Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
Vampire (prev: Flash's) Walkabout Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Somehow I doubt the fantasies of a middle aged Irishman will be helpful... And lots of what seems to be useful is in german...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:56 pm
*Taru regains his breath and half turns to flash*

So... what are you going to do with what very cryptic information you get out of this book?... I seems a lot more interested in the darker shadows of the world then in the mechanics of Vampiric living... and so not very useful to your goal...

*there was something in his tone discuraging to the continued study of this strange book.*  

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:16 pm
*Sometime later Veni and Rosemary came back down the stairs with the book and more notes. This time it looked more like he made a copy of them with a copying machine. Some parts of his notes he had crossed out and those parts were now unreadable. He sat the book down on the table.* I can't read anymore of these many collections of writings in one book. *Which was a lie. His reading of it actually goes further than his current notes. What he could get out of it, he had decided he didn't want to know too much about, so despite his curiosity he stopped reading it.*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:20 pm
So does it say much more about Vampires and Werewolves? Or does it just get really strange and confusing?  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:24 pm
I get the feeling there are much easier to read texts on Vampires and Werewolves then this one... Unless you're interested in other things... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:25 pm
Well... *said Veni who took out a pen and circled a paragraph.* This paragraph here by Rolland Akmar states that:

The vampire demon has no real intelligence of its own and isn't aware enough to try to gain complete control (this varies), yet it knows to rely on its human part if it wants to survive. Usually the human is in the most control, giving into some of the temptations the vampire demon else they'd go totally insane. In most cases resisting the blood thirst causes them great pain and if they resist long enough the vampire part fights for control (and usually gets it) to bite the first living thing it sees.

If for some reason the vampire didn't manage to trap the soul of the human when it changed the body, it would wake up and be nothing but a savage beast. In this form it is a dangerous monster, more powerful than a normal vampire is when he/she first wakes up. It runs around killing everything in sight, feasting off the blood. The normal things that would cause it fear and trap it such as silver, would no longer work. The best way is to kill it.

In some rare cases the vampire doesn't only thirst for blood, but for certain types of energies released by certain emotions. If they deny themselves this, than their thirst for blood increases to compensate for it. Rarer cases still are those who wake up with demons who are completely aware of themselves and struggle to gain control of the mind of the human. Should it succeed it'll be like the person, only without the emotions related to having a heart...

*He paused and went down and circled a short one, which read:*

There appears to be rankings amongst the vampires, not just signified by age. The lowest classes and 'newborns' only possess basic skills such as flying. Higher up gains the mist ability and still higher gains the ability to transform into certain animal familiars and even command them to an extent. I suspect that there are more, but they are secretive about it. These advanced skills are gained by age if they are meant to be a 'master vampire.'

*And then a one liner:*

Despite popular belief most vampires have reflections...

*In a different color of pen, he starts circling stuff on werewolves.*

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:10 am
Demons?... Wait a sec here the author changed what happened... or is this one of the things in another language I noticed that like every 50 pages or so things kind looked different but I figured it was the topic changing, is it like the author changing or something instead?

*Flash is now really really confused...*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:14 pm

This book is composed of several different pieces by many authors. You really don't believe that the same person originally wrote that first part do you? Maybe he put this book together, but the whole thing is bits and pieces written by many different writers.

The first author referred to vampires and werewolves as being a mixed man/demon. He stated that there is much man and demon in them. The second author gave what his observations where on the man/demons.

In the first paragraph he states that the vampire cannot successfully live without the human part. It also states that if the human part resists their new body's needs, the needs of the demon part for a lack of a better word, that he'll be driven mad. Quite possibly from grief or some other factor if he can't find a way to come to terms with his new situation. So the two must find a happy medium and basically drive each other I suppose. Of course it does also say that the influence of the demon on man varies, so some people are almost as they where when they were 'alive' with new weaknesses and strengths.

The second paragraph states what would happen if the creature lacked a human conscious, memories, etc when it wakes up. It'll go on a rampage since it lacks the ability to reason.

The third paragraph goes into different types of hunger other than blood that few vampires posses. From what I hear it's usually the 'darker' emotions anyways. The rarest case is where the actual demon part has the ability to reason. I guess you could say that normally it is like a child, but when it is like this an adolescent maybe? So it'll have even more influence on the person and struggle for more control and if not given what it wants it'll fight for full control and basically twist the person even more and they'll be a true monster maybe? I don't know how to successfully explain this one, since little is known about it. Even on my part despite knowing one like this... but they seem to be keeping it in check so far. Although the much darker side does show through once in a while...

As for the next one the author was anonymous and trying to describe the different rankings. I suppose it was saying that two vampires could be the same age, but possess a different level of power. One could possess only the basic abilities and the other could have more advanced abilities. And also that even newborns meant to be great vampires don't have the power at first that they'll gain through time. Admittedly I don't really want to get into explaining that.

The final one was admits a lot of text that I could not read. It may have been quoting someone. I don't know.

As Taru had said there are much easier reads on Vampires and Werewolves. They don't have to be books with facts put together...they could be fictional stories that have Vampire and Werewolf characters in them too. Those have much truth in them too... You shouldn't believe everything you read with those either since there will quite possibly be many part truths in them. Nor should you take all these notes completely seriously. *He wonders where the ability to eat normal food, like she and Daphne seem to be able to do, comes into the blood and darkness thing... That is a rare ability indeed and he hadn't known anyone to have been able to have done it before he met these two saplings.*

What exactly are you trying to discover in which you thought could be in this text? neutral If it's something I might know a little bit about, you could always ask and I may answer.

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:08 pm
um... eek but isn't it an interesting book... heh sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 am
Yes, yes it is. Even so there are things you don't want to know too much about and I believe this book has such things.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:52 pm
Yeah it did seem that second bit of translation was rather censored compared to that first peice of rambling about demons... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:07 pm
*Veni merely shrugged.* Or maybe I crossed out what I thought wasn't what she was looking for to make it easier to find the things on vampires and werewolves.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:01 pm
AAAWWW Man!

*Flash sighs and tosses herself into a chair obviously dissapointed with the results her found book had so far returned*

It's like it wasn't even worth it... you'd think there'd at least be something fun or evil or something in a book that old and strange and it wasn't even really informative...

*she leans for ward and rest her chin in her right palm*

And none of you have been real helpful or fun at all either...

*she catches herself and looks at the two vampires*

Eh uh... that's not to say I don't appreciate the effort or anything Eh he he heh...

*oh that was so not smooth*...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:09 pm
*Taru raised an eyebrow at the less then eloquent expression of dissapointment let out by Flash, but didn't really want to say anything to bring attention to himself... but he still felt like the nice thing to do was to say something to lessen the idiocy of her last statement...*

Maybe if you really want to find out all the demon dirty laundry, you should find one of those guardian guys... I mean they seem to be the anti-demon patrol, and don't you know your enemies the best?... or something like that?

*oh great cover her stupidity with your worse stupidity good move...*  

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:55 pm
*BlackMN thought this was odd behavior of her. Usually she was polite and childish... and even took baths with her and played with rubber duckies and such.*

... stare ...I'll ignore that...insult... *Veni took out the uncensored original version of his notes from his pocket and held them up.* So this is what you really want then? I was told you wanted to know about vampires, not demons and evil. *He handed them to her.* I suspect that most of what I can't read contains many 'fun' parts. But if you want to know beyond this, I hope you can find someone else to read it because apparently I am not 'helpful or fun' since I do not desire to know too much of something I don't think I should know much about.  
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games