Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 pm
Perhaps it's not that we lack greed... it's that we've learned and accepted tha--

Isabella paused as Eva stood and went to fall. She was immediately up off the bunk and caught Eva, with odd speed. She looked at the girl with puzzlement, before looking to me.

I lifted my head and looked to her. I didn't want to get up, and she nodded to me.

Isabella furrowed her eyebrows and laid Eva down on the bunk before heading back to the kitchen. She got a glass of water for Eva and returned, very carefully pouring the water down the girl's throat as to not choke her.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm
"We may never know, after all, science fiction has been fiction until advances made it reality. Maybe it is possible for machines to develop something akin to a soul. Though I have to say, I wish things could turn out differently. Anyway, I'll try and see if I can give them some sort of support from within the VR, after all, it's possible that taking on Caretakers in the VR could disable them out here. And if I get wasted in there, it's been a blast Lukas." Dante said with a small smile as he waved goodbye and walked off, instructing a random passerby to stay in that room in case Northwest or anyone else called.~

~Dante entered the simulation without a hitch. All right then, lets see how many I get before I have to drop out. Dante thought coolly and found a Caretaker. "Oi! I have buddies looking for another buddy of ours out there and you're just in the way, nothing personal." Dante said as nanobots poured from his sleeves and began swarming the Caretaker, attempting to recycle it into more nano-machines, undoubtedly this would bring Guardians and Caretakers to his position.

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:49 pm
Her eyes conveyed panic as the time dragged on, minute after minute. The green blur unstopping, easily cycling through what were probably millions of digits. She could see the top bunk and Isabella hovering over her, could feel the coldness of the liquid seeping down her throat, could hear the rustling of fabric as any of them moved. She could do anything but move or speak. Finally the blur slowed, again reaching a comprehensible pace. The very last number came into focus and remained there, burning itself into her memory. Sixty-seven.
Eva tried to move again, but was still paralyzed. A dull ringing resonated in her mind, like the sound of a bell amplified. The noise grew, until she was deaf to anything said or done by Isabella and Scarlet completely. Her vision started to fade white.
It was a perfect voice that broke the new silence. It was genderless, ageless, and lacked any accent. Yet, it still had personality in its tone. It pronounced every syllable without err, "Eva, you are different. You were made to be different. You have purpose, a very vital one. The numbers you just saw were part of your purpose. Memorize them."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:10 pm
Lukas nodded to himself as the screen went blank. He sighed and got up, heading to his work-station and starting his work. He paused as he watered a a plant he had been trying a new formulae on.

He had been approached by one of the Council members.

"Will we go to war, Creeping Vine?"

It... seems that way.

He looked down at the plant-- it was a vine, and had been growing unnaturally quickly over the past few days. He reached out and it twined around his finger.

"Will our people die, Vine?"

Maybe. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. This will be our first war against other humans... not just scuffles against stray Caretakers.

There was silence between the two Council members.

War is a grim prospect. Perhaps... perhaps... we should remind our people of the things that are still worth living for?

The Council member smiled.

"An arts festival, Vine?"

Yes! Everyone is to bring their finest work and crafts!

~~~

Isabella looked back to me, and I weakly stood. I swayed, but stayed on my feet as I headed over to where Eva lay. I perched myself on the bunk next to her, as Isabella did the same.

Mommy?

Yes?

I hear the electric buzzing. It's coming from Eva...

I know...

Our eyes met.

What does it mean?

Scarlet... you are one better to answer that question then I.

I glanced down at Eva, not quite sure what Mother meant.

~~~

She... he... it... blinked. It's eyes seemed to open for the first time.

It looked around it. It saw... two soft pink things, swathed in cloth. They were... human? One of them has bright orange hair, and softer features, and the other was more angular with brown hair. They lay on the floor, bleeding some deep dark red liquid.

It looked to the others. They were shaped kind of like the humans on the floor, but, instead of soft and fleshy, they were metallic. It could see what their internals looked like, all sorts of gears and rods.

It looked at itself, in the reflection of a silvery thing hung up on one wall. It looked like the other metallic ones, but slightly newer; the plates that covered it fit better, the insides less obvious. It's eyes were a pale gold, and when it blinked, there was the sound of a shutter.

What... Am I? Who... am I? Where... am I?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm
Dante was fighting a hopeless battle and he knew what would happen if he dropped or faltered. "You know, you guys are a real pain, but you're a lot easier to deal with than the Name-Brands, compared to them, you're nothing but cookie-cutter knock-offs!" Dante yelled as he destroyed another Caretaker. I don't know how long I can keep this up. Dante thought grimly, feeling exhaustion seeping into his body, it was the one thing he hated about his nanobots, they drained him, but they did work well and against Caretakers they provided defense, offense and ways to cheat. I just hope this helps outside.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:28 am
Just then, a small group of people collected around the door and peered in. They were young people, around my age, and seemingly uninterested in Eva or my mother.

One of them broke off from the group, and approached me. He had strong but yet delicate hands, with nimble fingers. He smiled shyly at me and handed me a package, in which was tucked a note. He then beat feet back to the door, when I looked to the note.

I quickly read it. I then stood and almost bounced after them.

Hey, I don't have time to practic--!

The small group was already gone.

Isabella looked at me inquisitively, and I sighed. I tucked the package under my arm.

They want it to be a surprise... well, they certainly surprised me.

Oh?

Two words. Reminding Festival.

Ahhh. It's a good thing I already have something made for it then.

I eyed her, though one corner of my mouth was tilted up into a small smirk. I headed back to where I had been lying before, and lay down in that same cross-like pose again, breathing deeply.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Eva tried to reach out to the voice with her own consciousness, feeling its presence off in the distance. She was completely blind and deaf to the outside world, stuck in this halfway-realm of nothingness. As her mind came into contact with the very edge of the voice's, she was flooded with sensations. The most overwhelming of all was a sense of odd familiarity, as if she had met a stranger that ended up being a long lost sibling. The presence wasn't malicious in the least, but it was guarded. She thought directly at it, "Who are you? Why am I like this? And...those numbers flashed by so fast, I didn't even see all of them. How can I memorize so many?"
She could feel its hesitation to answer. It gave off a peaceful vibe, as if trying to calm Eva before she could hear the truth. It responded in a more gentle tone, "I suppose you could call me your parent, Eva. You exist for a reason vital to the lives of millions. Speed is inconsequential; as you awaken, they should gradually come back to your memory." It paused as she considered all of this, "We will meet someday soon, if current events continue as they have... However, you may not... accept me from first glance."
If it was possible to fall on one's knees in their own consciousness, Eva would have done just that. She was speechless. The other presence was fading quickly, and she reached for it in desperation, but was too late. The calming vibe was gone, the familiarity was gone, and she was left with nothing but panic-stricken confusion. The ringing noise came back, then returned to normal sound. She blinked, and her eyes re-focused on the outside world.
Eva sat up on the bed in silence, ignoring anything Isabella or Scarlet may say. She concentrated on the numbers, trying to recall anything. Her head whipped around in search of something, and eventually she turned to the other two, "I need... paper. Lots of it. And a pen or something."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:41 pm
I did not stir from my spot as I rested. Isabella watched Eva carefully, probably aware that she was mostly ignored. Then Eva requested paper and pen, and Isabella opened her mouth to speak.

Oy! Soomeoone geit ahl thi' papar oof o' meh!

Muffin stumbled in, carrying a stack of blank paper nearly as tall as he was.

Fer yew, Scarlet. Froom yer da.

I lifted my head to him and nodded to him.

Isabella stood and headed over to the little man, and took the very large stack of paper from him. He then handed her a pouch, which she opened and was full of pencils, pens, charcoal, pastels... And a wide wooden board. She hauled all of the stuff to a plain and clean kitchen counter, she took about an inch of paper from the stack and a plain yellow pencil, took it over to Eva and handed it to her.

Can I get some too mommy?

Isabella smiled at me, before ushering Muffin out of the room and taking another inch-thick sheath of paper and taking it over to me, along with the sack of pencils and pens and stuff, as well as the wooden board.

Isabella then returned to the bunk on which Eva sat, sitting on it next to her.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm
"Thanks." Eva muttered absentmindedly, setting down the stack on the nightstand. She hovered over the paper a moment, twiddling the pencil in her hand, then wrote down the first numbers which came to mind. Five, one, three, nine, twenty-six. No... She erased twenty-six, thought a moment, then changed it to twenty-one. She started slowly, writing down only a couple numbers every few minutes, but her pace picked up when she got the hang of it. All she had to do was think of random numbers, and as soon as she imagined the color green, she was sure that was the correct digit. Eva filled the first page, then moved onto the next without any pauses.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm
Isabella watched Eva intently, curious as to what the girl was doing. She would occasionally look over to me, where I had set the board down and I was on my tummy, doodling. I drew Eva, and then my mother, then chris and Devon and other people I had seen, and then Genesis... then my drawing split off into other subjects... animals, magical creatures...

I eventually started a detailed drawing, something more substantial then the other drawings-- it was something that looked kind of like a cat.

~~~

It looked to the other beings that were similar to it. These being stared at it, not entirely sure what it's problem was. It wasn't quite sure who these other beings were, why the humans were bleeding... it found the look of them unpleasant, so it wandered out of the room and into a long extended one... it considered this new room. A word popped up in it's data banks. "Hallway." It then wandered down the hallway.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 pm
Eva had written seven full pages of numbers before she halted abruptly, a look of frustration creeping on her face. She focused, attempted the green-number tactic, then set down the pencil altogether. Nothing else came to her mind. She reread the last two digits she'd written. Thirty-four. Something seemed wrong... Eva remembered the very last number in the sequence: Sixty-seven.
She sighed, "It's incomplete... I can't remember what comes next." She picked up the full sheets and set them down in order on the bed, forming a long line. It was then that she noticed a pattern in the numbers. On each page was the outline of a letter, composed of zeroes:
R E W R I T E

• • •

She descended from the sky upon bladed wings, a comet of white and orange. Reborn as an angel. Nemesis landed on the rooftop above the Corrupted man, watched as he destroyed several generic Caretakers. The robotic half of her face shifted as her eyesight adjusted, locking onto the target. She jumped off the building, rolled in mid-air, and landed a few feet ahead of Dante. Her wings clicked in preparation, "You have destroyed public safety devices, a clear indication of malicious intent. I shall have to take administrative actions..."

((Annnnnd a TekTek of neo Nemesis:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 pm
Isabella peered at the papers. She saw the numbers and blinked at them, confused.

Could it be... a re-write code for...? I don't understand much... I'm a mechanic and an Earth scientist... But Odessa might understand it. Would you like her assistance?

~~~

It found it's way out of the building and looked around. There was a large crowed of humans that had gathered nearby. They looked... -searching data banks- Results: "restless" "curious" "apprehensive".

It wondered why.

It approached the crowed, and the people looked at it. There were -- Searching: '"nervousness" "apprehension" -- looks on their faces. Was their nervousness because of... it?

It looked down at itself. What did it have that the humans didn't have. It saw armor, black as night, and a blade attached to it's hip. It looked back at the humans. They still looked nervous.

It noticed a human, a ways away. A human wearing an object --Searching: "hat" Specifying "Cartwheel hat"-- a large beige hat with a very wide brim, with red roses on it. It honestly looked ridicules compared to rest of the human's outfit; though it did not understand this. It did, however, notice the --Searching "Amused"-- looks other nearby humans were giving this particular human.

It pondered this, and wondered what would happen if it had an amusing hat. Something formed in mid-air, and after a moment, a large Cartwheel hat similar to the one the human wore took shape. The Bot looked at the color and found it... What was it feeling? It found this sensation unusual --Searching: "Displeasing" -- So it decided to make the hat black. The hat went black similar to it's armor, before mechanically plucking it out of the air and placing it on it's head.

It observed the humans again. Now the ones that has been afraid now looked... --Searching: "Confused."

((And a Tektek of 'it' as of the big black hat. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 pm
"Well hot damn, the b***h who took my eye. You know we really do have an "Ahab/White Whale" relationship going on here, but right now, it's not about me, then again, you don't really care. Well I guess I should count myself honored that I get to be the one to break you in." Dante said with a smirk as swarms of nanobots began to rise. "Nice to know these little guys have been multiplying nicely." Dante said as he sent a cloud of the nanos at Nemesis while taking another cloud and forming them into a miniature Hadron Cannon. Dante pointed it at Nemesis, charging up the deadly beam of energy in the hopes that he'd pull off a miracle like Odessa pulled.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 pm
(( surprised does that mean Odessa has a reputation now? For kicking Nemesis's a**?))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 pm
((Yes. blaugh ))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games