Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
☆ Custom Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 am
Dcme
Yo-ko
Dcme

Character: Apollo Hyuuga
Link to profile: Here

Weapon Name: Supaidohitonmi [ Lit Spider Bite]
Weapon Type: Katana

Weapon Height: 5'5"
Weapon Weight: 3.17 Lbs

Description: Apparently created from a witch who wished to get back at her lover for his deceit, Supaidohitonmi is a blade said to curse anyone who wields it. Passed through generation upon generation of swordsmen through Rice Country, it seems to kill off every single one of it's wielders over time and through uncanny incidents. It's appearance is a all black katana, with a small shingle hanging from the hilt looking like a spider's webs. Adorning the bladed edge is a defined bunch of marks, each having appeared after yet another victim fell to it's supposed curse. While holding a extremely vile aura, Apollo wields it openly without a care in the world, knowing of it's curse and the tales heard. It mattered not to him in the slightest and, even with it's lineage beforehand, Supaidohitonmi seems to have accepted Apollo as it's master, at least for the time being. With some experimentation, he's customized it to better control the venomous chakra it emits whenever held by a source. It's said to be cut by it's edge instantly kills, but this is rumor. Being a cursed blade, Supaidohitonmi has a sentient mind and can speak through whomever is wielding it.

Ability Summary:
• Supaidohitonmi requires [15] Chakra to Activate and [10] every [3] Posts thereafter to use it's effects.

• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Apollo can switch between the effects of the poison for [10] Chakra.
5 feet and 3 pounds? that's a little strange....

{• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]}

this is if the person is cut with the weapon correct? Also, limit it only to genjutsu, or only a chakra based structure. you do not get both.

{• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Apollo can switch between the effects of the poison for [10] Chakra.}

the blade may only remember 2 poisons at any time, requiring 20 chakra to activate said poison, and 10 chakra and 1 post to switch between the poisons. It takes 20 chakra and 1 post to "forget a poison" and 20 chakra and 2 posts for the poison to be "consumed" by the blade

H'okay H'okay. Hol' on now.

Point [1]: > o > See, I have a problem with being limited to only one. Haruhi has a custom weapon that cuts through Ninjutsu AND Genjutsu just like this, and I'm paying the equivalent to the technique to do so, at a higher cost than she is. Not only does she cut through, she creates a backlash to the opponent at the same time. . all I do is disrupt things. I'm confused as to why I can't do both. And, it'd merely disrupt the chakra while being active. That is the only thing this weapon even does besides me applying my own created poison to it.

Point [2]:: Can I swing it to [3]? And I already pay [15] chakra plus 10 more chakra to keep this thing going. Why do I have to pay even more just to swap poisons of memory? And, I have to PAY for the weapon to forget any poisons available that I used?

From what you just told me, I have to pay 20 on top of the activation cost, which is already 15 + 10 every 3 posts. 10 to swap between poisons. 20 to forget a poison it has consumed and 20 more chakra to along with waiting for consumption for 2 posts after. That's 85 chakra for me to use a basic ability effectively in combat if I chose to, compared to other custom weapons using their abilities right off the bat without this mass cost to the user and then, I have to make my own poisons already. Isn't that a bit much?

hahaha...I didn't see the first bullet.

{• Supaidohitonmi requires [15] Chakra to Activate and [10] every [3] Posts thereafter to use it's effects.}

to be honest, we can just eliminate the 10 cost every 3 posts. one, it requires you to keep track of it and makes it a mess when it comes to judging usage. I would be more comfortable if we keep it with the way I asked to edit.

{Point [2]:: Can I swing it to [3]? And I already pay [15] chakra plus 10 more chakra to keep this thing going. Why do I have to pay even more just to swap poisons of memory? And, I have to PAY for the weapon to forget any poisons available that I used? }

I would be more comfortable if we keep it at 2, which is the same amount as my custom weapon. The paying for you to forget a poison is so you cant just instantaneously say "oh, I am switching out my poisons." This way there is a cost, method, and system for gaining, having, and losing the needed "ambiguous" increases to the weapon.

[{• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]}

this is if the person is cut with the weapon correct? Also, limit it only to genjutsu, or only a chakra based structure. you do not get both. ]

In order for the genjutsu to be affected, then you will have to strike someone with the blade in order for it to work. Ninjutsu.....I can assume will work in the same manner as "mystic hero" so long as the chakra sot is there. I would feel more comfortable if we add in 20 chakra, as to not have a custom weapon be the equivalent and up graded version of the one the disciplines.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm
Yo-ko
Dcme
Yo-ko
Dcme

Description: Apparently created from a witch who wished to get back at her lover for his deceit, Supaidohitonmi is a blade said to curse anyone who wields it. Passed through generation upon generation of swordsmen through Rice Country, it seems to kill off every single one of it's wielders over time and through uncanny incidents. It's appearance is a all black katana, with a small shingle hanging from the hilt looking like a spider's webs. Adorning the bladed edge is a defined bunch of marks, each having appeared after yet another victim fell to it's supposed curse. While holding a extremely vile aura, Apollo wields it openly without a care in the world, knowing of it's curse and the tales heard. It mattered not to him in the slightest and, even with it's lineage beforehand, Supaidohitonmi seems to have accepted Apollo as it's master, at least for the time being. With some experimentation, he's customized it to better control the venomous chakra it emits whenever held by a source. It's said to be cut by it's edge instantly kills, but this is rumor. Being a cursed blade, Supaidohitonmi has a sentient mind and can speak through whomever is wielding it.

Ability Summary:
• Supaidohitonmi requires [15] Chakra to Activate and [10] every [3] Posts thereafter to use it's effects.

• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Apollo can switch between the effects of the poison for [10] Chakra.

{• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]}

this is if the person is cut with the weapon correct? Also, limit it only to genjutsu, or only a chakra based structure. you do not get both.

{• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Apollo can switch between the effects of the poison for [10] Chakra.}

the blade may only remember 2 poisons at any time, requiring 20 chakra to activate said poison, and 10 chakra and 1 post to switch between the poisons. It takes 20 chakra and 1 post to "forget a poison" and 20 chakra and 2 posts for the poison to be "consumed" by the blade

Point [1]: > o > See, I have a problem with being limited to only one. Haruhi has a custom weapon that cuts through Ninjutsu AND Genjutsu just like this, and I'm paying the equivalent to the technique to do so, at a higher cost than she is. Not only does she cut through, she creates a backlash to the opponent at the same time. . all I do is disrupt things. I'm confused as to why I can't do both. And, it'd merely disrupt the chakra while being active. That is the only thing this weapon even does besides me applying my own created poison to it.

Point [2]:: Can I swing it to [3]? And I already pay [15] chakra plus 10 more chakra to keep this thing going. Why do I have to pay even more just to swap poisons of memory? And, I have to PAY for the weapon to forget any poisons available that I used?

From what you just told me, I have to pay 20 on top of the activation cost, which is already 15 + 10 every 3 posts. 10 to swap between poisons. 20 to forget a poison it has consumed and 20 more chakra to along with waiting for consumption for 2 posts after. That's 85 chakra for me to use a basic ability effectively in combat if I chose to, compared to other custom weapons using their abilities right off the bat without this mass cost to the user and then, I have to make my own poisons already. Isn't that a bit much?

{• Supaidohitonmi requires [15] Chakra to Activate and [10] every [3] Posts thereafter to use it's effects.}

to be honest, we can just eliminate the 10 cost every 3 posts. one, it requires you to keep track of it and makes it a mess when it comes to judging usage. I would be more comfortable if we keep it with the way I asked to edit.

{Point [2]:: Can I swing it to [3]? And I already pay [15] chakra plus 10 more chakra to keep this thing going. Why do I have to pay even more just to swap poisons of memory? And, I have to PAY for the weapon to forget any poisons available that I used? }

I would be more comfortable if we keep it at 2, which is the same amount as my custom weapon. The paying for you to forget a poison is so you cant just instantaneously say "oh, I am switching out my poisons." This way there is a cost, method, and system for gaining, having, and losing the needed "ambiguous" increases to the weapon.

[{• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, nulling while active [Apollo having to pay a chakra cost equaling the cost of the Genjutsu // Structure.]}

this is if the person is cut with the weapon correct? Also, limit it only to genjutsu, or only a chakra based structure. you do not get both. ]

In order for the genjutsu to be affected, then you will have to strike someone with the blade in order for it to work. Ninjutsu.....I can assume will work in the same manner as "mystic hero" so long as the chakra sot is there. I would feel more comfortable if we add in 20 chakra, as to not have a custom weapon be the equivalent and up graded version of the one the disciplines.

1. Alright, coo'. So, toss off the 3 every post thing. Then, it's 15 to activate, 20 to swap between the two active poisons in the blade. 20 to forget a poison and 20 to add one? I can dig that.

Quote:
• Can literally cut through genjutsu illusions by focusing chakra into the blade equal to the genjustu, an improve 'kai' technique so to speak. Can also create a backlash where the caster of said genjutsu feels a sharp pain in their head, as if a sharp blade pierced their skull.

• Can cut through ninjutsu by focusing chakra of the same amount as the attack into the blade. Depending on the type of jutsu and rank needed to cut through, more or less chakra will be needed.

2. ^ Her weapon cuts through genjutsu; not the person AND ninjutsu, effectively. I'm going off of what was approved, since this is okay apparently. I'm not okay with having to touch someone when another can swipe their sword and, cause a mental straining backlash and THEN slice through the effects of another jutsu, for no initial cost besides the jutsu cost. My blade works the exact same way, so why am I subject to only one thing AND having to pay a extra 20 chakra to do what this person can do, at a base level?  

Deecee Sama

Adorable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm
Dcme
Yo-ko
Dcme
Yo-ko
Dcme

Ability Summary:

1. Alright, coo'. So, toss off the 3 every post thing. Then, it's 15 to activate, 20 to swap between the two active poisons in the blade. 20 to forget a poison and 20 to add one? I can dig that.

Quote:
• Can literally cut through genjutsu illusions by focusing chakra into the blade equal to the genjustu, an improve 'kai' technique so to speak. Can also create a backlash where the caster of said genjutsu feels a sharp pain in their head, as if a sharp blade pierced their skull.

• Can cut through ninjutsu by focusing chakra of the same amount as the attack into the blade. Depending on the type of jutsu and rank needed to cut through, more or less chakra will be needed.

2. ^ Her weapon cuts through genjutsu; not the person AND ninjutsu, effectively. I'm going off of what was approved, since this is okay apparently. I'm not okay with having to touch someone when another can swipe their sword and, cause a mental straining backlash and THEN slice through the effects of another jutsu, for no initial cost besides the jutsu cost. My blade works the exact same way, so why am I subject to only one thing AND having to pay a extra 20 chakra to do what this person can do, at a base level?

That approval was done by Shin, and not by me or a member of my approval team. as such that weapons approval has no bearing, grounds, nor influence on this approval. That weapon/character I am quite sure is even still active, and at the same time has not caused a rucus nor an issue that has caused it to come to my attention (as such, I ahd no idea it existed). when a ruling is needed via rp, then I will happily look over THAT weapon to insure its fairness in the game. I cannot go through and analyze every single bad approval that happened in the past, as that would take away all of my time. I can only take what comes at me.

giving that statement, my original thoughts stand on the matter. this weapon is already capable of a lot as is  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Ability Summary:
• Supaidohitonmi requires [15] Chakra to Activate.

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Can recall [3] types of poison and takes [20] chakra to consume, forget, and swap between either. Only one poison can be active at a time.

Yo-Ko
Alright. I think I covered everything.

Deecee Sama

Adorable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm
Dcme

Ability Summary:

• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, when coming in contact with either; costing the same amount +20 extra chakra to disperse.

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Can recall [2] types of poison and takes [20] chakra to consume, forget, and swap between either.

Yo-Ko

• It emits a "Venomous" Chakra which holds a high amount of poison coming off the blade edge. This completely disrupts chakra based structures and Genjutsu alike, when coming in contact with either; costing the same amount +20 extra chakra to disperse.

per discussion with my advisor, this has been denied.

to help you in your quest for a weapon, your weapon may consume 3 poisons, with only a single poison being active at a time.

please edit and resubmit  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm
Have yet to be approved. Altered the midnight wake for review, and edited other features for approval.

Character: Kazurai Saito
Link to profile: [Link]

Weapon Name: Twin Kirin Fangs
Weapon Type: Short Swords

Weapon Height: 26 in.
Weapon Weight: Each 3lbs (6 Total lbs)
Description: Twin swords that Kazurai had designed out of chakra steel to help extend the limitation of his own raiton jutsu. Costing an additional 25% to the jutsu cost of what he does he can launch the attack from the blade itself. Small etched designs of a Kirin like beast near the hilt of the weapon. The slits in the blade allow him to perform jutsu through the weapon in a swinging motion (Customs made for the sword only) Using no sheath just a powerful magnet placed on the center of his back providing them to have a strong connection to his back during combat. Rarely using the swords to actually fight.

User Image

Ability Summary:
• Can launch custom jutsu from the notches in the blade.
• Double edged blades for easy offensive use.
• Easier to pulse raiton chakra through then ordinary weapons.

Weapon Name: Midnight Wake

Weapon Height: 38 in. (sword) 36 in. (Chain) 74 in. (extended from tip of sword to end of chain.)
Weapon Weight: 7.0 lbs
Description: This katana was made from chakra steel and shaped slightly like a wave in the blade towards the end tip. Has a mildly short chain coming from the hilt of the sword, allowing the user to hold the chain and swing the sword for attacking. Costing 20 chakra to perform the swords special ability, when swinging the blade it can gather up the moisture in the air causing a slicing ark of water to project off of the edge of the blade, causing a razor sharp thin stream of water to ark towards whatever is attacked. Up to 15 meter range for ability. The sheath also made of the same material as the blade.

User Image

Ability Summary:
• Can launch a thin stream of water from the blade in an ark shape wave. Strong enough to cut through a thick tree but not able to get through stone, would leave mild cuts in rock.
• Sheath also made of metal to better defend from attacks. Or act as a conductor
• Black Blade to support the ranton style of lightning.
• Chain attached to hilt to better use against distanced fighters.

(Edited to specifications and additions made)

Kazuraii

Romantic Raider

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 pm
Kazuraii
Have yet to be approved. Altered the midnight wake for review, and edited other features for approval.

Weapon Name: Twin Kirin Fangs
Weapon Type: Short Swords

Weapon Height: 26 in.
Weapon Weight: Each 3lbs (6 Total lbs)
Description: Twin swords that Kazurai had designed out of chakra steel to help extend the limitation of his own raiton jutsu. Costing an additional 25% to the jutsu cost of what he does he can launch the attack from the blade itself. Small etched designs of a Kirin like beast near the hilt of the weapon. The slits in the blade allow him to perform jutsu through the weapon in a swinging motion (Customs made for the sword only) Using no sheath just a powerful magnet placed on the center of his back providing them to have a strong connection to his back during combat. Rarely using the swords to actually fight.

User Image

Ability Summary:
• Can launch custom jutsu from the notches in the blade.
• Double edged blades for easy offensive use.
• Easier to pulse raiton chakra through then ordinary weapons.

Weapon Name: Midnight Wake

Weapon Height: 38 in. (sword) 36 in. (Chain) 74 in. (extended from tip of sword to end of chain.)
Weapon Weight: 7.0 lbs
Description: This katana was made from chakra steel and shaped slightly like a wave in the blade towards the end tip. Has a mildly short chain coming from the hilt of the sword, allowing the user to hold the chain and swing the sword for attacking. Costing 20 chakra to perform the swords special ability, when swinging the blade it can gather up the moisture in the air causing a slicing ark of water to project off of the edge of the blade, causing a razor sharp thin stream of water to ark towards whatever is attacked. Up to 15 meter range for ability. The sheath also made of the same material as the blade.

User Image

Ability Summary:
• Can launch a thin stream of water from the blade in an ark shape wave. Strong enough to cut through a thick tree but not able to get through stone, would leave mild cuts in rock.
• Sheath also made of metal to better defend from attacks. Or act as a conductor
• Black Blade to support the ranton style of lightning.
• Chain attached to hilt to better use against distanced fighters.

(Edited to specifications and additions made)
dont see why not. just note that for your first weapon it can only be custom jutsu

approved  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:23 pm
Agreed, basically I had planed to make a custom jutsu amounting to an S rank jutsu, just wanted to wait a little bit till I'm close to Jounin. That is what was going to fuel it. For now its just being used to charge with the electric current jutsu. =), and thank you.  

Kazuraii

Romantic Raider

Toryu Naminosaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am

Character: Artemis Sandetsetsu
Link to profile: X

Weapon Name: None
Weapon Type: Bow ( Compound )

Weapon Height: 4.5 feet span
Weapon Weight: 4 pounds

Description: Artemis made this bow purely for assassination purposes. It works on a pulley system, the pulleys rotating around on their axis when the string is drawn. The pressure is about the same as her normal bow but the pulleys specifically amplify the draw weight when released. The two pulleys together increase the power of the bow by a multiple of four when fired. This makes for a very powerful weapon capable of delivering lethal blows from a long range away ( as long as their in the subforum and the user has a conceivable line of fire directly to their target a shot is possible. Travel duration will be one post per thread the arrow passes in the line of threads to the intended target. Example the gates are 3 thread locations away from an office, therefore it will take three posts for the arrow to get to its target. If its target is in the same thread, it will be normal projectile time.) This bow breaks
down into three parts for carrying purposes and is not generally put together unless the user is preparing to make a shot. It is carried in its own case that slips over the players back for transport and sits diagonally across the entire back. The addition of sound suppressing tassels have been added to the string so the user will not alert nearby players.

Accessories made for bow:
• telescopic sight for longer range target acquisition ( 2 settings 1x and 4x )
• Soft rubber anti-vibration pieces along the string to minimize noise during a shot.
• Maintenance tools for maintaining her bow after battles.
• Leather wrist and arm guard to protect from the high impact of the string. Just in case.

Ability Summary:
• Massively improved range and power ( multiplies the draw weight by 4 )
• String is whisper silent do to modifications to the system.

Advantages
• The function of the cam systems (known as the 'eccentrics') is to maximize the energy storage throughout the draw cycle and provide let-off at the end of the cycle (less holding weight at full draw). A traditional recurve bow has a very linear draw weight curve - meaning that as the bow is drawn back, the draw force becomes heavier with each inch of draw (and most difficult at full draw). Therefore, little energy is stored in the first half of the draw, and much more energy at the end where the draw weight is heaviest. The compound bow operates with a different weight profile, reaching its peak weight within the first few inches of the draw, and remaining more flat and constant until the end of the cycle where the cams "let-off" and allow a reduced holding weight. This manipulation of the peak weight throughout the draw (accomplished by the elliptical shape of the cams that change leverage and mechanical advantage) is why compound bows store more energy and shoot faster than an equivalent peak weight recurve bow or longbow.

• The design of the cams directly controls the acceleration of the arrow. What is termed a "soft cam" will accelerate the arrow more gently than a "harder" cam. Novice archers will typically shoot a soft cam whereas a more advanced archer may choose to use a harder cam to gain speed. Bows can be had with a variety of cams, in a full spectrum from soft to hard.

• Some pulley systems use a single cam at the bottom of the bow and a balanced wheel at the top of the bow instead of two identical cams. This design eliminates the need for buss cables and instead uses a single string that begins at the cam on the bottom of the bow, travels over the wheel on top, around the bottom cam again, and ends attaching to the top limb.
When a compound bow is drawn, the limbs are pulled in toward each other, by the buss cables, unlike a longbow or recurve where the limbs flex in the direction of the bow string. This difference allows modern compounds to have limbs that are horizontal instead of angled. The horizontal limb configuration minimizes the recoil and vibration felt by the shooter when the arrow is released.

• The bow is resistant to temperature and humidity changes, giving the bow superior accuracy, velocity, and distance in comparison to bows made of natural materials.

• The pulley system will usually include some rubber-covered blocks that act as draw-stops. These provide a solid "wall" that the archer can draw against. These draw stops can be adjusted to suit the archer's optimum draw-length, which helps the archer achieve a consistent anchor point and a consistent amount of force imparted to the arrow on every shot, further increasing accuracy.

Disadvantages
• Unlike traditional bows, replacing the string or making adjustments is not possible during combat.

• Takes multiple posts to deliver an arrow to another thread

• Takes a full post to assemble.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 am
Toryu Naminosaki

Description: Artemis made this bow purely for assassination purposes. It works on a pulley system, the pulleys rotating around on their axis when the string is drawn. The pressure is about the same as her normal bow but the pulleys specifically amplify the draw weight when released. The two pulleys together increase the power of the bow by a multiple of four when fired. This makes for a very powerful weapon capable of delivering lethal blows from a long range away ( as long as their in the subforum and the user has a conceivable line of fire directly to their target a shot is possible. Travel duration will be one post per thread the arrow passes in the line of threads to the intended target. Example the gates are 3 thread locations away from an office, therefore it will take three posts for the arrow to get to its target. If its target is in the same thread, it will be normal projectile time.) This bow breaks
down into three parts for carrying purposes and is not generally put together unless the user is preparing to make a shot. It is carried in its own case that slips over the players back for transport and sits diagonally across the entire back. The addition of sound suppressing tassels have been added to the string so the user will not alert nearby players.

• Soft rubber anti-vibration pieces along the string to minimize noise during a shot.
• Leather wrist and arm guard to protect from the high impact of the string. Just in case.

Ability Summary:

Advantages
• The function of the cam systems (known as the 'eccentrics') is to maximize the energy storage throughout the draw cycle and provide let-off at the end of the cycle (less holding weight at full draw). A traditional recurve bow has a very linear draw weight curve - meaning that as the bow is drawn back, the draw force becomes heavier with each inch of draw (and most difficult at full draw). Therefore, little energy is stored in the first half of the draw, and much more energy at the end where the draw weight is heaviest. The compound bow operates with a different weight profile, reaching its peak weight within the first few inches of the draw, and remaining more flat and constant until the end of the cycle where the cams "let-off" and allow a reduced holding weight. This manipulation of the peak weight throughout the draw (accomplished by the elliptical shape of the cams that change leverage and mechanical advantage) is why compound bows store more energy and shoot faster than an equivalent peak weight recurve bow or longbow.

• The design of the cams directly controls the acceleration of the arrow. What is termed a "soft cam" will accelerate the arrow more gently than a "harder" cam. Novice archers will typically shoot a soft cam whereas a more advanced archer may choose to use a harder cam to gain speed. Bows can be had with a variety of cams, in a full spectrum from soft to hard.

• Some pulley systems use a single cam at the bottom of the bow and a balanced wheel at the top of the bow instead of two identical cams. This design eliminates the need for buss cables and instead uses a single string that begins at the cam on the bottom of the bow, travels over the wheel on top, around the bottom cam again, and ends attaching to the top limb.
When a compound bow is drawn, the limbs are pulled in toward each other, by the buss cables, unlike a longbow or recurve where the limbs flex in the direction of the bow string. This difference allows modern compounds to have limbs that are horizontal instead of angled. The horizontal limb configuration minimizes the recoil and vibration felt by the shooter when the arrow is released.

• The bow is resistant to temperature and humidity changes, giving the bow superior accuracy, velocity, and distance in comparison to bows made of natural materials.

• The pulley system will usually include some rubber-covered blocks that act as draw-stops. These provide a solid "wall" that the archer can draw against. These draw stops can be adjusted to suit the archer's optimum draw-length, which helps the archer achieve a consistent anchor point and a consistent amount of force imparted to the arrow on every shot, further increasing accuracy.

Disadvantages
• Unlike traditional bows, replacing the string or making adjustments is not possible during combat.

nothing too over the top. approved  

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Toryu Naminosaki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:05 am
Yo-ko
Toryu Naminosaki

Ability Summary:

Advantages

Disadvantages

nothing too over the top. approved
o.o I yelled out in celebration, now I feel self conscious  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm
Dcme

Ability Summary:

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Can recall [3] types of poison and takes [20] chakra to consume, forget, and swap between either.

Yo-Ko
add in "only a single poison may be active at a time" and your golden. add that in, repost for approval  

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am
Dcme

Ability Summary:

• Can be loaded by a Customized Poison, created from Apollo and applied before being able to be used. The blade, after, "Consuming" the poison, will then have it stored within it's memory for future use. Can recall [3] types of poison and takes [20] chakra to consume, forget, and swap between either. Only one poison can be active at a time.

Yo-Ko
approved  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Character: Satemy, Kurama

Weapon Name: Healing barrier
Weapon Type: capsules with seals on them.

Weapon Height:
Weapon Weight: 0.1 ounce

Description: When thrown or crushed the capsule releases a barrier that extends 5 meters. all with on this barrier as long as they live will be held on a sort of life support. the barrier is a simple light and can be passed without hindrance.

Ability Summary:
• does life support as if a shinobi was doing it themselves. this includes sealing wounds and restarting hearts as well as getting oxygen and such around the body.

this is one of my customs for medical jutsu that was granted at chunnin.

Yoko

lazyactor

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games