Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 am
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? History of Magic
                                                                Who am I with? Classmates
                                                                What am I doing? Sleeping
                                                                What am I thinking? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Jesse entered and took a seat in the classroom. Review work, really? This was really boring. Jesse was certain that he could probably fall asleep right then and there and not worry about it. In fact, he tipped his head back and closed his eyes. Soon the kid was snoring softly in the classroom.

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:42 pm
User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

How much do you want to bet my blood is purer than yours?

Second Year Slytherin
Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Wearing: Her Uniform

☁ ☂ ☁

Wendy knew to expect review and wasn't that surprised to be told they had it. She had sat near the back but after seeing the blank stares of most of her peers she offered in a bored tone, arms crossed, "We also discussed at the end of the year the history of brooms. Funny everyone remembers the whole founding of a school and falling out and a murderous snake but they forget an item that people make such a big fuss about day to day."

She shrugged and fell silent. She'd rather not get into an argument over something as petty as brooms. Besides brooms were annoying and pointless generally-or about as useful as say knitting needles, it made for a good hobby and that was about it.

User Image

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

{{OoC: }}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:40 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Ari grinned as Benjamin seemed to perk up a bit. She even got him to chuckle. When he compared her to his mother she took that as a compliment. "Sounds like a smart woman." Ari giggled greatly pleased that her friend seemed to like her comment. It was something her mother used to say to her all the time too. That's of course where she got it from.

Benjamin blamed his mood on being tired. "If you say so." She stared at him once more wondering if he was being completely honest or if there was something else bothering him. She decided to drop it though.

She listened to everyone's answers writing them all down. She raised her hand to add, "Didn't we did talk about the Triwizard Tournament as well?" She glanced at Benjamin to see if her question would get him to join in the discussion.

Quote:
RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:53 am
"Sketch the trees and the daffodils"
Ayla Stone
Second-year Ravenclaw

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Catch the breeze and the winter chills"

Seeing as everyone else was answering the teacher, Ayla cheerfully took notes, eager as ever to work and learn more about the magical world. You could tell from the light in her eyes and how fast yet neatly she wrote, that she really did love learning, even if she wasn't the greatest at all of her lessons, and she tried her best. Humming softly, she finished up her most recent note and looked up, curious to what more people had to say on the subject of their previous year's worth of learning.

Out Of Colours: text here

"In colors on the snowy linen land"

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                            Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:24 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna walked into the History classroom and found her usual seat and plopped down. She sighed with frustration. She truly didn't like history at all but she came because it was required. She pulled out her parchment and quill to take her normal notes. As class began she listened to the professor talk about the wand maker family, Olivander. She found herself soon zoning out and was only brought back to attention by the classes assignment. She fished her wand out of her pocket and placed it on the desk. She stared at the Maple with Dragon Heartstring wand wondering why did it chose her? She stared at the wand that was purchased from Olivander's. She had been told it's core was powerful while its wood made it a perfect match for an ambitious witch. She smiled as she remembered the conversation. She pulled out her paper and began writing.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:21 am
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan listened to the Professor's words and took a few notes on them, recalling the shop he had visited before his first year at Hogwarts. It had seemed so far away, yet it was only a couple of years ago. He placed his wand out on the table, his eyes examining it. It amazed him that that shop had been around for so long. He recalled the process of him getting the wand itself. It had taken a few practices with others, but this had been the one. He smiled a bit to himself. It was almost like getting a pet, but different in some way.. He wasn't even sure why the wand picked him, other than the fact the wood matched his birthday, and the core reflected some personal traits he had. He wrote down a paragraph on why he thought it picked him, but most of it was just guesses. How was he supposed to know 100%? The man had been quite vague those two years ago.

OOC:
What: Writing about his wand
Where: History of Magic II
With: Other second years

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:39 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
                                            The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding failies, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:30 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: History (Thursday 1:00pm – 2:00pm)

Mira had surprise, surprise skipped history the week prior. She’d took the liberty of reading up on the lesson and taking notes from the book but other than that she didn’t bother going. Regrettable she felt like maybe she should have but she’d make up for it by showing up for the week to follow.

Walking into the room Mira took a seat at the back and listening while drawing in her book. Honestly she really didn’t care about what Professor Powell was saying. She herself questioned whether the Deathly Hallows happened to actually be real, even if they supposedly existed in the 1990’s. Occasionally jotting down some useful part of the lecture, Mira really only listened until the question arose of which Hallow would she pick? Honestly she wasn’t sure the elder wand was meant for power but the resurrection stone would allow her to see her mum. Something she didn’t want to admit to anyone in her class.

“I would go with the elder wand because power is essential in getting what you want.” Sure that wasn’t the true answer. In reality it would be the resurrection stone so she could see her mother for at least a short time. However she didn’t want anyone knowing that secret except maybe Timothy.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:40 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Dylan listened intently to Professor Powell's lecture on the Deathly Hallows. His parents had read him the story before, enthusiastically, but he had never been told in-depth about it. He didn't even know they were real, just a figment of someone's imagination to scare little children. Apparently he was wrong. As he thought about it, he wasn't sure which one he would pick. He pushed out the thoughts of the Resurrection Stone, because as much as he'd like to see his best friend from childhood again, it was a crime against nature, almost. Everything dies eventually, and he didn't believe in bringing something or someone back who was dead. The Elder Wand? Nah, he didn't crave power that much. Besides, you don't need a special wand to be powerful. It comes from within, at least that's what his father always said. That left the Invisibility Cloak.. it seemed like the best option. "I'd pick the Invisibility Cloak, just because it would be cool to be unseen from time to time."

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC: Open for Interaction
What: Thinking..
Where: History of Magic II
With: Other second years

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:15 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Arianna walked into History class in a smug mood. She didn't know why but she must've woken on the wrong side of the bed or something. She trudged over to her desk and grumpily flopped into her seat. She attempted to distract herself by taking good notes but that wasn't happening. She ended up sitting with her arms crossed just listening to lecture. When he asked which one they would choose she wasn't surprised by the answers she heard. Of course that girl from Slytherin wanted the wand for power and of course the Ravenclaw answered the cloak because let's face it. That's the correct answer even in the story the son with the cloak lives until he chooses to die. No one answered the stone because really people who are dead shouldn't come back. They don't belong in this world anymore. But if Ari was going to be honest with herself she would love to see her mother again. In her slightly pissy mood she answered. "If there was a way to make the stone work a better way. If it could truly bring a person back to life. That's what I would choose." Ari gave a quick shrug. "But that's not how it works, right? So I wouldn't want any of them. It's not worth all the hassle."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:09 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked into the class, taking a seat to himself as he listened to the lecture of the professor, not really wanting to talk yet again. So, when the professor had engaged them with a question, he continued to stay silent, knowing exactly what he would want, but felt that he had the stupidest reason for wanting it. He wanted the elder wand literally because it seemed like a lot of fun to cast a spell with. He could only imagine the power that emanated from it. He thoroughly believed he would enjoy the power of it, although, the invisibility cloak did sound tempting.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:27 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:32 am
I see you in my head and eye.
Your eyes are vacant and your mouth is bright.
And all you say are things I don't want to hear...
So I smash my hands against my broken ears...
We'll be the thoughts that you were warned about!
We are the shadows in your basement!
When you say doomsday, they say everything's alright!
But it's all the same, get yourself a number.
Oh, we've been watching you sleep.
We know your tricks, we know all your bad habits...
We know your secrets, we know what you've lost...
We sneak into your closet and have dinner with the skeletons!

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰˢᵉᶜᵒᶰᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander actually enjoyed History of Magic, not that he'd ever admit even under duress. He actually remembered most of what they'd learned the year before, but was loathe to reveal that. Still, he raised his hand anyways. "We learned about the Chamber of Secrets."

OOC:
Username

All along you've been asking what's wrong with me!
All along you've been living your predicament!
Saying you were innocent, but what's that got to do with me?
We are the cracks in all you dream about!
We are the noises in your attic,
We'll be the people you were warned about!
We are the monsters in your closet!
Now despite your hopes, despite your prayers, you're broke like us.
We watch you when you're asleep, we hear as you grind your teeth...
We're always wearing smiles, but we're never what they seem.
You run when you're awake, but we still kill you when you dream!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru barely remembered anything from the previous year of HoM, to her embarrassment. It just wasn't a class she was all that interested in or good at. She hated the fact that there was no wand work, and all they did was notes and essays. She quietly tapped her foot under her desk, and kept mum.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff