Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Golden Compass Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know the golden compass?
  yes
  no
View Results

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:51 pm
I watched the trailer for it in the silver surfer, and it looks fantastic. Well to me, but first I want to finish the books...well actually finish them! I hear they are really really good,,,like Harry Potter good...well better!!!! So, I defeneatley have to read :I'm a harry potter fanatic, so i must read to believe!:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:58 am
My friend gave me that book to read but I never read it.  

Rashico

Loyal Spirit

5,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Hygienic 200

Erotica-Exotica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:10 pm
⌘⦗״✶∬⦘⌘♉

I have mixed feelings about it.
    I mean, the books were phenomenal, I was totally amazed that there was stuff out there that hugely surpassed Harry Potter.

The movie, on the other hand doesn't seem to to the book much justice.

〻-{{✖✖✖}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 pm
Less then 2 weeks togo  

Nathan6688

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Uerian

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:56 am
It looks so awesome, but I can't see it because my parents worry; the author of the books has said that the point of the books is to show people that following God is bad.

Pullman, that was a real dumbass movement to say that; now a good number of people will never read your books, even though they've heard good things about them emo  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 am
im definatly gunna see the movie....
my demon is a black cat named gabriel...  

BlackFiah23

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:45 am
hpfreak.abby
⌘⦗״✶∬⦘⌘♉

I have mixed feelings about it.
    I mean, the books were phenomenal, I was totally amazed that there was stuff out there that hugely surpassed Harry Potter.

The movie, on the other hand doesn't seem to to the book much justice.

〻-{{✖✖✖}

I must agree with you. Movies rarely do the books justice, and this seems to be no exception. As an avid bibliophile, I don't want to see them butcher the books, but yet I'm curious on how they made the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:45 pm
I'm reading the books now...and as for Harry Potter I finished them and have read plenty of other fantasy series w/lots more depth. The Sword of Truth series went much deeper than HP series, along w/Shanarra series, and some others I can't remember now but are much more indepth. HP books are pretty childish if you ask me compared to some real unknown material out there.  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

mommytolucan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:53 am
I don't like it because the girl kills God at the end.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:49 am
I have never read the book and I never will, I hate reading books XD
But I wanna see the movie =D

stan marsh xx

Original Squad

dml92

Thieving Cutie-Pie

11,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:31 pm
I've read the books and loved it, I really hope that the movie doesn't kill the book like it did for some of the other books I really liked and loved  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 pm
I don't know...from what I've heard it sounds like a freaky thingy like the wizard of Oz...but eh I'm not going to see it anyways...probably because it sounds like one of those "everybody is seeing it and you should too!!!"....if everybody is seeing it....I don't want to see it because I don't want to be like everybody >.>  

mibster

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:00 am
mommytolucan
I don't like it because the girl kills God at the end.

GOD WTF IS WRONG W/YOU RETARD YOU ******** PISS ME OFF WHY DO YOU JUST HAVE TO ******** SPOIL THE TRILOGY YOU ******** RETARD

Seriously why the ******** did you just post that spoiler out in the open okay you didn't even put much thought into it and ever hear of putting spoilers in white text for crying out loud that's ******** the unwritten rule of spoilers damnit

I liked the movie the chronology was not the best and they didn't include the end of the book but I assume they'll include the end of book one in the second movie and the actress of Lyra is amazing  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 pm
I saw the movie, but I haven't read the books. I found out about the books too late. I really want to read them. I loved the movie, I expect that the books will be better.  

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 am
ninja For the benefit of Mr. Kite...

I love the books, and the movie did its best to capture all of the magic that was in them...but it fell just a bit short. Not short enough to warrant all of the bad box office intake that it got, but I was hoping for a little bit more. I hope that they continue the series, though, because if they don't...well...I will die a little inside.

...there will be a show tonight. domokun

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces