Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kakteed

Fashionable Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am
Aishii
I have noticed lately that more and more in the media here in America, the word "God" is being censored in the media, while so-called "swear words" are not.

Now. I may be slightly prejudiced, considering that I'm a follower of God.
But really, that's not the real reason behind my arguement.

America is a free country. The Bill of Rights says quite clearly that we have freedom of religion. If the word "God" is being censored in the media, that means that equality, so idolized in American eyes, is being tainted.

Let me explain this reasoning.

If one religious symbol is being censored in the media, and others are not, then this means religions aren't being considered equal. For example. If, say, the word, "Satan" or "Devil" isn't censored, what is that saying? Satan is acceptable, but God isn't?

Personally, I think censorship is stupid. Common sense tells us every single word/phrase that is bleeped out. The purpose is somewhat pointless to me. But if you're going to censor anything, censor the word that's going to supposedly offend the masses. I mean, really. Cutting out "God" but not "damn"?

Well, anyways.
I'm ranting this at 12:43 in the morning. I don't think it's best to write a point of veiw when you're lacking sleep, but I wanted to get it out of my system.

Feel free to agree, disagree, or both.
Thank you. > <

I agree. I don't believe in a deity, but my thoughts about it are that the people rallying for its censorship just aren't strong in their beliefs so they try to make their beliefs easier for themselves.

I don't understand why people can't hear 'God' and just think 'god' or something similar. And I'm really sensitive about curseword censoring on the radio or TV so I'm upset that so many are slipping through. (I have a younger brother and I don't really need the kid to start learning cursewords, especially since he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. I actually learned the cursewords in kindergarten but I was mature and way under-spoiled at that time.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 am
I agree entirely  

Rengier

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out