Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Boneyard
The War for Estra ((Open/Acc)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idear?
  Yah
  Nue
  ...Lolwut?
View Results

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 pm
Der Reisende nodded politely. "Well, this quaint little tavern down the street has plenty of good things to drink! Well, they did last night...I must admit that the evening was quite a blur," he said with a jovial shrug. "Well, I'll let you get settled in before I or my friend here berate you with questions."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm
Nydo's army arrived at the outskirts of the Kingdom town ready to attack. "I am going to surround this town in a dark barrier so none of the pitiful peasants can escape and it will hold for about ten minutes so have your fun with them." Nydo said as he summoned he dark powers then stretched out his hands and the dark barrier quickly surrounded the town. Nydo then took out his twin daggers then said "Charge in there, kill all the pathetic peasants and guards!"

Chron grinned at Reis' comment as he remembered how he was last night and couldn't help but think how bad he would be if he got drunk. He would have been making people float and maybe even flung them all over the place, he then shook the thought out of his mind and thought of the questions he was going to ask the king.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 pm
Resa, despite her boredom, didn't rush in with the rest of Nydo's army. She preferred to walk instead. By the time she entered the town, chaos was already taking place. A twinge of sympathy made her sigh sadly when some poor man was tossed headfirst out of a window. Another sight she saw was a woman trying to escape from the town, and upon finding the barrier there, slid down and sobbed uncontrollably. Resa suddenly found she didn't have to heart to hurt her, so she ended her life quickly with a stab to the heart from her sword, the death sigh echoing hers from a moment before.

"Oh dear," King Bariel chortled, leading the way to the bright lit building. "Well, I'm sure that something's still around in there. Tavern ale has always been my favorite. But judging by your tone, I doubt there's much left in the cellar."

Reign was amazed at the atmosphere in the tavern. He was so used to either blatant rowdiness or a somber air. Eli flew back outside when he entered the place, preferring the night air to the outside. Sitting down at a table by the door, he heard Bariel say something about getting drinks, though he was more interested in listening to the conversation like he'd done in the mess hall.

Bariel made sure that the tavern keeper took the money he offered for the drinks he'd bought, who absolutely refused to take it until he threatened lightheartedly he'd get the place shut down. They shared a laugh and he weaved his way through the crow, plopping down very un-king-like into a chair and setting the glasses down. "Now then," he said after a few satisfying sips. "What's on your minds?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm
Chron turned his eyes toward Reis and urged him to ask his questions first saying "Go on, I can wait."

Nydo gave a hysterical laugh as he used his power of darkness to drain the life force from a group of guards. He then thought that if things should come to worst with the strangers from another diminsion that Resa fought, then he could probably use this move to drain them of their power. He then continued slaughtering more guards and peasants using his favorite twin daggers.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 pm
"Well, first of all...I'd like to know how much you all know of other worlds. I mean, I'd like to know where here is, if you're able to tell me. I'm an outsider to this place, and I must confess that I'm not entirely sure how I got here. Also, what seems to be the trouble here? This country doesn't act like it's at war, but there are enemies beating down your gates. So, is this the first instance of such an attack? And do you need help? I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but that's all the ale will allow me to remember at present," Reis said in one breath, exhaling in an exaggerated manner and waving over the nearest barmaid for another round.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 pm
Wandering the streets of the town, Resa began to explore it, even though it was in the midst of battle. Battle, she gave a short, tired laugh, More like a massacre. The townsfolk posed no resistance at all to the rampaging Urel. She herself didn't slaughter the confused people, she only killed them when they attacked her first. That was how most of the town's defense was taken down.

King Bariel nodded understandingly and took another sip. staring down at the ale in his glass. "I'll start from the beginning then. This world, it's called Estra. A world of wonders and magic. For generations, ever since we discovered the uses of it, we've been controlling magic to create portals to other worlds, at first as an experiment, and now as a fascination. All sorts of worlds. Some have giant metal buildings and odd devices, and others are filled with the undead, or demons. We don't always understand them, either. Travelers come often through the portals as well, finding Estra as we found their home worlds, and sometimes they find a new world to go to, or they stay here. Estra is...like a bazaar, really." He chuckled, drumming his fingers lightly on the table top. "No, we are not at war. There's been no open attacks as of yet that I know of. We, the Kingdom, have been having trouble with a group known as the Urel, however, and it may be likely that war will start very soon. Although the main problem now, first and foremost, is that the magical weave surrounding Estra and perhaps all other planes of existence has been changed...Tampered with. Strangers from far lands have been appearing at random, like Reign here--" Bariel glanced at the falconer, who was listening intently "--and the Kingdom's mages aren't able to create ways home for them, or even fully access the weave. Sure, basic magic isn't affected, but all "outerworld-travel" has been severely restricted. I'm afraid that the Urel are behind this, but there's no supporting evidence."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 pm
Nydo stood on top of the town's clock tower and had a glimmering look on his face as he looked at all the burning house and the corpses of peasants and guards. As he saw that all were killed except three guards fighting some trolls Nydo quickly appeared befroe them and ordered the trolls to stop. With a confused look on their face Nydo killed two of them by throwing his daggers into their heads. He then looked at the other one and said "I will spare you if you can do this one thing for me." The guard nodded in acknowledgment and Nydo said "Go tell the king that his rule is coming to an end and also the entire human race. So go now and be quick about it!" With that the guard fled rather quickly, then Nydo turned to all his soldiers and said "Alright you brutes I guess you can celebrate cause tonight we have claimed this town in the name of the Urel!"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm
Der Reisende nodded thoughtfully. "So, no way to leave, eh? About what I figured. Well, is there anything we can do to help you? About this Urel problem, I mean," he said, absentmindedly drumming on the table as well. "I'm in dire need of having my powers restored, and I'd like to earn that favor, if I could."  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 am
Chron pushed he way in the conversation saying "That is the way I feel too, even if there is a way for me to go back now. I feel like faith has brought me here to settle the matters that have arisen here."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm
Resa pushed her way through the cheering crowd surrounding Nydo to stand beside him. "So, what now?" She asked, glancing up at the dark elf. "One town out of the whole Kingdom is ours now, and you've openly declared war on the king." She circled slowly around him, her arms clasped together loosely behind her back. "What's next on the list of conquest?"

"Fate or not, help would be appreciated if things take a turn for the worse." King Bariel smiled. "Though I sincerely hope we find the source of this disruption before they do. Until then, let me welcome you to Estra."

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm
Chron bowed his head and said "Thanks your majesty. If you don't mind me asking do you know where the Urel stronghold is?"

Nydo knelled down to where his mouth meet Resa's ear due to the loudness of the crowd and said "Well just like this town there is a Kingdom fort at the base of our mountains west of the castle. After we get this Urel town settled we will head out and conquer that fort. Also with that fort conquered it will make a straight path the the Kingdom castle where that old lump is waiting for us."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:33 pm
"Well met, good King!" Reis said heartily. "Shall we now go to the source of the most recent trouble?"  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 am
Resa nodded, satisfied. But she glanced from the side to side with only her eyes at the crowd. "It might not be as straight a path as you think, Nydo." She said under her breath, but loud enough for him to still hear it. When she was certain he was listening, she continued. "The king is a man not to be sitting on his throne like so many other rulers. Sweets and pleasures do not define the the majority of humans, or other races, on this world. And the small group of strangers I met in battle with not long ago seemed pretty strong."

"If the Urel have a stronghold, then I don't know of it." King Bariel sighed, rubbing his eyes, suddenly feeling tired. "Recent trouble? Has something happened?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm
"I suppose no one would have filled you in, then," Reis said sadly. He then gave a brief recount of what has happened at that fort earlier in the week, prior to the King's arrival. He described himself, Strider, and Chron as in the right place at the right time, and described the foes they had faced. He went in to detail regarding Resa, and asked if the description sounded familiar.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 pm
"I...I see." King Bariel looked down at his hands laying flat on the table, studying the wood grain intensely. "Those poor soldiers." He said after a long time, bowing his head in reverence. "I'm sorry. As much as it would help, I've never seen this girl, let alone heard of her. Reign, have you seen anyone like that?"

"The first place I found," Reign said, speaking up. "I think I saw someone like this Resa described. She didn't look dangerous at all, she was just helping some people around the town. If she's part of the Urel, then why would she be nice to the people there?"  
Role-Playing--Boneyard

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games