Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadowz100

2,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm
im Joe. I posted in the getting to now yourself place as well. but Im a 20 yr old 6"3 long hair guy. love anime. Im a singer and an artist. if you want to check out some of my stuff here is my instagram: redguitar16. fav band is linkin park if yu see my page you can tell. one day i hope to save lives from suicide with my music like LInkin Park did for me, im being taught from amazingly talented people to fullfill my dreams getting the technique like chesters but making my own voice. #makechesterproud LPsoldier till the day i die and even further.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Hi everyone!

My name is Katie, I'm 21, and I live in Texas. I've been to several Texas anime conventions and even traveled to Japan. While there I did a lot of anime shopping, anime cafes, and also attended summer Comiket.

I'm a big fan of anime from older classics like Cowboy Bebop to new popular anime like My Hero Academia. My favorite anime though is Lucky Star, since I re-watch it often. I like all kinds of anime; action, idol, slice of life, romance. I like it all.

Not part of the guild but I'm also a big Sanrio fan! I hope to find some fellow anime-loving friends. Thanks for reading!  

Uta Witch

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 pm
shadowz100
im Joe. I posted in the getting to now yourself place as well. but Im a 20 yr old 6"3 long hair guy. love anime. Im a singer and an artist. if you want to check out some of my stuff here is my instagram: redguitar16. fav band is linkin park if yu see my page you can tell. one day i hope to save lives from suicide with my music like LInkin Park did for me, im being taught from amazingly talented people to fullfill my dreams getting the technique like chesters but making my own voice. #makechesterproud LPsoldier till the day i die and even further.

Hi Joe, thanks for posting and letting us get to know you. I think that it's definitely a worth while pursuit to use music to help save lives. Good luck on preventing suicides.

I highly recommend that you check out our affiliated Guild, the Anime Help Guild. Nena their Captain posts info about J-Pop and K-Pop music every month. You can get to the Anime Help Guild by clicking on it's banner at the bottom of this Guild's Home Page.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 pm
Uta Witch
Hi everyone!

My name is Katie, I'm 21, and I live in Texas. I've been to several Texas anime conventions and even traveled to Japan. While there I did a lot of anime shopping, anime cafes, and also attended summer Comiket.

I'm a big fan of anime from older classics like Cowboy Bebop to new popular anime like My Hero Academia. My favorite anime though is Lucky Star, since I re-watch it often. I like all kinds of anime; action, idol, slice of life, romance. I like it all.

Not part of the guild but I'm also a big Sanrio fan! I hope to find some fellow anime-loving friends. Thanks for reading!

Hi Katie, I think that it's really cool that you went to Japan. smile What cities did you visit? I'm also curious as to what Comiket is all about. Feel free to start threads in the "Southern Conventions" Sub Forum and let us know about the Conventions that you went to in Texas.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Hey, guys!

I'm not a new member, technically, but have been inactive for, well, years. Life got super crazy but here I am, with two Masters degrees under my belt, multiple careers, and several states later, back on Gaia.

Right. Introduction thing.

I have been a cosplayer since 2006, though I've made costumes all my life. My cosplay library is very diverse, though lately I've been making a lot of cosplays from the Tales of games, Final Fantasy, and Saiyuki. While I have an ability to sew very well, I don't particularly enjoy working with fabric. Most of my cosplays have a strong emphasis on hard makes: armor, props, and especially special effects make up and wigs.

2019 will be my ten-year anniversary as a panelist! I'm pretty stoked on that, and have a few panels already accepted and lined up. My first panels of the year will be at SacAnime winter, the first week of January. In the past few years I've been giving panels all across the country, though finances are going to keep me a bit closer to home this year.

You can get a look at my cosplay stuff on my Facebook, Wysiwyg Visions.

I'm glad to be back and am looking forward to catching up with all of you!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 am
Yo! My name is Rita, i'm 23 and i'm a girl from Portugal. In other places online i go by "animecat33"

I like video games, anime and comic books, and enjoy to cosplay character from all three. I cosplay both girls and guys and i like to experiment with face paint and cosplay makeup

I hope to go to a convention outside of Portugal one day, London or Spain being the more possible options

My favourite anime is Death Note and Dragon ball (all series), though i have many more that i enjoy greatly  

We_Stan_Speedsters

Aged Citizen

7,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:54 pm
We_Stan_Speedsters
Yo! My name is Rita, i'm 23 and i'm a girl from Portugal. In other places online i go by "animecat33"

I like video games, anime and comic books, and enjoy to cosplay character from all three. I cosplay both girls and guys and i like to experiment with face paint and cosplay makeup

I hope to go to a convention outside of Portugal one day, London or Spain being the more possible options

My favourite anime is Death Note and Dragon ball (all series), though i have many more that i enjoy greatly

Hi, Rita!

Glad to have you here! How long have you been cosplaying? Do you have a favorite cosplay to take to conventions?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:18 pm
xinitia
We_Stan_Speedsters

Hi, Rita!

Glad to have you here! How long have you been cosplaying? Do you have a favorite cosplay to take to conventions?

Hello biggrin I've been cosplaying since 2016.
I can't choose just one :'D I guess it depends, lately i've been bringing rouge the bat to conventions a lot, but if i could wear my Riddler more often i would  

We_Stan_Speedsters

Aged Citizen

7,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:33 am
We_Stan_Speedsters
xinitia
We_Stan_Speedsters

Hi, Rita!

Hello biggrin I've been cosplaying since 2016.
I can't choose just one :'D I guess it depends, lately i've been bringing rouge the bat to conventions a lot, but if i could wear my Riddler more often i would

Hi Rita,

Crossplayers are certainly welcome here. This year is going to be my first year doing Crossplays. My current avi is female to reflect my change. On Gaia Online I have the freedom to dress my Avi up any way I want to. In the Real World I'm a guy and yes it's not an easy thing to do a Crossplay Outfit. Just ask Xinitia or my Vice Captain Kaya. They are also Crossplayers. I am a Semi Professional Cosplay Photographer. At conventions I take photos of Cosplayers and Crossplayers a like. This time I need a lot of help. That's where my wonderful Crew come into play. If you need any help with your Crossplay or Cosplay Outfits look no further. I have even asked Xinitia for help so you know they are good. Good Luck on your Cosplay / Crossplays this year and I hope that you get to go to London. Being part British I can appreciate the appeal. I live in Michigan and dream of going to other countries to go to conventions. Please take some time and post more about your Cosplay and Convention experiences.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Hello! I'm actually a 22yo straight dude that likes crossdressing/crossplay/lolita and all that jazz but you can just call me Hannah because personal privacy lol cat_redface

So uhhh, some of my favorite anime are probably Ghost Stories (English Dub), Parasyte: The Maxim, and Love Live!

I'm also an avid gamer

ACen is pretty much the only con I regularly attend at least currently, hopefully I'll be able to attend more eventually

I'm also single, might as well throw that out there cat_whee

I'm actually pretty new to crossplay and Lolita so the biggest challenge will probably be learning how to do makeup. If anyone has advice on that like palette suggestions or something it would be super appreciated I genuinely know nothing about makeup aside from basic lipstick application but want to at least get decent at it by ACen 2019  

HannahCuteSocks

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:14 pm
HannahCuteSocks
Hello! I'm actually a 22yo straight dude that likes crossdressing/crossplay/lolita and all that jazz but you can just call me Hannah because personal privacy lol cat_redface

So uhhh, some of my favorite anime are probably Ghost Stories (English Dub), Parasyte: The Maxim, and Love Live!

I'm also an avid gamer

ACen is pretty much the only con I regularly attend at least currently, hopefully I'll be able to attend more eventually

I'm also single, might as well throw that out there cat_whee

I'm actually pretty new to crossplay and Lolita so the biggest challenge will probably be learning how to do makeup. If anyone has advice on that like palette suggestions or something it would be super appreciated I genuinely know nothing about makeup aside from basic lipstick application but want to at least get decent at it by ACen 2019

Welcome! I'm glad that you're exploring cosplay! I think that there are a few make up tutorials posted in the Tutorial section of this guild page. I've been asked to make a few tutorials on the subject, too, so I'll finally start putting that together when I get a free moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:08 am
Howdy y'all

You can call me magus! lets see... Some of my favorite anime are Serial Experiments Lain, and Aim for the Top! Gunbuster. I like jrpgs, rhythm games, and fighting games. I enjoy a lot of things, from mathematics, to jazz (especially bossa nova), to drawing, etc., etc.

Nice to meet you all!  

magus01

Newbie Noob

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:41 am
magus01
Howdy y'all

You can call me magus! lets see... Some of my favorite anime are Serial Experiments Lain, and Aim for the Top! Gunbuster. I like jrpgs, rhythm games, and fighting games. I enjoy a lot of things, from mathematics, to jazz (especially bossa nova), to drawing, etc., etc.

Nice to meet you all!

Magus thanks for joining the Guild. One of the things that I like about meeting members is learning about the different anime / manga series that they are into and what conventions that they have been to. I have to admit that I have not heard of Serial Experiments Lain. Btw we have had art contests here before.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:45 am
smithers456
You should definitely give it a try! If you liked 2001 a space odyssey, I think you'd enjoy serial experiments lain, very slow burn, psychological, with late 90s 'cyberpunk' influence.

Ahh, I don't *think* I'd have time to do art contests with my school and work load, but thanks for letting me know!  

magus01

Newbie Noob

Brooklyn Hyuuga

Loving Sex Symbol

20,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:36 am
Hey there! Brooklyn here but you can call me Brooke which I kinda prefer over my irl name or Bianca which is an alt account I have on here as well lol. Im 27, she/her & they/them pronouns, and thanks for the invite! Been an anime lover since I was a kid. Some of my favorites are classics, others are newer:

Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zoids
G Gundam
Wolfs Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Big O
Cowboy BeBop
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Cyborg 009
Pokemon
Yugioh (only up to 5D's though lol)
Bleach
Naruto

I have yet to attend a con due to money issues and now time constraints at work (aka asking for a day off is a royal pain in the arse at times). I have also yet to cosplay fully but Ive dipped my toe in it a couple of times. Im big into fashion, writing, gaming, music, and reading. I would love for one day to attend a con, especially since Im near an epicenter in a big city. Ive even started to draw up some designs and picked out some characters I want to cosplay  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff