Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
A High Increase of Scamming.. Discuss the Issue. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scammers?
  Nothing but Scum
  n00bs looking for items & gold fast.
  If I was a Moderator, I'd cast the first stone.
View Results

Kaneluv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 am
You should add a poll question saying instead of "n00bs looking for items & gold fast" = "n00bs actually getting items & gold fast" whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:00 pm
Only recently have I started getting a small smattering of random emails and crud looking for my p-word and other info, and of course these get automatically reported.

I also get random messages from people who want to 'borrow' my Gift of the Goddess, and I turn these down automatically.  

ladyleopard11

6,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:26 pm
i get endless pm's asking for pw's, items, discounts, etc, (even a person threatening to send me a virus once, although i know that's impossible)
too lazy to report any of them  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 am
Sorry to hear about that sad Never trade an item unless you can see exactly what you're getting. Part of being a smart marketer is keeping up with the market. Know what things are worth and watch the value trends of items you can't buy in the stores 3nodding If all else fails and you're really not sure about a particular transaction, post something here asking for advice. Someone is sure to have some helpful input.  

Rhireiah

Auro70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:57 pm
I feel very sorry for anyone who has been scammed, I have not been on Gaia for very long but I will take much consideration as to what is being said, and if it makes some of you feel better I will give you some gold or items if you ever get scammed just send me a pm though I don't have much.

Auro OUT  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:01 pm
although some scams are cleverly constructed, most of them are pretty stupid lol

sometimes you go like, is that person serious, who'd fall for those kinds of stuff? rofl  

yoshizuki-chan

que123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:04 pm
ladyleopard11
Only recently have I started getting a small smattering of random emails and crud looking for my p-word and other info, and of course these get automatically reported.

I also get random messages from people who want to 'borrow' my Gift of the Goddess, and I turn these down automatically.

I have had the same thing happen to me on three separate occasions and I have reported them all. The problem is that they just make another mule and go right back at it stealing things. I consider this an invasion of privacy and I don't tolerate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:59 pm
I asked someone before about banning the ip address instead of the mule, but they said that they stopped doing that, anyone know why and any way to change it back to that?  

ZrKnight87

Panthera_Enigma

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 pm
Zr, the reason they stopped banning IP's is because there may have been multiple people posting from the one computer, or even the scammer borrowing a friends pewter for a day and then getting that IP banned.

Also, there are some servers, in fact most nowadays, that have the option for a changing IP address. It hard to ban an IP address when it changes each 5 minutes.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:49 pm
yoshizuki-chan
i get endless pm's asking for pw's, items, discounts, etc, (even a person threatening to send me a virus once, although i know that's impossible)

well it's not impossible for someone to send you a virus, they would not threaten they would send a key logger and find out on their own.  

Vic-Rattlehead-DDE

ChaosAngel00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:11 pm
Zvahl
I don't really know why, but I was invited to here, so I might as well make the best of it.

Lately, I have noticed Scammers are becoming a higher risk amongst the Gaia Marketplace.

Not only is it annoying, but I, sadly.. became a victim of it.

I personally see that the whole issue, and the way moderators even handle this is truly horrible. and by the time it happens, they could care less and give you as much as a "Well, you shouldn't of fell for it"

So for those who either wish to discuss a way to try and cut down on this major issue, or those who wish to tell their stories, feel free. We're all here to listen.

My Story:

** Just FYI, I'm not disappointed in the fact I lost an Ancient Katana, if it was worth 300k or something, then I'd be angry.

If you check my profile you can see I'm going for my dream avatar, and had 2 Ancient Katanas up, someone messaged me with a Wallet for Katana, in a sense I knew it was fishy, but I have seen worse trades..

The downside to this story is, I asked my friend to go through the trade in my moment of downtime. The trade was apparently my Katana for a Gift box & 100 gold.

The box itself contained a teeshirt.

But the PM he used was a written promise that I was to obtain a Chain Wallet for the Katana. He refuses to hand it back for return of the same items. So in your own eyes, would you think he is on a run for a ban or should be let go?

i never trade unless there my friends and if its a gift box i wont take it no matter what it could conatin a t-shirt or gold anklets  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:51 pm
Garro
yoshizuki-chan

well it's not impossible for someone to send you a virus, they would not threaten they would send a key logger and find out on their own.

well i don't think that person could have done much harm, but just in case i blocked him, that way he couldn't send anything to me

he was like: "give me all your s**t or else i send you a virus" mad  

yoshizuki-chan

cinders4mysteria

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:39 pm
A friend of mine was recently hacked and was trying to get her whole friends list to send them our passwords but I didn't fall for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:52 pm
I have been getting PM's every day asking for my password. Some of them are quite clever. I report them all.  

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

AzureFlame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 pm
*sigh* People are just too lazy to earn their own gold and items. I too am tired of the PMs asking me to give my password.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff