Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am
I've got one thing to say, and its not necessairly a complaint. Torchwood is definately not a show for kids. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am
Wish I could see Torchwood. sad The buzz on its first two eps sounds great!  

Rhiannon2006

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:35 am
AAARGH! My folks VCR broke... right in the middle of the Werewolf Episode for David Tennant! Argh! ARGH!

Where am I going to get my Doctor Who fix now? It's not like I can afford cable!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:53 am
The DVD boxset of second series/season of Doctor Who is coming out in January, Harbone. Has the Christmas show, all of the series/season eps, and LOTS of extra goodies! Think it can be pre-ordered through Amazon.com ...

Hope that helps! biggrin  

Rhiannon2006

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 pm
Harbone
AAARGH! My folks VCR broke... right in the middle of the Werewolf Episode for David Tennant! Argh! ARGH!

Where am I going to get my Doctor Who fix now? It's not like I can afford cable!

I really disliked that episode. I think it was the worst of the season... browse the torrents. You can download the episodes from there and watch them on your computer.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:44 pm
Sorry, Velouria, I got dial-up. But I will look into that DVD suggestion, Rhiannon. If I still have my new job next year, I may even be able to put a little aside for some time travelling frivolity!  

Harbone
Crew

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:02 am
Well, I eventually managed to see the first two episodes of Torchwood (saw the second one before the first one... don't ask... >_< ). Agreed with Velouria, definitely not for kids - I hadn't really registered that it was showing after the watershed, but now I know why - in the second episode... [possible spoiler] an alien roaming the galaxy, looking for nookie... *grins* There was a rather naff sequence in the first episode, involving [possible spoiler again] a Clarice Starling-meets-Hannibal Lecter moment, which jarred because it was... too obvious and unnecessary... You can do better, Russell... Because of watching it in the wrong order, I initially thought I might not bother to come back, but now that I've seen it all (no pun intended...), I'll be giving it another go over the coming weeks, to see how it develops. Some promising new regular characters have been introduced, in addition to Captain Jack, and another good set for Torchwood itself - although I miss the Tardis... cry  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:08 pm
Got to see first ep of Torchwood... definitely not one for the small kids. I did enjoy it. The ending was unexpected. Got a speculation which is spoilerish, so going to stealth writing... Jack ended up not only being resurrected by "Tardis/Rose" at end of DW series 1. As an additional result, he gained immortality. Do you think that this is RTD's clever way of getting around the finality of the Doctor's lifespan after his 13th regeneration? Just a thought. Can't wait to see the second ep!  

Rhiannon2006

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:39 pm
That's an interesting speculation, Rhiannon... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:04 pm
Indeed it is a great speculation. It would be an interesting way to keep the show going, that's for sure. xd Whatever happens, I hope the show stays around for a long while to come. 3nodding  

Velouria Dragoon

Warnersister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:22 pm
Videoed last night's Torchwood and watched it this evening. I rather liked it, although I can't really say why. The first eps were OK and I thought "yeah, it'll give me something to do until The Runaway Bride", but this week's I actively enjoyed.

It's also nice to hear Welsh accents on TV outside of Fireman Sam smile I only live across the Severn, but I don't really hear many in Bristol.

DW  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:26 am
I really liked the third episode, and if it continues in this vein, I'll be sticking with it - actively, not just casually. Good stuff, quite dark and grown-up for a Doctor Who spinoff. wink  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:52 am
Well, Umberella and I went to a costume party a few weeks back.
Here's some photos of us as my favorite Doctor and Ace.
The last photo was an attempt to gather up all the British Sci Fi characters at the party, although Arthur Dent, in the background, true to character, did not quite catch our drift. Alas, the flash obliterated the H on our Rimmer's forehead.

1. Me and Umberella
User Image

2. The Only picture where my face is even remotely uncovered.
Sorry, but I'd been dancing and even a short walk makes me sweat like a pig.
User Image

3. All the BBC Reps at an otherwise Trek/Star Wars party
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:40 am
Harbone
Well, Umberella and I went to a costume party a few weeks back.
Here's some photos of us as my favorite Doctor and Ace...

Hey, love the costume - where on earth (or Gallifrey) did you get a question mark jumper from?? Is there a knitting pattern out there somewhere?

I went to an eighties party a couple of weeks ago as Ace. Still waiting for my friend to find what she did with the digital camera...

DW  

Warnersister

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:17 pm
It's just a white pull-over with the question marks drawn on in fabric paint by Umberella's uncannily steady hand. I don't doubt she could have knitted one, but we didn't have a lot of time to prepare our costumes. The pants were a stroke of... well, good luck, I guess you could call it. We'd spent about two weeks at thrift stores looking for something when my parents dropped by with the pants as a joke anniversary present.

(My dad's an avid golfer and I used to borrow his "sporting" pants from the 60s and 70s - the ones that didn't fit him anymore- in high school just so I could make my own statement. He also let me wear his electric blue mohair jacket to high school dances and I know he groaned inwardly when I did. He'd been a fashionable Mod in his day. My sister took after him while I could never quite put my finger on the fashion pulse of my own era. For some reason, I didn't get a lot of dates.)

That's why I was happy with this one! I got to dance with Umberella and it was nice to have someone recognize our costumes for once.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games