Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Stargate
Yeah...This is fun >.> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Life's a party, alright
  Whatever
  Who-hoo!
  <.<
View Results

Tarica
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 pm
How do we know the mirror is destroyed? Hammond ordered the 2nd gate permanently sealed, and yet when they needed it, they didn't have a problem removing the iris.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:05 am
Tarica
How do we know the mirror is destroyed? Hammond ordered the 2nd gate permanently sealed, and yet when they needed it, they didn't have a problem removing the iris.
as i am quoting you i am quoting Hammond ordering the destruction of the mirror during the episode i think it was called point of view season 3 he said to destroy the mirror once they went back. when did they unseal the other gate. the only time they even had to use the other gate was at the beginning of season 6 when Anubis uses an ancient weapon and destroys the original one. They get the other gate during the episode solitudes and the only episodes with the other gate is even mentioned are touchstone, Nemisis, small victories, and watergate. and the real thing you have to think about is do you honestly think you can permanently seal a stargate. hello "stargate" built by the "ancients".

that is my rant about stargate for the day see you next time.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

Ishtra

3,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:36 pm
Kaiser_MageMule
Ishtra
So what? We'll just grab the gate and make it take us to another one, then use that mirror to take us back through the gate here...

twisted
but what if they destroyed there mirror as well. and besides it would take a really long time to find our reality.

Kinda like "Sliders" thing, huh?

Well, that and the whole temperal decentegration thingy as an added threat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:49 pm
Kaiser_MageMule
Tarica
as i am quoting you i am quoting Hammond ordering the destruction of the mirror during the episode i think it was called point of view season 3 he said to destroy the mirror once they went back. when did they unseal the other gate. the only time they even had to use the other gate was at the beginning of season 6 when Anubis uses an ancient weapon and destroys the original one. They get the other gate during the episode solitudes and the only episodes with the other gate is even mentioned are touchstone, Nemisis, small victories, and watergate. and the real thing you have to think about is do you honestly think you can permanently seal a stargate. hello "stargate" built by the "ancients".

Hey, I'm just repeating what Hammond said at the end of touchstone, which is, and I quote:

"Yes, Only this time there will be a permanent iris welded over it and it will be placed under round-the-clock guard under the command of the SGC, my command."

Now obviously, since they did have to bring that gate back out at the start of season 4 (After they thought the orginal blew up on Thor's ship, but it was actually discovered in the ocean by the russians) somebody didn't weld on the permanent iris like he said. And I just want to point out that if the Iris wasn't permanent, how do we know that someone else from say the NID didn't stop the mirror from being destroyed?  

Tarica
Crew

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 am
Tarica
Kaiser_MageMule
Tarica

Hey, I'm just repeating what Hammond said at the end of touchstone, which is, and I quote:

"Yes, Only this time there will be a permanent iris welded over it and it will be placed under round-the-clock guard under the command of the SGC, my command."

Now obviously, since they did have to bring that gate back out at the start of season 4 (After they thought the orginal blew up on Thor's ship, but it was actually discovered in the ocean by the russians) somebody didn't weld on the permanent iris like he said. And I just want to point out that if the Iris wasn't permanent, how do we know that someone else from say the NID didn't stop the mirror from being destroyed?
good point but why.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:37 am
People up there^^^ were talking about using the mirror for something.  

Tarica
Crew

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:04 pm
i think they couldn't just destroy it they had to disintegrate it like zat three times or maybe throw it into the woosh of the stargate like they did on origin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:33 pm
Well do we even know who made the quantum mirror?

Back to the original thought, I'm on sporadically. I try to make it on at least once a day, though. 3nodding

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

MinakoTenjou
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 pm
so...what would happen if someone zatted the stargate 3 times??  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:01 pm
Uh, either nothing, disintegration or catastrophic explosion. sweatdrop  

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:20 am
Does zatting something three times work on something that big? To my knowledge, they've only tried it on a)people or b) itty bitty boxes.

Who knows? Maybe its less effective on bigger things?

Or am I horribly wrong? whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:00 am
Sayuri-Ryuu
Does zatting something three times work on something that big? To my knowledge, they've only tried it on a)people or b) itty bitty boxes.

Who knows? Maybe its less effective on bigger things?

Or am I horribly wrong? whee
no that brings up a point if zats worked on really big things they would have ship class zats that fire three shots and the shields gone get my drift. and the mirror aint that big to use a word that dosen't exist . so that brings down to using the whoosh of the stargate.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:21 pm
Well, the whoosh would literally pull its molecules apart, so that'd work.

I'm interested in the zatting question now. Does it work on big things? I think I'll head over to the quiz thread and ask the master.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:19 pm
Theoretically, the zat would work, but then again, we know thanks to Aris Boch and Anubis' super soldiers that there are materials that are unaffected by zats. Normally one would assume that the ancients would have safe gaurded the Stargates against similar energy weapons.  

Tarica
Crew

MinakoTenjou
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:42 pm
this is true...but it still boggles the mind.  
Stargate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff