Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Why Geeks and Nerds are Worth It Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give a nerd a
  cookie?
  try!
View Results

crystal_raye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:06 pm
chibi_kasumi_108
Of course, if you're really lucky, you can get the best of both worlds. My boyfriend is absolutely gorgeous, gets along fine in social situations, and is a ******** genius. The only thing to dislike is when I want to cuddle or talk and he's in the middle of a "very important" game of Starcraft. But, being a gamer and a bit of a geek myself I can kind of understand. Plus, since we both have extremely high I.Q'S we know our kid's going to be intelligent as hell.

I envy you crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 pm
ya thats my boyo!!!!! (*sigh that me to............excpet more w/ the books, anime, and stuff then the computers....) lol we have fun though!!!!  

Little patched kitty

Fires Fuel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:02 pm
I have to disagree with the Victoria's secret experience. I myself would much rather look at Victoria's secret mannequins, but I would end more excited and spending more time in an electronics store.
My wife and I are geeks, me more so no questions asked, and I'm pretty sure our little girl will one day grow up to be a gamer girl. So there's gamergirl+1  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:11 am
I had a guy like that... I miss him.. I made the mistake of going to one of those other guys... The one who wants to be a nerd but hes really just an a**...
I miss him and want that guy back.. But girls.. you have to understand.. Those arent the most forgiving of guys.. If you break their hearts, its very unlikely that he will let you come back. So look your man in the eyes, tell him you love him and dont take him for granted. He can love you like nothing youve ever seen or can even imagine. Geek/Nerd love is the strongest and most powerful love there is..
Hold on to him.. Dont let him go.  

SoldierGirl87

Shmaba

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:58 pm
Being a nerd myself I feel a bit insulted by this. Either the fact that it's a very sterotypical view or the fact that it really is true. Or I guess I might just be embarrassed by it redface

I think the real reason geeks don't get that much love is because we're usually not as exciting as "the flashy guy", or really really shy. Most probably will be more loving but they won't know where to begin. Some would have trouble approching a girl without feeling like an idiot. Atleast that's with my experience sweatdrop

Girls! Make the first move! It helps 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 pm
Yeah I kinda had to ask my guy out because he was so shy. Thats the only problem, some guys get branded as geek (like its a bad thing) and then become too shy to ask girls out. I don't know why this happens but most girls end up being the ones asking.  

yay_caffeine

Pton32

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:07 pm
I totally agree. I've only dated a few guys that weren't geeks. ^^ I'm a geek myself *gasp* and I love geeks. ^^

It's nice that the guys I date all had never had a girlfriend, so they were all "OMG A GIRL :O" and they really really want to please you. ^^

Besides, doing calculus together is much more fun than watching a jock go play football and drink beer all night. surprised  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:33 am
Im not shy....just not very well in my presentation. "Hey...Shilo! Happy V-day-Valentines day....Happy Valentines day....  

Kurzon_Dax

Angelique tulips

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:17 pm
chibi_kasumi_108
Of course, if you're really lucky, you can get the best of both worlds. My boyfriend is absolutely gorgeous, gets along fine in social situations, and is a ******** genius. The only thing to dislike is when I want to cuddle or talk and he's in the middle of a "very important" game of Starcraft. But, being a gamer and a bit of a geek myself I can kind of understand. Plus, since we both have extremely high I.Q'S we know our kid's going to be intelligent as hell.

omg i am sooo jealous..... crying why can't i find a guy like that!?!? crying  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 am
I really much agree with you engineer of doom about having a nerdy bf cause not like those handsome and cool guys who are just so full of themselves and are to popular about girls and like always surrounded w/ them who pretty much like so much attention preferred to a geeky guy who reall is an honest and loyal person especially his qiute gifted of having a smart brain and high IQ and the society need those kind of guys to do the knowledgeable things so i prefer nerdy guys instead and of coursea nweird and bookworm like me and nerdy would get along with my own kind.  

windemerald

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:57 am
I think I'm the geekier in my relationship, but what I have heard from my boyfriend, it's not a bad thing. Most of those things do apply on most of the geek boys I know. It's a shame that so much "good boyfriend material" goes to waste when they are too shy to make an contact with a girl. That's why I support the idea that girls can/should make the first move. (That's how I snatched my gorgeous hubby xp )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:34 pm
Quote:
5.) They’ve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?

I lke this reason best, it is simple and to the point.  

AerialFrogg

Chrono850

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 am
wow I thought I was the only middle person *jks*. Very nice list you have there. Watch the movie refenge of the nerds that has a good point in it too. All jocks think about is sports all nerds really think about is sex. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:10 pm
chibi_kasumi_108

If I was in this kind of situation, I would press F10, leave the game, and pay attention to you. I like gaming a lot, but well, there are more important things. 3nodding

As for my behavior... well, I'll admit it. I was once told that girls like flashy guys who can get any other girl at any time. I refused at first, but then, with dramatic words, they poisoned my mind. And then, the first time I was dating a girl with some success, I was being fake. I was pretending to be a big casanova that could get any other girl at any time. I thought my true personality was the most unattractive in the world, thanks to these idiots, so I had to fake an "attractive" self just to feel myself comfortable. Now I terribly regret this, and I want to tell her the truth.  

Da_Nuke

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games