all the attempted inflations that have failed. It's a lot of planning to get it to stick.
        You can't just buy something like the Jan 07 out to 50k once and leave it. People would dump their items as soon as they saw it and bring the price low again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:24 am
c a u s t i c

• Ehh.
        Inflation takes a lot more effort and resources than you probably think. :0
        I haven't done it before, but I've seen lots of talk about all the attempted inflations that have failed. It's a lot of planning to get it to stick.
        You can't just buy something like the Jan 07 out to 50k once and leave it. People would dump their items as soon as they saw it and bring the price low again.

I'm not really sure how much i agree with you. your first point is deffinitley valid and correct, Inflation does take a lot of money and time generally more than most people can manage and commit to.
it's the second which has me wondering...
as if say... twenty were bought and placed at a higher price, i'm inclined to believe that more people would hinge with their baser instincts (greed being the key one) and go for the money, placing their items on the market place for just under or close to the amount you place yours on for, as if you can sell an item for 100 or 1000 (with the guarantee of getting it sold, which is generally there with donation items, lust is a usefull instinct to capitalise on..) you would most likely place the item for the latter as everyone likes money.
I jsut dont believe they would so readily dump their donation items... as most people are expecting the price of the item to increase and will most likely wait till it rises higher....  

prettyslavegirl

Tiger Spectre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:59 am
Being hesitant to join a guild and although I was invited, I decided to look over the threads. As I came across this thread of massive selfishness, thirst for self-gain, and domination of the gaia marketplace I thought to myself. This guild is pretty awesome. Not easy to get rich thinking of others, so lock away that conscience and hope for the best! ^.^ Just message me the plan buddy and ill get right on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:11 am
Oshousama_Raistlin
him am the devil
At the risk of sounding really dumb, how do people cause artificial inflation? neutral

By purchasing all of that particular item being sold at a cheaper price and selling at the aforementioned price of 50k. A monumental task, if you ask me: There are atleast 100,000 of the january letters currently circulating gaia or in people's inventories, and the number is still increasing since the month hasn't yet ended.

...and when you multiply 100,000 by 15k...that's a lot of gold... Not impossible, mind you, just really hard.

^.^ We dont need to buy all 100k letters. If we could get ahold of 60 or 70k we could start and finish huge inflation. Heck even 10k would be possible (Not as easily at such a low number though). Once we get a large number of one particular item and sell it for a high amount, than its almost guarenteed that everyone else will jump on the band wagon. If you had a gift of the godess in your hands and saw 400 people in the market selling for 50k would you stick with your knowledge of prices and sell for 15k? Our prices are going to stick we just need to set our buy only to 14 days and watch as 50k is imprinted into the consumers mind. The gaian marketplace is a small one and there may only be 100 of each item in there at all times. Control the flow of things, not the entire thing.  

Tiger Spectre

jakeup07

14,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:12 pm
do what i do buy stuff and then hold on to it for a while then it will be worth a lot of money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:13 am
him am the devil

They lower interest rates. Artificially, I'm guessing!  

whoisjgalt

House Gregory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:03 pm
"Okay, either you suck at math, or your about to die in two seconds..."

First of all, its called AI. Standing for Artificial Inflation.
Second of all, if you want to get rich off of AI'ing something, you need atleast 5 Million to AI successfully. You also need to buy an item with alot of them in the marketplace. (Katana's, DH's, etc) AI'ing is also a risk taker, because items can easily deflate in seconds. Im not taking part in this, but if you want to AI something, by all means have fun.

"...Okay, you suck at math."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:10 pm
I have a thank you letter from a few months ago (the one w/ Momo & Mini UFO), which I plan to hold on to for at least 2 more months. I'm waiting for the natural inflation of Donation Items to raise it to a good price.  

LolitaNevermore

Shizuma Sakurai

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

11,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:21 pm
LolitaNevermore
I have a thank you letter from a few months ago (the one w/ Momo & Mini UFO), which I plan to hold on to for at least 2 more months. I'm waiting for the natural inflation of Donation Items to raise it to a good price.
I afree with natural inflation, it is normal, if you collect something you expect to see the value grow. To me AI is the most vile despicable thing I can think of, there are more ethical ways to make a profit. If you decide to try it, I hope the item takes a drastic depression.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:26 pm
Hold on to the letters for a long time. As the over-eager masses open them, the original letters (not the items) become rare, causing more inflation.  

LolitaNevermore

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 am
THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

biggrin  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items