Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Ninjas or Pirates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AydenCross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 am
Well, the only counter argument against ninjas would be that their lives are just emotion-less assassins in the night. Their assumed role is basic canon fodder, but they've adapted some very unique and powerful skills.

But pirates? You wait around on a ship for like... WEEKS, bored out of your wits. You probably spend all your time with a bunch of dirty old men, and you HOPE that a ship comes by so that you can pillage it. And if one DOES come, you HOPE that the passengers aren't likely to fight back.

And you'll probably get scurvy.

I say....

Ninjas. ninja Ftw.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:51 pm
This should really have a poll.

But in the interests of continueing discussion, I'd have to go with ninjas. They didn't spend all their time on the sea, so they got to eat fresh food, be hygenic, and sleep comfortably. That, and they are really not much more then japanese assasins.  

Oni Akai

Aged Gaian

AydenCross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:05 pm
Care to go more in depth with that? I totally agree with what you're saying, but please..continue.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:59 am
both are cool in their own sort of way.  

meitianairen

Gracious Cutie-Pie

8,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

shinigamijusan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Ninja hands down  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:27 am
Ninjas.  

Shinobi-0342

Cadena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm
Ninjas!!!!!!!
Although Captian Jack comes in close! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:29 am
Y'arr,pirates eet ees. pirate  

Monsieur Nameless

Klous d-Arc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:35 pm
This question always gets me. On one hand, you've got Ninjas who can run along walls, throwing shurikens, killing people stealthily etc.

Pirates are adventurers. Sailing the 7 seas, pillaging booty, exploring unknown places and getting drunk while doing all of this (I refuse to make a rum joke).

Their are negatives though. Pirates get scurvy. Scurvy is god awful (I've never had it but still). Ninjas lead a very lonely life (or at least the good ones do).

More positives. Jack Sparrow. Come on, who here can say they don't like Jack Sparrow at least a little? For the ninjas, they have Shinobi and if you don't know who that is you obviously live under a rock.

More negatives (this ones more my own personal gripes). Pirates: Incredibly dirty. Ninjas: Naruto! (I'm sorry to the Naruto fans but I can not stand that show and the character!).

After thinking for some time I came to the conclusion that I should flip a coin. My vote goes to Ninjas.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:22 pm
wtf is this?! PIRATES! I'm not saying I'd rather be one, but they are far more badass. They drink and ******** and collect booty all day, and they have parrots. Plus, Maddox is a pirate and whoever is familiar with Maddox should know that because of this, they win. And I quote...

"If you're asking yourself "who the hell is Aron Ralston," you'd better step back and re-evaluate your life right now. Ralston, the living legend, was hiking up a cliff in southern Utah (probably to do something manly like take a leak off of it), when a giant boulder fell on him, pinning his arm against the ground. Most people would have just died, but did he surrender his life to a mere giant life-threatening boulder? Hell no. He just kept getting angrier and angrier until he finally CUT OFF HIS ARM WITH A DULL KNIFE. This after he literally chiseled away at the bone so he could snap his arm off and free himself from underneath the rock. Yes, you read that correctly, he cut off his own arm with a dull pocket knife.

Since I don't have any credible sources of what happened next, I'm going to go off of the next best thing: hearsay and rumor. After he cut off his arm, he jumped off the cliff and broke his fall with his face, just because he's that tough. Then he got ambushed by a tribe of angry Indians, caught an arrow in his heart, pulled it out and killed all the warriors with it. On his way back a buffalo crossed his path so what did Ralston do? He head-butt it to death, then he found its offspring and broke their ribs just for pissing him off. Then he chopped down a tree with his undoubtedly large p***s, built a raft out of it and rafted down the green river. That's the damn truth--more or less. Aron Ralston is a real man and one tough son of a b***h. He deserves utmost respect for being such a badass."  

kivaki

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:06 pm
No, no, kivaki, I'm afraid you're mistaken. Pirates automatically lose because of Maddox.

Shinobi, like the PS2 game? If so, Klous, you just made the winning argument for ninjas, because Hotsuma is the very definition of badass.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:07 am
If its a matter of who would win a fight, its hard to say...If you assume the ninjas ambushed them, and you're talking in REAL terms (that means NO manga characters with kicka** stuffs), it would be close. the ninjas would have stealth, and the pirates would have guns...and the only way I can see a ninja ambushing a pirate is by sneaking onto their ship at port and hiding somewhere until night...so they would be at sea with sweaty, kickass dudes with guns, swords, and rum. They'd kill a few pirates before they were discovered, but, what then? Since their only way of "disappearing" is by running hunched low like an old man, they'd probably get pwnt and run away...if they stayed and fought, I dunno, it would be a close match...it would all come down to who bribed Chick Norris more money...and pirates have lotsa shiny stuffs, so they'd probably have his help and pwn even more.

Anyway, if this is about who we like more...er...uh...tough choice. sad pirate ninja  

Vydris Sedillur

Familiar Noob

7,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vydris Sedillur

Familiar Noob

7,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 am
*Flips a coin*
*Watches* >.>
*Watches...*
*Gasps* >o>
*screams "WTF" as it lands sideways and says, "thats the last time I'm flipping a coin on a carpet..."*>.<
*Flips a coin*
*Watches*>.>
HEADS! rofl

THat means pirates are mah favorite. Yarr.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 pm
25 Golbez 52
If its a matter of who would win a fight, its hard to say...If you assume the ninjas ambushed them, and you're talking in REAL terms (that means NO manga characters with kicka** stuffs), it would be close. the ninjas would have stealth, and the pirates would have guns...and the only way I can see a ninja ambushing a pirate is by sneaking onto their ship at port and hiding somewhere until night...so they would be at sea with sweaty, kickass dudes with guns, swords, and rum. They'd kill a few pirates before they were discovered, but, what then? Since their only way of "disappearing" is by running hunched low like an old man, they'd probably get pwnt and run away...if they stayed and fought, I dunno, it would be a close match...it would all come down to who bribed Chick Norris more money...and pirates have lotsa shiny stuffs, so they'd probably have his help and pwn even more.

It would be pretty difficult for the pirates to shoot straight if they're drunk, which they probably are. And the thing is, the ninjas wouldn't just pick a couple of guys off and wait to be spotted; they'd plan, and probably get almost everyone in a massive surprise attack from their hiding places.

If the pirates tried to bribe Chuck Norris, he'd just beat the crap out of them and take the booty, so ninjas win even then.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:21 pm
I agree. Ninjas are much more precise and would plan out an attack. That an ninjas are historically trained guardians and assasins. I don't believe that pirates would go into the business with much training X) Not to offend. Pirates can be cool too.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff