Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:12 pm
"The one that we were scouting with." He just rubs the bridge of his nose, sighing. Good help was so hard to find.  
Rain Yupa rolled 8 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 7, 3, 4, 9, 8, 1 Total: 39 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:17 pm
"Come on, come on, little friend. There will be enough time for that another day. Just... not with Chishiyo, if you please..." Jinyu-Zhe would respond, putting his arms around the animal's neck and forcefully diverting its path, hoping it will get the hint and just go back to its pen.

Quote:
Strength/Animal Handling, 5k4 = 19 to deflect the donkey, with a raise for it to consider the request of postponing its intent for conquest.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 pm
"Aye sir. I can imagine the problems, though I haven't seen it myself. Straight through it is. We'll scout ahead, and try to be quick about it. If we find the source hopefully I can just put an arrow through its eye. If it takes more than that the only other option I can see is outrunning it. Do you have any jade in stock?" she continued somberly, understanding quite well the kind of troubles heavy rain brought to horses and especially wagons.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm
"You seem to already know who I am Naomi-san. I never intend to trust the Mantis, their motives are driven by profit not duty like ours." Replied Asura as he followed her gaze to see who else interested her, he couldn't be only the only noticeable face among the crowd.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:39 pm
Aneksi:

Ide Goro would nod to the young Utaku. "The note I gave you instructs our quartermaster to give you and your team such jade and jade dust that we can spare. We don't have much, so make it count." The merchant would then sit down at his desk and look over the assembled samurai. " Anymore questions? If not, then you have your duties to attend to."

Jinyu-zhe and Chishiyo:
The donkey completely ignores Jinyu-zhe's words and actions and drags the shugenja into the Utaku steed's stall! Chishiyo does not sound happy!

Kitsune Juneko can find Aneksi after Aneksi's next post.

Shinju Asura

The tall Utaku smirked. "After what you've done, after who you are, do you expect your name not to be known?"
She would then notice Asura's gaze. "Would you like me to tell you of the key members of this caravan?"

OOC: Int/ Lore Heraldry to see if you can do so without the Utaku's help, Asura!  
Rain Yupa rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 6, 6 Total: 25 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:26 pm
Huffing with frustration, Jinyu-Zhe releases his hold and takes out a scroll. "You asked for it, buddy."

Quote:
Nature's Touch, 3k2 vs TN 10. Result, 13. Donkey-san now understands Jinyu-Zhe perfectly.

"Konbanwa, Donkey-san. I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist this plan of action. Chishiyo is a lovely lady, I'm sure, but you're not her type. Her heart belongs to Aneksi, and you will never be able to win it away. Have you seen Aneksi? She's beauty incarnate. If you've seen her, then you would understand why Chishiyo would refuse to be close to anyone else." Jinyu-Zhe would nod sagely.

"Let's abandon this foolish endeavor and head back to your pen. From my understanding, we both likely have long journeys tomorrow and it will not suit you to be so exhausted prior to your departure."

He would not try to physically deter the donkey yet, hoping to have it lead itself away of its own volition.

Quote:
Requested Awareness/Etiquette [Courtesy] roll, void point for +1k1. Result: 35 because animals care about gaijin names too =_=

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 pm
Jinyu-Zhe and Chishiyo

The donkey appears to be frozen, uncertain of your words....or what he understands of them. He won't move towards Chishiyo, but he's not backing out.  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm
Asura scanned the room and recognised no one and replied to Naomi, "Suuure..."

<2k2 untrained heraldry, Result: 7>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:27 pm
"Aye sir. Well that's a relief, at least. Assuming jade works on gaijin magic at all. But more questions will have to be forthcoming upon discovering more information. I'll report back with what we find out there." she concluded with a salute, before backing down to let the meeting proceed or conclude as it willed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm

"..."

"Can... can someone come get this donkey?" Jinyu-Zhe would call out to one of the other stablehands that would be around, staring intently into the eyes of the animal who was refusing to make a move.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Utaku Jinyu-zhe and Chishiyo:

Around ten nervous moments later a pair of stablehands will come in, very exhausted. They were grumbling until they saw Jinyu-zhe's predicament. "Utaku-sama! What's happened here?" One would say as they try to drag back the stubborn donkey. "Come on, Misao-kun. Don't be this way. The Utaku will have your balls if you keep this up!" Eventually, the donkey will be moved into his stable and the two stablehands bow to you profusely. "Normally Misao-kun is a good boy. He hasn't tried anything like this in years!"

Shinjo Asura

Naomi will point out one blonde haired Utaku. "That's Utaku Lienmei, Ide Goro's youngest. She *thinks* she's here because she's Goro's daughter but....she's as good as the rest of us. "

A Moto in extravagant dress just walked out the door in a somewhat haughty manner. 'That's Moto Maximillian. He's …..eccentric, but Ide Goro trusts him for some reason. The best scrounger or somewhat. " Naomi would shrug. "I'm not the leader of the caravan, so I can't judge."

As Aneksi follows the train out, Naomi would point to her. " That's Utaku Aneksi. She's more of a scout, unlike the rest of us lancer Utaku. She's at least focused on that task from what I hear."

Kitsune Juneko and Utaku Aneksi:
You may meet outside of Ide Goro's tent, if you like.

Yoritomo Misaki:
Whatcha doing?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm
She shrugged helplessly at the frustrated Mantis, tucked a piece of hair into place that might have hardly looked out of shape to him in the first place, and then went to locate the scout, keeping an eye open to make note of anything she could on what and where the supplies were kept as she looked, since he was concerned about keeping them in order- might help to learn more about them if they planned to protect them in better ways than just having her sleep among them.

((If there's a relevant observation, commerce, or lore roll, let me know to make it.))

Locating the sound of the Unicorn's voice first, she paused and occupied herself casually relaxing about, looking up to see her quite entirely by lucky happenstance, outwardly, as she exited the tent after the planning was done.

"Utaku-san, it is good to see you again. I did not get to properly thank you for your fine marksmanship earlier. Like artistry- and may have saved me a mauling." Decapitating the undead that had been in her face ranking somewhere roughly parallel to fine work and aspiring to perfect a craft, in her mind.

Juneko offered a short bow of greeting/thanks.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am
Jinyu-Zhe would wave his hand downward dismissively at the notion. "No, still is a good boy. Being misled by curiosity does not disqualify him. Though, you should give his stall a good once-over, make sure he can't repeat his escape."

Afterwards, once the stablehands left, he would bow respectfully to Chishiyo, before securing her for the night. He would check Chiyuuai as well one last time, before heading off to go make sure dinner is prepared and ready for Aneksi.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:53 am
Asura thought for a moment before commenting, "They don't seem that key, just Goro's favourites. Not to say they're worthless but they're as disposable as us by the sounds of it."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:15 pm
It took her a moment to register She was being spoken to, one Utaku in a camp among a number of others, but her rushed steps slowed to a stop when she recognized the face. "Ah, Yor-uh..." a closer look at the mon, "Kitsune-san. T'were nothing. I wouldn't'a thought to aim for the neck were it not for Misaki's quick thinking."

She pursed her lips and nodded back, moving on to address the coming day while the plan was still fresh on her mind. "Look, I... recognize your competence as a warrior, but your charge is not. We've decided we need to burst through this land, and whatever danger it holds, either by destroying the source of its curse or making it through the territory in one piece. I'll understand if you two wish to remain with the caravan while the danger is at its worst."  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff