Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 7, 4, 6, 7 Total: 32 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:14 am
"Then I guess I should waste no time either. I'll be searching the stalls for items. I shouldn't be too hard to find this time, Ruri-san. However, in this case, I'll be back here in about....half an hour or so." With that, Naohiko would go off to peruse what the merchants had to offer, hoping inspiration would strike. He wouldn't move too far from where the group was, though, lest he find himself losing his partner *AGAIN*

OOC:
Void/Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
TN: 30
Dice Chosen: 7,7
Results: 14  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:47 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 4 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 4 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 3 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 2 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

The girl would be in Unicorn attire, and currently slightly disheveled due to being hit with that snowball just now. Despite the upset look that she just got, she was a bit babyfaced and her frustration just made her that much cuter. Despite this, and despite the unflattering layers upon layers she wore for this winter day, you could still tell she had a very attractive figure underneath, even with your perception penalty rolls. A dangerously beautiful combination.

"Ide Chieko, of the Unicorn," she would respond politely. "We've been kind of failing terribly at this event, because he insists on letting the other teams do the work of finding items from the list, and competing them out of their potential gains. I was supposed to sweet-talk the monks after you engaged Seiichi-san. Though it looks like this wasn't what he had in mind."

Chieko's gaze shifted slightly to behind Gendo.

"So the Kraken sends his woman to do his dirty work, eh?" the man would say.

"Something like that, Toku-san..."

"Wait... what are you doing with that much snow?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"... I'll see what I can do," Shoichi would respond after a moment's hesitation, before you and Ruri would move out out of earshot of the boys. You would see Shoichi try to draw Naohiko in to help him in the task you gave him as you walked away.

"Well, this will be short, as promised," Ruri would begin, seemingly making it a point to not look behind her. "Are you alright? Physically? Has he done anything to you?"

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"... I'll see what I can do," Shoichi would respond to Kaichiyo after a moment's hesitation, before the two of them walked off, apparently moving out of earshot.

"Naohiko-san, was it?" he would ask you. "Would you mind giving me a hand with my task? Since we have to wait for them anyways. I have something I want to ask you."

That said, you don't need a roll to 'peruse'. It's a marketplace. There's things. But if you're trying to use your roll to explore and get something from the list, then the NPC teams get a roll too. I need to know which it is, and what you're doing (with respect to Shoichi).

EDIT: Confirmation that the roll was one of the event rolls in Plainsfox's following post. Rolls for the NPC teams added.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:18 pm
Naohiko would nod. "Ask away. I'm sure the emperor would only consider any of these gifts as if they were extended from the most distant, tackiest relative imaginable" The samurai grimaced as he examined a sake cup that seemed to be so loud in its coloring that it could be seen from Megumi Tenpi.

OOC:
The roll was to search for the item and Naohiki is helping Shoichi out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:32 pm
"Yet he knows nothing about those he'd 'challenge'. I'm a blacksmith and I have a very big tolerance for other people's shenanigans, in thanks to Kaichiyo-hime." He slightly shivered at the thought of what she'd get up to if she collaborated with some of the others he's met so far. "However, if his antics progress beyond this slightly annoying and into anything that is actually injuring, especially if it endangers anyone else, I will be forced to break him."

His words did not contain any malice, but just the words of a man making a statement, as if he was talking about having to break a weapon to smelt it down and reforge it.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:06 pm
The little Kraken princess blinked in confusion. "Shoichi-san?" She let out a little songbird giggle and held her arms out as if displaying her body, despite how much of it was covered against the cold. "As far as I am aware, I am free of spider bites. Is something wrong?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:54 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
--------------------

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Chieko would frown slightly. "While I don't doubt the sincerity of your claim, Himura-san, I think you highly underestimate that man's tenacity. Not to mention," she would say, one hand on her hip, the other gesturing towards the temple, "He's at least succeeding in keeping you from your goals, isn't he?"

"I FEAR NO ONE! TAKE THIS!"

PAF! PAF! PAF!

"Nnnoooooooooooooo-

WHUNK!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Ruri would look you dead-serious in the eye, studying for a few moments, before responding. "No, I suppose you wouldn't have known. I heard that your companion there tried to force himself on his last partner in a previous game, a woman from the Dragon who rejected his advances. She actually left this court the next day because of it."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

As Shoichi would figuratively pull you from your own search to help in his, he would lead you to the place selling pottery that you think your clanmate was spying earlier. There were many pieces available for sale; many were of Crane colors, while others were winter-themed. It was actually a bit trickier than one might expect to tell them apart.

"Are you..." he would start to say, while not making eye contact. "Are you good with the fairer sex, Naohiko-san? I think I need advice." After a response, he would add, "I think I'm blowing it my attempts to impress Kaichiyo. I just don't know what to do. I've never been good with women. There was this Mirumoto woman I was starting to get to know, just before your clan arrived. I thought I had hit my stride with her, and we were starting to hit it off, but then she left suddenly, without a word. Then you Himura showed up soon after, and I saw Kaichiyo-san and my heart skipped a beat, like everything had been preparing me, training me for this... and it's like trying to hold my grip on a pile of sand, it just feels like its slipping away between my fingers."

He would then look at you. "Any advice you can give me to help... I would be indebted to you."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:07 pm
He would just smile. "Is he? Cause I am fairly certain that I'm not dealing with him at the moment." Gendo kept quiet that he wasn't all that concerned about the hunt to begin with. "Still, if you will excuse me, I think I will spare him the wrath he has brought down upon himself."

Turning, the smith would just walk over to Kiyo and bend lower to smile at her. "Having fun?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:46 pm
Her next blink was filled with a bit more concern, flashing back to that moment in the library when the Spider looked ready to attack. "Oh. No, Mai neglected to mention that part. Was she hurt?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 9, 4, 2, 10, 3, 7 Total: 40 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:50 pm
"I've had my successes." Naohiko admitted as he pondered a winter themed cup. The Kraken listened carefully as Shoichi spoke. "Firstly, if you want her hand in marriage, your appeals would be best directed at her mother. Himura-no-kimi has used every tool at her disposal to strengthen this clan. Her daughter's hand is no different. We Kraken are not as fortunate as say...the Dragonfly, who have a patron and a tradition to back them in such things. If you wish her heart, that is another matter. "

Naohiko took a breath as he considered his next words. "If you were to ask me, I would say that Kaichiyo-hime needs a friend more than a lover. Who knows how a relationship would grow through the years? Slowly, patiently, something could emerge like a spider making a fine web. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's the advice I can give. I don't think I'm the gatekeeper to Kaichiyo-hime's heart that you want me to be. If I were..." Naohiko would lean forward conspiratorially and drop his voice to a whisper. "Drums. She'd love drums. As many drummers as you can find, sent to perform for her at the earliest dregs of the hour of the Tiger. That'd be the way to win her heart" Naohiko grinned until it crossed his head that Shoichi may be taking him seriously. "....that was just a joke. Please do not do that."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Dice: 9, 4,4, 2, 1
Raises called: 1 to ensure that no malice to Shoichi is intended by anything Naohiko's said.
Results: 17-5  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
--------------------

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Toku Seiichi's physical description is that he was apparently half snow-monster! Or half snow-pile, anyways, as Kiyo, standing above his prone form, was panting, covered in several snowball impacts herself, having taken fire as she brought her large packed mound of snow from beside the cleared road and had promptly uncleared it.

"..... not really. This is a good way to catch a cold," she would frown, looking down at her handiwork still. "I think I would like some tea now..."

Gendo, you took some hits yourself, and they are bitter and cold reminders of the battle that you ignored.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Ruri would kind of shrug. "I assume not, if she was able to leave the next day. I confess that I didn't really get to know her, but I would have made the effort if I knew she would have left in such short order. I just thought it was something you should know - especially if he suspects this is the reason I pulled you aside like this."

If you look, you would see the Spider look in your general direction with alarm.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"But I can't right now," he would respond to the matter of Kaichiyo's mother. "She's not here, at this court, with us."

Suddenly, his eyes went wide, and he looked over at Kaichiyo's direction with a bit of alarm in his eyes. "Wait, is she?"

Then, once assured that she was not, he would return his attention to Naohiko, and the pottery. He would hold up one vase, examining it. He would ask the vendor, "How much?" and wince in response.

"I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. The 'years' part, I mean. Even if she were to fall for me tomorrow, who's to say some suitor that appeals to her tastes even better won't come around in the meanwhile and make all my efforts for naught?" He would sigh with dejection, putting the vase down. "Maybe Benten truly deigns not for me to love, after all. Most samurai my age are either already married, or engaged. Even amongst my clan."

Then came the part about the drums. Shoichi seemed shocked at first, until Naohiko brought up the fact that it was a joke. "Ohhhh..." he would say lowly, nodding sagely. "... is that hour too early, or too late, for Kaichiyo-san?"

You get the sense that he's not joking.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Kaichiyo nodded, relieved at the news. At least she would only have to be defending her honor, not her life. That would be easy. She noticed the look he gave conveniently right when the subject came up and her own eyes went wide, however, and started to rethink that defending her life part. For now, though, she shook her head to refocus and gave the Mantis a little bow. "Thank you for telling me. I'll be careful."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:43 pm
"..." Naohiko would merely shake his head and try to free his brain for more rational thought. "Look, are you a man or are you a candle? Why are you in such a hurry? The second you get engaged is the moment you lose most of the freedom you have. Some times it's the journey that's more important than the destination. "  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 3, 2, 4 Total: 24 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:17 pm
"Then let us go have some tea." He nodded to the Sparrow, then stood to look back at Chieko. "Have a good day, Ide-san." And with that, he'd start off, looking for a tea-house.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 15
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:30 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko & Kaichiyo:

Ruri would nod solemnly, before bringing up a point: "I did promise this would be quick. We should rejoin our partners, before too much suspicion is raised."

Assuming you would have no reservations about this, Kaichiyo, you two would do just that. (otherwise, I can edit)

"Welcome back, Himura-san, Moshi-san," Shoichi would say. "I have no doubts you have a better eye for this than I," he would say to Kaichiyo, gesturing towards the assorted pieces of pottery. "I'm not sure if you wanted to work cheap or not."

"What's this? Himura Naohiko, waylaid so soon? Or are you trying to mooch off of your princess's idea?" Ruri would say to Naohiko, hands on her hips in mock disappointment.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

It's Crane Lands. Like Scorpion Lands, in a city, tea houses are as frequent as Starbucks. TN 5, at MOST.

Chieko would bow in response before walking over to start hurling insults at her half-buried partner.

As you two head inside and take a seat, Kiyo would show some concern. "Is this okay, though? I mean, you're probably more at risk than I am since you're not used to the cold, but this is going to set us back for the event. I have no idea how any other teams are doing, so I don't know how it will affect our standing."

After your response, a waitress would come over to take your orders.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:03 pm
The Kraken samurai would shrug. "Daigoetsu-san was curious about the Kraken Clan. As it stands, I have an idea on how we may obtain one of the items, luck depending. I'm ready when you are, Moshi-san."  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games