Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
Final Fantasy XII Combat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm
You've studied the game... I've played and (almost) finished two games, and read the strategy guide for fun. xd

And I'm sorry if you think it implies that I consider you dumb. It's not an easy thing to find without references, the zodiac spear, and because I had no idea what ftw stood for, I just assumed it was a backwards wtf and thus explained. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm
kk sry i overreacted and thanx for ur concern.  

YoSoyGuapo

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 pm
No problem. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:59 am
I'm sorry but i got to say one more thing arikai, u kno how u said u almost beat it twice. i've beat it 3 times, and am on my fourth. i did the 3rd one on the 122333 challenge. in case you don't kno wut that is it is where have vaan lvl 1, balthier and fran at lvl 2, and basch ashe and penelo at lvl 3. ur "almost twice" ain't got nuthin on me.  

YoSoyGuapo

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:46 am
xd I'll give you that.

You're must be bats. xd I can't imagine doing that. blaugh

And I never ment to imply your experiance wasn't valid or good~ heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:59 pm
You guys are funny... comparing how many times you've beaten a game. I'm on my 5th time through already, and personally I can say that how many times you've played through it is meaningless. You can learn as much as you want through one good play through as you could with a dozen quick play-throughs.

The other times I've focused on learning about weapon combinations, which characters can make the best magic users, or if any are needed at all. I've found that there doesn't have to be any magic users as long as you have someone at a distance incase of status AoEs. This time through is to obtain every esper, kill all the marks, and max every character's level and if possible stats... which I've not yet found a way to do. And when I'm finished with that, I probably won't ever play the game again.

I'm also surprised that neither of you have said anything about putting Balthier with a ninja sword or dagger, something that accents off his high agility and works with him better than a large or exceedingly heavily damaging weapons. I've noticed that with a ninja sword Balthier almost never stops attacking, sometimes he hits so many times in one attack that he overlaps them on to his next attack. My record with him is 16 hits with the genji gloves on, 9 without. I've found that he is almost always the person that finishes off an enemy... and they don't ever last long.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:11 pm
You want the reason for my two play throughs? One for me, and one with my sisters. stare Also, they're both 'good play throughs'.

As for Ninja swords and daggers~ I don't like using anything that doesn't do lotsa damage in one hit. Also, half the enemies in the freakin game absorb dark, so I have no desire to equip anything with dark element. Dagger are also too weak...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:43 pm
Has anyone ever beat the game without using quickenings? All of my friends who have played through use quickenings in about every boss fight, but I haven't used them at all. I'm basing this off of the main bosses, not side quests.  

Wolf149

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:37 pm
I'd be dead with out quickenings. o_O Fights would be sooo long with out them. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:53 am
Without using quickenings at all... no... however I usually don't use them in anything except fights against Espers, it's an issue with mp and not being able to cure afterwards. Even during the last boss I like to horde my items too much and I don't want to use the MP. I found that after you get the final form of the last boss (I'm trying not to leave any spoilers around) down to about 30% HP he gets really hard if you just try to hack at him without any magic or quickenings. Hell he even killed one of my Espers before he could really do anything, but still I haven't ever used a quickening on him.

Also, if you really want to know a way to beat anything, though it's only possible towards the end of the game. Here's an unstoppable tactic. Have two people with their top two gambits as follows: Ally razz arty Leader > Reverse, and, Ally: Party Leader > Decoy. Then, if you want, I don't usually have problems with it, have a gambit so they give them selves some MP restoring items when they cast too much.

You'll find that when using this tactic, the enemy will always only attack the party leader and all the damage they do will heal him. You're practically invinsible. I say practically because there's a small window of opportunity for your opponent to cause damage between casts of reflect. I would recommend having the gambit; Ally > Haste, to cut casting time down as well as shorten the fight. I've killed quite a few bosses and marks with this tactic and I've yet to have anykind of trouble from anything.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items