Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Ask the Chaos. intro and willing to help others. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 am
How exactly do you make about 300K profit each day, without resorting to sniping and such?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Youkai_Girl06
How exactly do you make about 300K profit each day, without resorting to sniping and such?
work fast. work efficiently. use both the marketplace and the exchange. and use valuing systems.  

-=chaos-raver=-

Infested.Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:55 pm
.... Hm .... well seeing as your so good I need a few pointers, I have been selling items at less then market price so i could get some cash up to start merch. I Currently have 1.7k ... so im selling my spirited boxers 10k and brown gift box 8k (ya i know thats high ....) and no one EVER buys ...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:01 pm
so set the items as buy now, for 5 minutes only, and lower the price a bit. try for a quick sell.  

-=chaos-raver=-

Infested.Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 pm
Thats what i always do, and the boxers are way under the AB ...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:38 pm
Infested.Spirit
Thats what i always do, and the boxers are way under the AB ...
so putt them in lower.  

-=chaos-raver=-

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:27 am
-=chaos-raver=-
Youkai_Girl06
work fast. work efficiently. use both the marketplace and the exchange. and use valuing systems.

That's not really an answer. Just tell us what you do on average when you log in. For example, how do you manage to buy items for a lower price than selling them, while you sell them under the market value.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:37 am
"Okay, either you suck at math, or your about to die in two seconds..."

Best Misprice?

"...Okay, you suck at math."

House Gregory

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 am
House Gregory

Best Misprice?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what does that mean?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:43 am
Youkai_Girl06
House Gregory

Best Misprice?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what does that mean?

When you find an item on the marketplace really cheap and you buy it.
(e.g: Buying Laurels for 50g when they are 13,000g)

House Gregory

Youkai_Girl06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 am
How big are the chances you get to see that more than 3 times a day. It can happen, yes, but not often.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:05 pm
that's where the exchange comes in. sell off everything you can in the marketplace, doesn't matter if it's a bit low. buy the most expensive donation item that you can get a semi good deal on. doesn't really matter if you over pay a little. then make a thread and sell the item that you bought. value items that are offered for your item UNDER what you would sell low in the market. for example

there's a donation item being sold, it's price in marketplace is say 22k. you might ACTUALLY be able to sell it for 21k in the market, so go ahead and offer aroud that. then, if you get the item, turn around and sell it again in the exchange. say they offer an item that's 20k in vend and 1k pure gold. you think that you can sell the item they offered in vend for maybe 19k, so value lower than that and value the item at 17-18k.

in this case their offer would value at 18-19k. that's when you ask them to add. 3k would be the best. if you can get them to offer another item value it the same way. and if the total comes to about the vend price of YOUR item. then you're garuntees than you can sell their items in vend and come out a few thousand gold ahead.

the bigger and more items you have to work with the more you can do this. that's how I make so much every day.  

-=chaos-raver=-

darthapples

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:20 pm
Ok, not to sound stupid, but i'm not sure i understand. what is a vend? I've never done exchanges. I don't know what half these terms mean...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:36 pm
I have Penguin Slippers that I'm not really interested in, what do you suggest I do?  

Band of Ponies

-=chaos-raver=-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:06 pm
aralyn
I have Penguin Slippers that I'm not really interested in, what do you suggest I do?
start from the step of selling it in the exchange. ask more more items and less pure gold. and value the items like I said in the previous post

darth: vend is the same as the marketplace. just a much easier way to say it.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff