Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:10 pm
Why yes... yes of course I'm brilliant. emotion_dealwithit And -everyone- loves me, even if they hate me emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm
That's for sure! wink  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm
Finished inking this tonight. Don't know if I'll color it or not, guess it depends on if I get bored before finishing another sketch. I have decided that I do not like dame's stripe tattoos. cat_neutral I think I inked them three times cause they just didn't look right.

link  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:30 am
Those stripes definitely look like they would be a pain in the a** stare Another excellent inking job, though, especially the hair curls... which looks like it was really tedious...

One thing about the hand {and this is something I have trouble keeping in mind when drawing hands because hands are too freakin' hard to draw stressed }, when the fingers are bent, the knuckles aren't actually completely round. They're kind of like a rounded rectangle. Once you have this in mind, the next tricky part is to not put too much emphasis on it being a rectangle because, for one, then it'll look too blocky, and for two, making the hands too angular makes them look masculine... which is fine if it's a guy's hand, but might not be something you want for a woman's hand.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:50 am
i do some tattoo work... is it ok if i post it here?

i mean actually tattoo work ... skin ink... its mostly small work  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 pm
Please do! Most of us guild vets have our own threads for special projects and that's why this thread is called the "General Art" is for everyone to post their stuff. Yay tattoos!  

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm
I'm fine with it.

And actually, I titled the thread the way that I did so that I could post my WIPs, random sketching, and finished pieces somewhere when they had nothing to do with my freebie thread since some people like looking at my progress on things for some reason emotion_awesome But as I said in the original post, I'm not going to complain if others want to also use the thread for their own purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:02 pm
yeah... now i gotta dig out my scanner for the transfer work....*goes a rummaging*  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 pm
Actually, inking the curls wasn't hard. It was drawing them that was. cat_stressed There are a lot of smaller lines in that, though.

Thanks for the tip on the hand, I'll try to keep it in mind next time.

I've thought about making a thread to post my art in, but this one's already here... cat_xd Besides, it gets attention for other opinions on the work. cat_3nodding Sometimes it helps to have someone else look at it to see what's wrong with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 pm
This first one is actually a lifetime of work. See i don't have family and the gentleman i did this for has been the only one to treat me like family. He is in aa and na this is just the beginning. (this is a inner forearm tat)

you'll notice the quit date and the two triangles are for the 5 and 10 years sobriety.

this is actually a year old this year for the third year we are doing the banding around the circle..

the forth year is the dream catcher top feathers (2)

year 5 is the triangle and the first of the 5 year feathers. Every 5 years a feather tassel with appropriate bead work representing the trials of those years. This piece as named by him is the helping hand. (all the feathers fall toward the fingers)

first layer carbon transfers aa na dreamcatcher

first sitting 2nd year sobriety birthday  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:55 pm
these next two are for the same guy but they are cover ups. the pictures are from the first sittings. He's kinda a biker so he likes the rough look and wont come in for the touch ups. bout 87% of the kink stayed in the first sittings. sweatdrop

rebel flag carbon transfer

rebel flag cover up tat

rebel peace cover up tat  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm
I had high hopes for this project. It was brought to me by an acquaintance. Her friend gave me a copied pic, and asked me to spin it into both a good vs evil. I loved this project til the 3 following happened

1 she was a bleeder gonk
2 she was a suqirmer scream
3 her skin type just dosent hold ink stressed

I think i musta got kicked and F^$%#d up so many lines by the time we were done ... why? was i going to hard? did it hurt?

no cus it tickled and she rolled around every d%%% time i touched her with a needle stressed burning_eyes stressed the ink take after burning_eyes 3 burning_eyes sitting equaled about 79% she has a scheduled 4th sitting

little good little bad freehand carbon transfers

little good 3rd sitting tat

little bad 3rd sitting tat  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm
*scanner suddenly starts spitting out the paper back wards * eek *smacks it it starts feeding right but refuses to scan * stare *smacks it again and it shuts off * gonk i think its possessed ..... stare cane some one remind me never to go thrift shopping again it seems to lead to only possessed items *eyes the the scanner and other things bought over the past years* well i guess that's all i can post tonight.. ill get it to work later *wanders back to danish thread* mm danishes  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 am
this one is my favorite. I didn't draw the initial picture but i loved it so much i just had to lay the ink. .... this is my leg whee ... but surprisingly this one was easier to do myself than my tribal arm bands. (which im still working on User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. lots and lots of shading)

btw i don't remember where i found the pic so if you know where it came from let me know i want to make sure the original artist gets props

earth wolf art

earth wolf tat L leg  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff