Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:36 pm
I Drink Blue Moon

Unfortunately, stabilizing doesn't grant someone consciousness. It just enables me to have the option of making death saving throws; now I can opt to wait for someone to use proper healing on me.

The reason it's optional, is I can still make the saving throws if I want. On a 20+, I spend a healing surge, go to 0 then regain surge HP, and regain consciousness. Otherwise, I must wait for an extended rest to regain hit points.

However, if I take damage for whatever reason, I unstabilize and need to be restabilized.

At this point, I don't think there's anything for me to lose by trying the saving throws, until I get 2 failures. Because if someone does any damage to me at 2 failures and stabilized, I'm just as likely to die as I am at 0 failures and stabilized. Coup-de-graces, and all.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:06 pm
Kowsauni
Rain, I will inform you when you can attempt another roll to become conscious

Copy that!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:39 pm
Rain Yupa
Insight of 27 to gauge the honesty of Kuori's response of who shot first.

You cannot roll checks on other players. Well, I guess you can but they don't have to abide by your checks unless they want to. For example you cant roll an intimidate check on a fellow player to try force them to do something or roll a bluff check to lie to them. Skill checks are specifically for engaging with the environment and npcs.

Also, Revenge's wife is human, or at least was. It has been decided. Color scheme has been locked in as well. I need to know how long ago she disappeared and any other details about her character you think I should know as the dm.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:47 pm
Ooooohoohoo plot twist!  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:58 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

You cannot roll checks on other players. Well, I guess you can but they don't have to abide by your checks unless they want to. For example you cant roll an intimidate check on a fellow player to try force them to do something or roll a bluff check to lie to them. Skill checks are specifically for engaging with the environment and npcs.

Also, Revenge's wife is human, or at least was. It has been decided. Color scheme has been locked in as well. I need to know how long ago she disappeared and any other details about her character you think I should know as the dm.

Oh, I know they don't have to. It was in case Kuori rolled a Bluff. It was a time-saving roll, nothing more sweatdrop

I had... intended for Halima to be a fellow Tiefling (the same Egyptian naming convention I tend to use for my Tieflings). Halima means 'Gentle', whereas Naeem's (Revenge's first name) means 'Benevolent'. Naeem's 'family' name is even after an Egyptian deity (albeit the 'greek' name for it).

The whole naming convention was intended to be a mirror opposite of what the name 'Revenge' means, being symbolic of his transformation via his grief.

But okay!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:09 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

Oh, I know they don't have to. It was in case Kuori rolled a Bluff. It was a time-saving roll, nothing more sweatdrop

I had... intended for Halima to be a fellow Tiefling (the same Egyptian naming convention I tend to use for my Tieflings). Halima means 'Gentle', whereas Naeem's (Revenge's first name) means 'Benevolent'. Naeem's 'family' name is even after an Egyptian deity (albeit the 'greek' name for it).

The whole naming convention was intended to be a mirror opposite of what the name 'Revenge' means, being symbolic of his transformation via his grief.

But okay!

hehe, alright. You didn't mention what her race was in your backstory so I sort of assumed she was human, as tieflings aren't that common. I couldn't ask you as that would ruined the surprise! I've had this planned ever since I saw his backstory. I'll see if the Waifu wants to update the picture with some horns and point the ears and maybe edit the colors a bit. If your ok with it though I'll keep it as is.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:31 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

But okay!

hehe, alright. You didn't mention what her race was in your backstory so I sort of assumed she was human, as tieflings aren't that common. I couldn't ask you as that would ruined the surprise! I've had this planned ever since I saw his backstory. I'll see if the Waifu wants to update the picture with some horns and point the ears and maybe edit the colors a bit. If your ok with it though I'll keep it as is.

Well, you know my intent. I won't fight one way or another... I say we leave it in her hands, if she wants to update it or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:36 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

But okay!

Well, you know my intent. I won't fight one way or another... I say we leave it in her hands, if she wants to update it or not.

Waifu said she will edit the drawing to make her a tiefling. She liked the fact you had reason behind her naming. You also need still need to tell me how long ago she vanished and any other details you might want me to include.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm
Kowsauni
I need to know how long ago she disappeared and any other details about her character you think I should know as the dm.

Oh! I missed this part.

Well, long enough for Naeem to become Revenge, train to become a Paladin, actually become a 1st level Paladin, and gain a few levels. A couple years, definitely.

I suspect there was a lot of depression and despair at first, as well as helplessness, so it wasn't an immediate progression. I'd say, all told... 4 to 5 years?

Halima's definitely booksmart, and also probably has some experience in commerce, like Naeem, but didn't quite embrace it like he did. Halima was one of those people who was always confident and never buckled under pressure though, someone who always kept a cool head through any situation. Though never for any evil means, Naeem was still kind of cutthroat as a merchant, because it really is an industry where the meek falter. Halima was a bit more compassionate than him though, and was generally liked by most. Naeem was the type who threw himself into his work, with a fiery passion. Halima basically took care of him, because of how little attention he paid towards his own needs. Y'know, the kind of spouse that would bring him dinner while he was pouring over the books, only to find him passed out and cover him with a blanket instead.

Hopefully that gives you insight into Halima's character, and what Revenge lost that made him turn so bitter and resentful.

EDIT: And apparently I started working on that when you posted the reminder. I must have just clicked reply when you posted that ^-^' Sorry again!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 pm
Rain Yupa

"I... know of him. He's the reason I call myself Revenge. That's all that matters now. Hold on a moment, there's something I need to do."

Totally going to have to roll a bluff check for that one.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:51 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

"I... know of him. He's the reason I call myself Revenge. That's all that matters now. Hold on a moment, there's something I need to do."

Mm. It was meant to be symbolic, not a lie. If you'll permit me a re-write?

EDIT: Going to bed early'ish, but I still need to eat dinner first. I'll check back here before I turn in for a response, otherwise I'll just go ahead and rewrite it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

EDIT: Going to bed early'ish, but I still need to eat dinner first. I'll check back here before I turn in for a response, otherwise I'll just go ahead and rewrite it.

You can edit your post to clarify your point if you want. If you want to leave it as is without a bluff check Corsica will deduce that you are referring to yourself.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:27 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

You can edit your post to clarify your point if you want. If you want to leave it as is without a bluff check Corsica will deduce that you are referring to yourself.

Then I'll leave it as is, hopefully with your blessing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:36 am
PupSage

I will be making an update post tomorrow in case you want to get a response in before then.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:41 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

I will be making an update post tomorrow in case you want to get a response in before then.

Nope.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games