Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FF XII HELP IS HERE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:38 pm
YoSoyGuapo
Maluc Fieri
A test before I really ask you for help. How do you get into the hidden room in the Sochen Cave Palace and how should I prepare for the boss fight there?

Ughhh slightly difficult test, but if I remember correctly you go in a clockwise manner around to all the Doors of Hours starting with the eastern most one. Then you take the key to the door at the far end, open it, and then you fight the boss.

Boss Preparations: The boss is lvl 60, but it is important you be slightly higher.(This is a hard fight) From what I discovered by fighting him is that he has no elemental weaknesses. Be ready with raise, curaja, and esuna in this fight. Haste comes in handy in almost any boss fight. You might want to buf up your party members with protectga and shellga because this will probably be a physical attacking fight. you should be anywhere from lvls 61-70 for this fight.

Good, good... you did well. Now what I really need help with is this:

I've been preparing to take on Omega Weapon, I know I'm ready, since I'm lv 85 or so, but I can't seem to find him. I'm pretty sure he's in the great crystal in Giruvegan and I know he's in the upper reaches of it. I already found and defeated Ultima but still I can't seem to discover Omega's whereabouts. Do you think you could help me find him?

I have another question but let's just start with this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:24 am
Maluc Fieri
YoSoyGuapo
Maluc Fieri
A test before I really ask you for help. How do you get into the hidden room in the Sochen Cave Palace and how should I prepare for the boss fight there?

Ughhh slightly difficult test, but if I remember correctly you go in a clockwise manner around to all the Doors of Hours starting with the eastern most one. Then you take the key to the door at the far end, open it, and then you fight the boss.

Boss Preparations: The boss is lvl 60, but it is important you be slightly higher.(This is a hard fight) From what I discovered by fighting him is that he has no elemental weaknesses. Be ready with raise, curaja, and esuna in this fight. Haste comes in handy in almost any boss fight. You might want to buf up your party members with protectga and shellga because this will probably be a physical attacking fight. you should be anywhere from lvls 61-70 for this fight.

Good, good... you did well. Now what I really need help with is this:

I've been preparing to take on Omega Weapon, I know I'm ready, since I'm lv 85 or so, but I can't seem to find him. I'm pretty sure he's in the great crystal in Giruvegan and I know he's in the upper reaches of it. I already found and defeated Ultima but still I can't seem to discover Omega's whereabouts. Do you think you could help me find him?

I have another question but let's just start with this.

The directions are hard to explain, so let me just first say that you have to at least accept the Yiazmat mark. If you haven't done that yet, try it. If it still doesn't work I'll be looking up directions for you. I don't quite remember exactly how to get there. I kno you have to teleport between a few waystones in a certain order. so you can get back to me on that.  

YoSoyGuapo

Evinta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:00 am
Well i got through the "mark" but the second boss kicks my butt, any tips for him?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:02 am
Well you should be physically attacking for most of the fight because you don't have his weakness, holy, at this point in the game. He gets a lot of status effects on you, so be ready with remedies and esunas. He uses a bunch of magicks, so make shell your best friend. Try to cast slow on him, it will greatly contribute to your victory. He is an extremely difficult boss, so I'd say you should aim to be lvl 40.  

YoSoyGuapo

Evinta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Argh, time to train then, im just hitting level 36 with three of my guys the others level 35.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:23 pm
Ya the the small gap between the bosses in Sochen make it EXTREMELY difficult to keep up level wise. In my first game the same "level-lag" happened between bhujerba and leviathan. so ya just level and you'll be fine.  

YoSoyGuapo

Evinta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:36 pm
Im running around in the highlands, completing the map for it (or trying to unless i run across a moogle who has one) and im getting there. Two at 38, Two at 37 and two at 36.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:00 am
Ohhhhhh, another reason you might be falling behind is because you use all six party members. most people just choose three.

Ill post mine:

Vaan -- Support & Buffer Magic; Secondary Physical Attacker
Basch -- Main Tank and Physical Attacker (Basch is constantly decoyed, protcted, shelled, reflected, and beserked.)
Penelo -- Magic Attack User  

YoSoyGuapo

Evinta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:18 pm
Level 40 and still my butt gets kicked! what gives?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Update weapons and armour? wink  

ArikaiHart

Evinta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:26 pm
Updated to the max i can get, i went for magic protection.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:12 am
Yeah all those dumb teleporters are the problem. I always get lost and end up heading back down towards the center. I have accepted the Yaizmat mark already, in fact I almost beat him once... but he got the better of me when he was near 20% hp.

There was a boss in Sochen? ...... oh yeah Ahriman!... Here's what I suggest, since I always leveled all 6 of my people too. (I just think it's good to have a back up party in case your first gets whiped out... and have them up to par rather than 20 levels behind)

You're going to want to have someone using a lot of AoE (area of effect, as in not just single targets) spells to wipe out the clones he makes. If you don't most of them will stay away for the majority of the fight. Then when his HP hits 10% they all come at you at the same time, and they use a lot of AoEs and status spells so you'd better be ready for them if you're gonna try to just hammer it out at the end.

What I've done before is this:

Step 1: Buff up your reserve party in case you need them. Haste, bubble, protect, shell, anything you want to throw on them, if you need them you'll most likely only need them right at the end.

Step 2: melee most of the fight through having someone spam AoEs (I forgot what I had then) and someone else moniter healing. My main tank was Basch and I did my best to keep him bubbled and decoyed.

Step 3: When Arhiman's HP hit 10% and all the clones appeared around me, I fired up a quickening chain as fast as I could. This should take care of most of the clones and if it doesn't you'll be hurting. If you didn't end the fight with the quickening switch parties (preferrably with your main party still alive, so they get the xp)

Step 4: Then just before your other party comes in, you might want to first switch out just your leader and fire off another quickening chain again using only one person's MP. (it'll probably be shorter than usual but I can usually get one around 8 hits using 1 person with mp and 2 without) When the quickenings end, switch in your other 2 party members and end the fight as you see fit, all the clones should be dead and you probably won't have to worry too much about just fighting a near dead, if not all dead, and most importantly, alone... ghost boss.

Hope that helped, good luck.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Evinta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:30 am
Thanks, will try that. All my team members are matching levels, i think only one is 39.

If i fail again, out comes my digital camera.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Sorry for double posting but i thought you guys would like to know i won but at level 42/43.  

Evinta

YoSoyGuapo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:21 am
Ok guys, sorry I haven't checked back in to this thread in a while, but I'm confused on whether or not Maluc still needs help. I apologize for my absence. It won't happen again. I'll be happy to answer your second question.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff