Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
How do you help a cutter...? [New info] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VelocityIllusion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:08 pm
First, tell this person how you feel. Even if they don't want to listen, tell them.

Second, tell someone. Not just a friend (though that would be helpful) but an expert. There are things like the suicide hotline that you can call for help.

Do NOT accept no for an answer. If they tell you they don't want your help, tell them you KNOW they do. Because that's usually why people cut anyway. They may not know it, but usually it's a cry for help.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:29 am
if you just met the person and their telling you about it allready then their bragging and trying to get attention. do you know for a fact that her parents are neglictive and abusive? do you know for sure she had a brother?

I'm not trying to be insensitive, it's just that this generation thrives on misery. misery makes you "cool" now. having problems and telling everyone makes you seem like a deep, complex, troubled individual I guess. you never know when it's the real thing.

anything I would have said to help her has allready been said though. but even if she's doing it to be cool, it's still a problem and she still needs help.  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers