Black Giftbox and Platinum Halo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like the halo?
  Yep.
  Not really.
  It's too bas it isn't really a silver halo.
View Results

FiraGummi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:52 am
Well, the Platinum Halo has potential to have a higher price. =) It's kinda cool, actually. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 pm
The lowest buy price for the soot face (it seems that they've changed the name on this and the giftbox) is now at 1000, over double what it was when I was buying them yesterday.  

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

iyamaneenja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:29 pm
When there are rare items such as these, the smartest thing we can do to make a profit off of it is actually attempt to lower the market price, so we can buy them for less than 1k. What on earth is the point of increasing the price for everybody who is selling if we can't buy them out and then control the price ourselves? Oh well, with all the newbs holding onto these items, willing to do anything for even 1k gold, what more can be done? There would need to be a belief that they are really and truly worthless before the price would drop low enough, and that would be our time to buy. Then, when people realize that the item has become even more rare, the price will skyrocket. Hmm... I wonder if anybody in here could actually pull it off...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:49 pm
I don't know about how to convince everyone that they're worthless. You'd have to buy every one that's on the market (or at least a significant portion of them) and have lots of people selling them at deflated prices, to at least meet (or preferably exceed) the demand for them, so that the typical sellers have to lower their prices. It would have to be on a huge scale- if it's just a few sold at low prices, they'll just be taken in a few seconds, mistaken for a sale by a noob who doesn't know how to look up the real prices, and there won't be an overall impact.

It'll probably be a better idea to wait for the initial hype to end, buy then, and keep them for the long term. I can see it inflating on its own, if a large supply doesn't become an issue.  

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

Josephine Kilgannon

Stone-cold Cutie-Pie

9,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:31 pm
I sold one before the name was changed for 1K and after the name was changed to soot face explode I sold one for 850.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 pm
yep it'll inflate alright, just like the other more "expensive" event items
lol although honestly i can't imagine why anyone would want to look like they have soot on the face rofl  

yoshizuki-chan

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:02 pm
With the mask, I can see it being used with the demonic items, and things like that. After the first day, when they changed the name, I noticed that it could be equiped without the soot so that it's only the mask.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:03 pm
yoshizuki-chan
lol although honestly i can't imagine why anyone would want to look like they have soot on the face rofl
You can do cool things with them, that's why I see these being popular, it'll take awhile before they are worth a lot.

DGK_bella

Ruthless Raider

12,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

DGK_bella

Ruthless Raider

12,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 pm
I actually bought mine. emo

I didn't know they were an event item yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm
im a mirage
yoshizuki-chan
You can do cool things with them, that's why I see these being popular, it'll take awhile before they are worth a lot.

Yeah, it does look pretty cool with the glasses my avi has. And like I said, it can make a good evil look. There can be enough of a demand for it to inflate, definetly.  

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

FiraGummi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 pm
As more people register on Gaia, I think more people will find it more useful. =D And it does match the demonic/shadow theme.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:16 pm
Yeah, site growth is the biggest reason for inflation on any item.  

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

Twiganut

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:21 pm
hee hee .. i like the joke.. it was funny ... but they changed the name of the item now ... its called april fools explosion or something... ... inflation is good .. but i dont have any ... *should go to get one or ten thousand!*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:18 pm
I like the soot face. I think it would look good an a G-Corp labcoat...

That poor poor scientist... Mixing the blue goo with the green liquid... tsk tsk tsk.  

GinoLeTV

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 pm
i actually haven't opened my box yet eek
maybe i'll be worth more eventually?  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items