Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:50 am
"Cousins," Cybil mused. "Yes, that might work. Of course, unless they trashed it or burned it or sold it. But that still gives us a place to start."

She tapped at her computer. "At least on the father's side, we'll have the same last name. Is there any kind of family tree that we could track, do you think, or would her family not have been interesting enough for that?"

Then she shot Miranda a grin when she mentioned males. "Maybe, but I'll keep it open. Mostly because Abigail's things wouldn't have been much - clothes, probably. A few little things, her journal. Not much money in that, and money and land was what boys were mostly getting over girls. It's a good idea for if we have to narrow it down, but we'll keep the ladies in there too for now, I think."

Since Mark wasn't much in the research department, he kept quiet and finished his bowl. "What do I do?" he asked when he was done.

Cybil glanced over her shoulder. "You and Miranda can start looking through the friend's journal to see if there's anything that was missed the first time. The boring computer stuff really only takes one person."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 pm
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

"Probably a family tree somewhere. All the family trees I've ever seen from places date back to then." Miranda said with a shrug. "It's one thing to look for." She sighed quietly, watching Cybil get to work.

She sat back in her chair, opening the book and moving it so her and Mark could both see it. "What should we look for first?" She murmured, flipping the pages idly. She'd skimmed the book back and forth several times, though she hadn't done an in-depth reading.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie washed the dishes, as her aunt had cooked. She slumped down on the couch and picked up the book who's owner they may have been related to.
She slipped out the flattened letter from where she had tucked it behind the cover and shut to the book to lay it against her knees and use it as a table.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:17 pm
Mark sat beside her and looked over her shoulder at the document. "Other names," he said firmly, rubbing his hands together idly - they felt unusually cold. "Any other names. Then we can track them all down, if we have to." He shrugged, a little embarrassed, at Cybil's horrified stare. "Well, we might have to."

The blonde sighed. "Yeah, I guess we might. Please don't make me do all the searching. You know it's not really my thing after about the third day."

Laughing, Mark shook his head. "I'll take my turns, too. Go climb Abigail's family tree, Cyb. We'll find you some more work to do here."

With an audible moan, Cybil turned her attention to her computer, and began resignedly clicking away.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:07 pm
User Image

"Alright." Miranda glanced at Mark, then back to the book. "I'm just going to skim then. Let me know if I'm flipping pages too fast. Do we have paper to write these names on?" She asked absently as she began scanning the book, turning the pages slowly.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 am
((OOC: Silent is so laaaaaaazy...
Will post in Siren after my class. Right now, I must go get food.))

Mark jumped up like he'd been shot. "Right, yeah, okay, going!" He darted across the room to where Cybil was typing, expertly opened up the printer, selected some paper and closed it again. Then he grabbed a pen and went trotting back. "Now we do."

He flopped down beside her and waited, the pen poised.

"You should tell me any names that you see, and I'll write them down. You might have to spell them, though," he said shamefacedly. "I'm not too good at that."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:44 pm
(Was thinking about making a letter, but I need to read back a bit before hand. I think we had a plan I have in a PM somewhere.)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:19 am
User Image

Miranda looked up as Mark rushed off. She didn't think she'd been demanding, had she? Shrugging it off, she turned back to the journal. "Hm. Alright. Looks like there's a few names here. She wanted any and every name right?" She asked, then continued on without waiting for an answer. "She mentions her father, Jacob. And I think Marianne here is her mother........That's M-A-R-I-A-N-N-E." She spelled it out slowly as she continued to flip through the journal. She gave him several more names, spelling them out if she thought he might need it.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 pm
((OOC: Reading break in two days FTW!!!!))

Mark came bouncing back, a wide smile on his face. "Kay," he replied, flopping back down beside her. While she gave names, he wrote them down in an illegible, shaky scrawl. They finished the book after a couple of hours, and he trailed his finger down the list of names. "Huh. Looks like it's going to be a while," he said. "There's got to be at least thirty names here. Cyb? How's it going?"

"Kill me now," Cybil replied. "I've gotten up about four branches, and I'm about ready to shoot something. In the face. I need a break."

"I'll take over," Mark offered.

"No," she said firmly. "This is really just busywork. We're putting it off. What we need to do is try for the vision again." She looked at Miranda. "Are you okay with that, or do you need a little more time?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm
User Image

((Yay!!))

Miranda worked happily for awhile, reading out the names. When they finished, she leaned back in her chair. She sighed and looked at Cybil seriously. "Let's do this. No sense wasting time. I need something to focus with though. I broke my crystal, remember? A sheet of crystal is best but glass, mirrors, or water will do too." She paused, then added, "Water loses the vision if disturbed so I don't think that would be good for this exercise."

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:43 pm
((OOC: So excited to go home. I can't believe it. Until just now, I thought I didn't care if I went or not, but I am SO glad I decided to.))

Cybil nodded slowly and got to her feet. "I think I have a hand mirror. Somewhere. Let me go check. In the meantime, start trying to remember exactly what we were focusing on and what you saw." She walked into the tiny adjoining bathroom and soon there were sounds of crashing and rustling.

Mark sighed. "Kay. That's gonna take a while. Let's do this."

He sat cross-legged on the bed, and began to think back. Though he looked a little pale, and a lot nervous, he remained steady. And for the first time since he'd walked into Cybil's apartment, he wasn't shaking.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:02 am
User Image

((*huggles* I'm glad your so happy. Guess what though? I start my collage courses in July. I finally managed to get in.))

Miranda sighed and nodded. "Thanks." She murmured, though she didn't sound too thankful. Honestly, she was worried about the Dark Ones interfering again. But they couldn't do it so many times in a row could they? Sure Cybil, Mark, and herself could do this at least once without interference.

She straightened her shoulders and moved to sit across from Mark on the bed. She couldn't be a baby about this. "Alright. Remember what we're looking for? Abigail, working at her desk. And, whatever that second one you had was. Never did actually see it. But I think replicating this again, as best as possible, is our best chance for getting results."

She took a deep breath, letting her mind drift and clear. She dropped into the meditative state she needed in order to see anything.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:15 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie spread the letter across, the book with one long fingered hand. Abigail seemed a very morose person at first glance. Like she had a large burden to carry, though she seemed very interested in her friends life. She seemed to genuinely care as to whether or not Sophia was happy, as if her life served as a pleasant distraction from the reality that was Europe in wartime.
The contents of the letter were mostly general niceties and chatter about Sophia's newborn daughter, and displayed phrases exhibiting relief and sadness regarding the family's move.

"Though I'm very honored to have the little one as my namesake. You know well that I don't forsee any children in my own future, and the gift you have given me in this simple gesture is more than generous. I only hope I can serve as godmother to the extent the little one deserves."

The writing was cramped and small, but nothing Elodie had trouble with. She'd dealt with far worse, and at least the calligraphy was nice. You didn't really see that so often anymore. It reminded Elodie of a few of her elderly friends on the Long Term Care wards. Able to talk forever, and forever filling in crosswords.

(Lol not to generalize about the old ladies ^.^ on the floor.)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 pm
((OOC: I live! Yay! Also, yay for you! Where are you going?))

Cybil crossed the room casually, carrying a small hand mirror. Without a word, she slipped the mirror between Miranda's hands, and walked away to the computer. She had to give them a few minutes to settle themselves into the rhythm before she went ahead with her little part of things.

Mark sat crosslegged across from Miranda. He nodded at her words. "Yeah, I remember," he said, not mentioning that he also remembered the rest of it. The voice whispering to him to shove the second one at Miranda before she was ready, possibly causing her harm.

Instead, he shifted his seat so that he was more comfortable. "Ready when you are," he murmured.

And when she dropped into the meditation, Mark closed his eyes and went along. It didn't take long before the photographs seemed to whirl around him. Trying to be calm, he passed Miranda the one he recognized, and began to hunt for the next one.

Cybil stood at the desk, watching.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games