Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]
Lore and Loyal rpg ^.^ PM Before or post will be DELETED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Jack thought for a moment. "Don't worry about his Alchemy. I'm sure with time he'll be just as good as he always was." Jack stretched a bit. "But you know, Drake. Even if we find an engineer, the rehabilitation is going to be hell on him. Not to mention the time we will need to stay here to let him heal."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm
He nodded towards Jack. "Yeah I know. I don't like it, but till he's better we're just going to have to keep look outs for any of the Order. I'll make the arrangements with the inn. So far we've been lucky though. Well considering that is." He walked along with them soon finding the shop where an arm for Locke could be made. "You know Jack, it's a good thing you two are about the same build. We can surprise Locke and when he's ready have the mechanic attach it." He looked about seeing the various machines and such about the main forge. "These are more impressive then I thought they would be for a small town."

She listened remaining quiet. She looked about the different things of the area some looked like limbs, others looked like little dolls. "So, this mechanic could fix Locke? I hope Locke won't mind this."  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm
Jack agreed with Drake. "You're right. For a small quiet town, you'd never know there was such great quality work here." He looked around at the display models. Arms that were three time the size of a normal arm, some with projectile weaponry, some with blades... and the legs on display were something else too! "Well, should we get him something with defensive capabilities? Or maybe something more basic and stronger?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 pm
"I think we should stick to simple and durable for now. He's an alchemist. Maybe that alone will help him. A stronger alloy or something would be good I think." He looked about seeing where the mechanic would be. He also made a note of Andrea by some of the things. "Hey Andrea, try not to touch anything. You either Jack, with the diversity in this room I don't want to chance something going off."

She looked about the store but knew better then to touch anything. She wanted to help but wasn't sure she should be in this store with them. It didn't feel right to her even though she knew it was to help Locke. She decided to take a seat by a window and look out instead.  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 pm
Jack agreed as he almost pressed a shiny button on a machina arm. He was like a curious cat with a new toy. "Well, from the selection here, I'd say Locke will be well taken care of. Now as for the alloy, I say reinforced steel should be the way to go. Tough enough to withstand anything! What do you think, Drake? I personally would love to see him swinging this bad bay here into a monster's face."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:47 pm
He shrugged catching Jack about to touch something but was glad he didn't. He thought on Jack's words a moment then shrugged again. "It really doesn't matter to me. It's what would Locke want? I'd imagine something functional like a normal arm would be best for now. If he wants more, then we'll worry about it." He said after a moment more. He looked to Andrea seeing her stand as if to leave the shop. "Andrea?"

She felt out of place in this shop. It was almost too strange for her. She stood soon making her way to the door. "I think I'm going to walk about town some. Don't worry I won't go to see Locke until you guys give the okay. I just. I don't feel right here. I'll stay close by though, I promise." And with that she would leave the store and look about the streets. She wasn't sure where she wanted to go, but soon spotted what she thought was a nick-nack shop across the main courtyard. Looking in she browsed the different things and found one thing she thought was odd. A pendant with odd markings. She picked it up seeing a little waver of light. "Excuse me, what is this symbol?" She looked to the older man that seemed to run the shop as he came over taking the pendant from her.

"This, I believe is an Alchemy charm. We don't see too many of them anymore. Alchemists are a dieing breed these days."

She looked to the pendant again and nodded with a light smile. "I'll take it." She said she looked over the price but didn't care, she had enough. She smiled more taking the bag and thanking the shop keep and heading from the store. She soon found a shaded bench and opened the small bag seeing the charm. She hoped Locke would like it, more so be cheered up by it. She couldn't wait to see him again to show him what she found.  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:15 pm
Jack reluctantly agreed. He went to find the shopkeeper. "Hello? Anyone run this place?"

A somewhat tall and young woman came out from the back of the store. "Huh? A customer? Yes! How can I help you?"

Jack was a little wary. "Um, I take it there's not a whole lot of people who come in here?" He took off his cloak and gave it to Drake. "We have a request for a friend. He's recently lost his right arm from here," he pointed to his arm, "and we want to get him back to full fighting form. He's about my build, so we were hoping you could take your measurements from me?"

The woman took out a string from her pocket, and went over to Jack, taking his measurements. "Well, I'll need some info. How did he lose the arm, and how long has it been separated from his body? And I hope you know, that my work is not cheap, and is very lengthy. And the rehabilitation alone can take months!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:29 pm
He looked to the girl as she started the measurements of Jack. "Well, let's start with your base price and work from there. I'm more then likely the one paying for this, so I don't particularly want to be swindled." He said calmly. He looked about the shop and back towards the girl. "Now, that being said don't get me wrong, You have impressive work about this shop, and I'll pay what you're worth and maybe more in case we need your services again." He studied her a moment more closely then let her be with Jack. "And don't let him fool you, we want a functional arm for the most part. Strong and durable yet close enough to the real thing if possible. His arm was taken the night before. It should be a clean cut. It's healing still. We can probably get him here by morning for a better fitted scale." He looked outside seeing Andrea sitting on a bench in the courtyard. At least she was keeping her word.  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 pm
Jack giggled slightly as the woman made her measurements with her string. "That tickles, Miss..."

"You can just call me Sam. And it wouldn't tickle so much if you'd stop flexing your muscles."

Jack's arm, along with his ego, deflated. So much for looking heroic for her. And she was so cute. "Do you know if this arm could hold up against, say... a horde of angry demons?"

"What!? Why would you want to be wrecking my work so recklessly!?" Sam took a nearby wrench almost out of nowhere, and hit Jack upside the head with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:22 pm
He turned quickly hearing a thud and noted the girl hit Jack. "It's a figure of speech. Portals have been popping up more lately, he's just concerned for his friend. None of us want to see him loose an arm again, not even a mecha one." He said trying to disolve the situation. He stopped a moment as he thought he felt the ground shake then shrugged it off as nothing. "Can you make the arm or not? I don't want to waste my money if it's not worth it. I am willing to pay for materials, supplies and the labor. Perhaps a meal or two depending on how long it takes." He wanted to get to the point knowing how important this was for their friend.

Andrea sat back on the bench looking to the buildings and the statues in the courtyard. She was bored but would deal with it knowing she was simply impatient to show Locke her cheer up gift. She wondered though if he'd really like it though.  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 pm
Sam felt the urge to throw a wrench at the man in the doorway too. "Look. If you don't like my wares, you can go to the next town! But don't start criticizing my works of art!"

Jack tried to calm her down. "Easy, Sam! He didn't mean any offense! He's just in a hurry. We want to tell our friend the good news, and see how he's doing. We're just on edge..." He saw her relax.

"Fine." She went back to make a final measurement. "Well, judging from the build you have here, you say it's the same almost as him, this is going to be pretty extensive and intrusive. For the cost of the supplies, the labor, and the time it will take to make the arm, not to mention the medical supplies to keep your friend alive, I'd say it'll cost about 5840 pieces of gold. And that's a bargain."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:30 pm
He looked to the girl sighing as she seemed agitated. Though was thankful that for once Jack could calm someone down. As she mentioned her price he looked more closely at one of the arms on a rack and smiled. "Call it six point five K and it's a deal." He knew that was more then the asking price, but if the arm was as good as the model he was looking at, it was worth it. He looked back towards the street seeing Andrea again pacing about and sighed. "Jack we may have to hurry. She looks antsy out there."

She walked about in circles. She wanted to show what she had gotten for Locke to him. She stopped feeling the ground shake and looked around. She could see pebbles jittering but not the cause. She started for the mecha shop though stopped getting an odd feeling in her gut. She turned looking at the air. It was like something was there but wasn't. The more she looked the more it formed and soon the portal was open. She put her present in her pocket and made a dash for the stop. Creatures like shadows escaped each hitting the buildings around. She fell back with the force of one calling out. "Jack, Drake!" She watched as on hit the mecha shop and tried to get to them.  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:46 pm
Jack saw it as Andrea began running for them. "Drake! You go after Andy and get her somewhere safe!" He pulled his sword from his side. I'll stay here and defend the shop! Sam! Get low and stay there! I'll protect you!"

Sam did as she was told, grabbed her wrench, and hid in a corner of the room in back. She looked on as one of the shadow beasts seemed to be coming after Jack. "Jack! Behind you!"

He turned just in time to see the beast, and cut it, watching it almost evaporate instantly. "Not so tough... SAM!!" He watched as one of the beasts reached through the wall to try and grab Sam. He ran to slay the beast, getting scratched in the process, but he managed to win. He stood there, hunched over Sam, bleeding slightly.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 am
Drake ducked instinctively as the building was hit and nodded towards Jack. He had a feeling he may have to pay for this as well at some point. He turned to head out seeing Andrea running to them and notice more shadow like creatures bombard the building face. He watched unable to help her seeing the debris falling. "Andrea!" He pushed his magic towards her seeing the black energy move quickly to wrap around her as the debris buried her. "Jack stay with Sam, I'm gonna make sure Andrea's okay under there." He rushed from the building looking to the debris. He Quickly went about calling his shade mentally and soon seeing it. He smiled seeing her in one piece with only a few cuts and scrapes. "Andrea, come on, we need to get you out of here." He looked to her nod though for a moment thought something was different about her. "Andrea?"

She ran to try and help them seeing the shadow like forms explode into the buildings. She paused seeing one above her and froze as the debris came down on her. She felt something wrap around her and her mind went blank. She felt her magic once more, though wasn't sure what was causing it to react again. As she heard Drake she smiled soon seeing him. She wasn't sure how she had just survived that but knew he may have had a hand in it. She moved free from the rubble with his help and looked to the portal. She felt strange a moment, like the previous night's portal. She looked it a moment, her eyes glazing over as if she weren't in control anymore. Shadows began filling the sky from the portal and causing more damage about the town.

He scowled seeing the shadow like creature as it attacked pushing Andrea from the fight. He made a mental note to keep watch on her as he fought. He sent his shade to help throw those coming out back in. He did take note seeing three other mystics helping the fight about the courtyard as well and wondered where they had come from, more oh how they were dressed. He looked towards the shop seeing more entering. "Jack heads up!"  

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:39 pm
Jack was standing over her, bleeding. "Jack! You're hurt!" She ripped off a piece of her shirt and tried to patch him up the best she could. "I don't want to have to work on you too, you idiot!" She kept the cloth on his wound trying to stop the bleeding. "Thank you... You saved me, and my shop."

Jack smiled at her. "No problem. Being a hero is what I'm... all about..." He fell over onto her, passed out from the blood loss.  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games