Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:22 am
Valac stashes his ill gotten gains wherever he can and returns to the road also. Upon seeing that Shayne was still about his face twitched slightly and then saw that everyone else was acting friendly towards him which seemed weird. He approached non-chalantly to Shayne, Twyla and Revenge.

"We're bringing him?" Asked Valac as he looked at the other two; wrapping his arm around Shayne's shoulders and Valac begun to grin his devilish grin, "We best settle our differences quickly then."

Valac turned his head the grin not disappearing meeting Shayne's eyes uncomfortably then suddenly Valac sucker punched Shayne.

"Don't cast a spell on me ever again mage." Said Valac as he let go of Shayne, walking over to the road block and begins work on moving it.

Valac struggled and he begun to consider whether to smash up the road block to make it more manageable.
(11 on a athletics or endurance checks assuming nat 1's dont auto fail but 11 probably still fails.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:54 pm
"Wah, legend? I am afraid you have the wrong wizard. I just want to get to a safe spot... and change my name..." Shayne spoke throwing his arms up and stepping back. "If you want a legend ask a Kycoin bard about the fire elemental, I believe it is now blue... Besides, I try not to stick to people who have a death wish for me." He smiled to Shortstack, as he motioned in Kouri's direction.

Truning to listen to Abby "I will take that as a pleasent gesture, coming from one as pretty and skilled as yourself. I am Shayne..." Shayne spoke with a slight bow to Abby, "But, you and your friends, helped me a great deal more. And as I was just telling Shor... Tranla, I don't know if me following is a good idea."

----after Val's post....

"Damn... normally, I at least get a kiss before the rough stuff." reeling from the cheap shot, he turns again to Abby. "You sure it is safer?"

The wizard chucked a little, seening the barbarian fail before walking to the horse, "too bad, they don't have a strong and powerful beast like you. That log would be moved, easily with alittle rope..."  

Noname 51

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:49 pm
Noname 51
Truning to listen to Abby "I will take that as a pleasent gesture, coming from one as pretty and skilled as yourself. I am Shayne..." Shayne spoke with a slight bow to Abby, "But, you and your friends, helped me a great deal more. And as I was just telling Shor... Tranla, I don't know if me following is a good idea."

Revenge would clear his throat a bit. "Pretty, skilled, and married," he would say to the wizard, in a... not annoyed, but... informative tone.

Then Valac sucker punched him.

"I'll allow it," Revenge would say with perhaps the slightest hint of schadenfreude in his tone. "But just this once!" he would say, suddenly assertively, pointing at Valac with one gauntleted finger.

After Valac goes to... whatever he was doing to that blockade... Revenge would follow Shayne. "Here; I'm no battlefield medic, but let me at least tend to that arrow wound you took. I feel responsible for at least the last one, and let's just say, I'm not exactly comfortable with any of the girls getting so... familiar with you quite so soon, Mister Ladies' Man. Maybe the Goliath," the tiefling paladin would muse. "My name is... I am called Revenge. I'm a Paladin of Sehanine."

"Promise me you won't kill needlessly, and we'll get along famously. Once we get that wound treated, you can show off your keen wizardly intellect and figure out an easier way to dismantle that blockade than..." He would look over towards Valac struggling with it. "Well... than that. Afterward, we can ideally part ways without any ill-will."

Revenge himself looks pretty beat up, since Shayne likely saw him get whacked around by that half-orc with a greatclub earlier, but he's not outwardly showing any signs of pain.

Quote:
If Shayne lets Revenge bandage that arrow wound on his back, that's an 18 Heal check to do so, if the DM cares about any actual dice roll for it; otherwise, disregard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 pm
Shayne shrugged, though wanted to point out the difference one arrow and a few stab wounds were to being tenderized; but nothing to mind. A side from creating potions, His knowledge of physiology was lacking... Interesting field, just not one he studied. "Your words wound me more than a thousand arrows, doc." he smiled as he undone his armor for the paladin.

"The dead can't pay taxes," he admitted, "before, the whole bounty thing I always worked with 2 or more guards. Save for two, my spell were picked to control a fight, not start one or end one. So, no worries... You know, half of knowledge is knowing what we have. And aside of hack slash and shot, I am not certain what you do have."  

Noname 51

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:32 pm
((Natural 1s on skill checks are not auto fails but you will need to do better then 11. You can also take ten to try and move it since you are out of combat, that means you are spending ten minutes on trying to move it though.))

Valac tries to move the road block all by himself but he only manages to make it bug a few inches. Valac remembers how burly the bandits were and realizes it probably took at least a few of them to move this into place. It might be easier to move with some help.

Abby would laugh at the exchange between Valac and Shayne and would comment. "I think he let you off the hook rather easily." As for Shayne's answer Abby would simply respond. "If you wish not to travel with us I understand and that is your choice to make, but my offer still stands. I'm going to go check on our precious cargo. I think Valac might need a hand over there with removing that barrier."

Abby turns and heads back to the wagon she jumps up into the drivers seat and disapears through the leather flap covering the front opening. The horse begins to much on some grass in the road.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:13 am
Not one to ask for help nor admit he needs help Valac stood back and considered the road block; mentally breaking it down into more manageable blocks. Once he had in his mind a plan he took off his armour to make it less of a hassle and begun shifting the road block out of the way.

(Taking 10 for a total of 21 on athletics.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:47 am
Revenge would apply a makeshift compress to the wizard's shoulderblade, before beginning to wrap it. "I guess I was lucky. When she decided to shoot me, it was in the front of my left shoulder. Much easier to treat than the back," he would say aloud, a quick passing anecdote.

"Frankly, beyond that, we just have a prayer, one I'm not sure is falling on deaf ears or not. We've had some... difficulties. We're being pursued by a foe that has skilled arcane casters at their disposal, and I think it would behoove us to have someone learned like you around to help counter-act what they might pull." He would pull the bandage tight.

"I suppose we do have the power of song as well," he would muse, looking over at Twyla's direction with a slight momentary smirk. "But if you feel at all beholden to us, I feel we could really use your help, Shayne."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:54 am
Twyla had offered before to help heal the mage, but it was adorable how he and Revenge were bonding, so she didn't want to interrupt.

That left... helping Valac clear the road block. Twyla's arms were skinny as twigs, but she'd read a book about weight lifting once, and she was ready to give it a try!

"Don't worry, Valac the Untiring, I'm coming to help!!" She scampered over to the road block and inspected it carefully, looking for a small piece to start with... and finding none, she just grabbed and pulled!

((Athletics to help move the road block: 23!!! blaugh ))  

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:15 pm
"You sure adding a wanted criminal, wouldn't just add to your problems? Don't answer that, lover boy, We both know that answer. It is true, I owe your lot big. But, bounty hunters will come after me, and I don't like the idea of someone getting hurt because of me." Shayne started to laugh, "You adventuring people are crazy enough... But, I will follow to the next town. Abby, mentioned a noble you have to talk with?"

(Noname's at the hospital and asked if I could post)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:37 pm
Revenge would give a slight smile, even though it seemed forced. "I can tell you from experience, that we'd be drawn into a battle with them even if we were just passing them peacefully on the road by chance." He would press his hand against the arrow wound Shayne got from Kuori right as he said that. "So I wouldn't lose sleep over it. But yes, even a temporary partnership would be much appreciated. Besides, you'll be safer traveling with us than traveling alone."

Stepping back, Revenge would put away the scraps he used to bandage Shayne. "That's because if you do, the bounty hunters won't even notice you. I'd more likely be targeted before you. Considering your 'crimes'... fact is, as far as sexiness goes, I have you outclassed."

Insert token paladin perfect-teeth bling smile and accent zephyr.

"Now, come on, let's help with that..." Revenge would then turn to indicate the roadblock that Twyla had begun assisting Valac with.

"....... blockade."

Huh. Would you look at that. Revenge would rub the back of his head awkwardly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:29 pm
Twyla finds a good leverage point on the blockade by utilizing her whole body finally gets it to begin to budge. Between her and Valac they finally get the road clear enough for the wagon to pass through.

Abby comes back out from the covered part of the wagon and jumps back into the driver seat. "Everyone on board. If we keep good time we might be able to reach the manor house by this evening. " Abby motioned for Revenge to take the passenger seat beside her once more. It seems like her spirit was beging to rise again at the prospect of finishing this leg of their journey.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:20 am
"You are aware, there is a difference affections and second place beatings." Shayne smiles motioning to the scuffmarks and dents pounded in Revenge's armor.

"Whelp, There is a place for brute force and teamwork in the Arcane Axioms..." he spoke amazed at the progress made. "Oh, help me with the cases, we can see what's in them on the road."  

Noname 51

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 am
Valac brushed off his hands from moving the blockade walking over to the extortions of the bandits Shayne was referring to.

"What's this 'we'?" Said Valac looking around to find this 'we' before he continued, "As far as I can tell these spoils are ours so step back."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 am
Revenge would ignore the brewing dispute of 'spoils', and moves to board the wagon.

Suddenly, he stopped. Turning back towards the battlefield, he would begin to scan it.

Quote:
Perception 14 to find a shovel/spade or some other digging tool; if the blockade was constructed on sight, they might have one laying around.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Noname 51

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 am
"Aah, did someone miss his nappy? I am sorry deary, the milk and cookies have been haved out already. You will just have to wait till tomorrow." Shayne smile faded, "Listen, Asshat. I will put it simple, It is ether together, as 3 of your friends want, or not. There is no half ground. Your call..."

Tighting the grip of his staff, he readyed himself for a new attack  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games