Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Warhammer 40K? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lexarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 am
I`ll be phasing out some of my current models. Mi trukks are kinda small (They were designed with Gorkamorka figures/bases in mind, after all...).

Hmm... Think there will be plastic Gretchins? I have about 30 metal ones, plus another 20 I converted from Warhammer Fantasy Goblins and Grot weapons (as in the catalog); but I wouldn`t mind adding a new mob to my numbahz.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:45 am
I already started making a 10,000 point army list for my tyranids, but I'm very proud of my 7,000 point list because it consist of over 50 of my models being conversions (and 8 carnifexs)  

Nilador

Lexarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 pm
You scare me, man.

And I also envy you... My orks are a few points above 2000 points at the present; at best, I might be able to muster 2500 orky points if I hurry to finish the trukks I have half done, plus a couple of nobz in mega-armor.

But before that, I have to finish the Space Marines I`m working at for the time being:

7 Terminators, a Command Squad, and a Veteran Squad. All with minor modifications to conform with my personal chapter. The Spectres of Revenge.

The only hard work is making hoods for each Marine (thank the Emperor for Dark Angels!).  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:41 am
Well after playing the game for 5 years you get a build up of bits so its rather easy then to make tyranids and plage marines. gift cards help alot to and so do the direct orders.  

Nilador

Machine Deity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:34 pm
I mostly paint and do conversions.

If anyone is willing to do a 50,000 point chaos army Vs. my 50,000 point space marine army call me. We can re-enact a black crusade. 3nodding

I have a 10,000 point.

Grey Knights
Space Wolves
Black Templar
Ultramarines
Dark Angels

armies, I paint often because my job gives me flexible hours. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:37 pm
I also made a space wolf hero convert using a grey knight terminator body by slapping on a fur cap, filling down all grey knight symbols and replacing them, and putting a space wolf commander head on the armor.

Took me forever to paint the way I wanted though.

I'll post pictures later.

Machine Deity

Nilador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:43 pm
You know apcolics is in where you can have great battles 3,000 points or more with no force chart.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:01 pm
Who else here goes to GamesDay?  

Nilador

Lexarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:52 pm
I would like to, but my passport expired some time ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:45 am
Passport? I just need a ticket to go to a GamesDay Convention. The last one I went to, or the only one I have ever gone to, is the GamesDay in Baltamore, Maryland. It was great.  

Nilador

Lexarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:03 pm
Well, I`m quite a long way from any Games Day site.

Some days I feel I`m completely outside the loop...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 pm
I know what you mean I just make an effort to get inforamtion on events that are rumored to happen at least a month in advanse so I can make sure I understand the bare minimum i need to join the event.  

Nilador

bleedingreality

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:37 am
*pokes head into thread*

I started an Ork army (don't ask) a few years back... until I realized that I sucked at painting, etc. the little guys. But I still religiously read web comic 40k related material, if that still counts... at all... on any level. *L*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:51 pm
Hey, it seems daunting to compare one`s first efforts to the `Eavy Metal team`s, but all of them started not knowing how to paint! So, just garb a mob and think "This one`s for practice!", Try to develop a simple standard for your starting efforts, and try to get better with each subsequent squad.

It is rare for the first set of figures to be satisfactory once you have several squads painting. So don`t get discouraged!

I still have the first set of figs I painted (a Forgotten Realms set, by Ral Partha), mostly to remind myself that I have gotten really better at painting since painting them. (Not Golden Demon level, but quite decent standard)  

Lexarius

Nilador

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 pm
My style for my tyranids is and will always be green carapace brown skin bone talons, its just the primar, paint, and amount of water you use is all that makes a model look good.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games