Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am
Barely getting her response from the Mummy at all before it started to howl in indignation at the girl beside her, Amra hadn't been paying enough attention to her to have even noticed that she could arouse such a response in an egg. Now she would pay for her foolishness by being insulted by the one boy on the sands she actually hadn't been overly concerned with as he seemed a decent sort. Kambri would pay for that comment but he was already gone, so Akaris became the entire center of the anger boiling over inside of her.

"It started it? An egg upset you so much that you intentionally sparked this response and you're going to claim that the small, yet unborn, child inside of it started it?! You are a fool who deserves whatever punishment you recieve for your complete incompetence. What you bring down on us all rests on your own head, whether you understand that now or not, I promise you will in the future." Standing to look down at her, gray eyes burning with an anger so hot that her little fire lizard flashed her feelings of confusion and alarm in response, Amra scoffed at Akaris and placed her hand once more on the egg before her.

"Not all are like her, pick your future partner well."

With that she walked away and let the realization that she'd drawn even further attention to herself sink in. A shudder passed through her as she realized with Vimiath and Talela still on the sands there was no place safe for her to be unnoticed any longer and her words to the other girl had likely caused some anger. Luckily she'd had just enough self restraint not to say her name and draw that sort of attention.

Stopping short and heaving a sigh, she turned back to the grouping of eggs and placed her hand on The Siren. Just because some had added drama to this particular display did not at all mean that she had to stop trying in her endeavors to find a future partner and the beautiful rainbow on the egg drew her in.

"Hello there, you are a most inspiring egg." to her horror her voice shook a bit as the last remnants of anger left her, "Your beauty is quite something, I'm sure you'l find a wonderful partner."

~Kiana_Nala~
Ooops

Meepfur
Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 pm
A'iel stood a bit taller as A'ral approached, facing his fate head on. A quick glance caught Serfie's look—poor child. It really was all his fault. She had to be so afraid, coiled up with the dragon. He knew Zinath would be gentle, would never hurt her...that didn't change the fact that she was no doubt terrified.

For now though, he had to deal with this. He stood more or less at attention, tired, resigned, but open in his expression. Nasath seemed to shrink behind him, creeling quietly—the bronze was very unused to his rider being the one in trouble. He was the one always messing up...the world was all backwards today. "Sir. The fault is mine. The girl's name is Serfie...Nasath and I came upon her during a sweep some weeks ago." He proceeded to give the story, or at least the pertinent bits that could be expressed quickly. The clutch's father was on the move, and A'ral might need to return his focus there at any time. Serfie had been found, alone and in a near animal state in the jungle. She had been intensely shy of him, but taken to Nasath. She had refused to accompany him back to the weyr, but had turned up anyway, having snuck in under the guise of a drudge. "My first intent was to bring her to you, sir, as Nasath felt she might make a candidate, but at my offer, she threatened to flee the weyr. Sir, threadfall is coming more and more often...I couldn't let her go back out there. I sought to build her trust towards me, and by extension the weyr, before forcing her to integrate...I was unaware she planned to infiltrate the touching, but I will bear the consequences of her actions, as her...guardian."

He could hear her voice raising, though not quite make out what she was saying. She sounded petrified. "...Please sir. Remand her to me, at least for now? Nasath and I will keep her here, but she was raised to think of dragons as monsters. She may be terrified of Zinath..." His concern for her made him flustered, and he couldn't help but glance her way again past the candidatemaster. He'd messed this up so very badly...

Nasath reached out, cooing to Serfie, sensing her distress. It will be alright. You are fine, my A'iel will take care of it. Zinath will not hurt you. She is a good green. I am right here. He couldn't go snatch her up. Well, he could—he was stronger than Zinath, but A'iel had firmly bid him stay put. The distress of the eggs was not helping the bronze's mood, his eyes growing a foul mustard-gray, blending into his hide almost.

Revel1984
Mx Cherie

ShinosBee

Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:11 pm
Meepfur

You would get along with my cousin and niece, Rylyrr thought to the Goblin egg and winced as an egg started to screech and okay, okay. Calm and think. He sent a wave of reassurance to the Goblin and looked over the scene. One very defiant young women, one frantically shaking angry egg. Upset candidates and all that yelling wasn’t going to help.

“I think that is enough yelling, “Rylyrr said mildly, approaching them carefully. He was rather close by and the Mummy didn’t look like there was any physical damage and the clutch father was right next to him, huge and worried. “Can we talk? Off the sands, since I think that might be best.” He kept calm, not yelling at Akaris and did his best to keep his face neutral.

Just think of trying to get the whole story first, like when your baby sibs or niece did something wrong, He thought. “If that is alright with you, miss?” He offered a large hand to Akaris.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:06 pm
Yevalee paused considering. “First, they please, well pronoun wise. That would certainly be a wish and want.” They gave a soft hum, considering. “And why would I desire anything from you?” There was a hint of confusion in their voice, and a soft sigh. “I mean, a relationship built on just what one can give and take really isn’t going to go anywhere pretty is it?” They shrugged. “And some things can’t be fixed.”

“Do you have wishes and wants?” They asked the Demon, and wonder faintly if they were taking too long and cringed as the sound beat around them, loud and wailing. Ouchh, what? Who… just why? They gave a shudder unhappy with the wailing noise of the mummy.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 pm
Joshala (W)
At its invitation, Joshie had decided to stay with the Ghoul for quite some time, offering up her food-related memories to its ravenous appetite. She had many “first time I tasted” tales to share, both delicious and disgusting. When things started getting dicey with some of the higher-strung eggs, however, she said her reluctant goodbyes and quickly moved on to meet at least one more before the Touching ended. She scurried around to lay a palm upon the Djinn Egg. It seems we’re about done for today, but I wanted to at least say hello, even if I can’t stay and chat.

Farinalgo (HR)
The young man was startled in a different way by the odd tingling that traveled up his arm from within the Wraith Egg. These infant dragons were amazing! He was disappointed, however, with how quickly the egg drifted away. Farinalgo also drifted away after that, milling about the perimeter of the clutch while Vimiath was on the move. He found his way to the Siren Egg and knelt by it, one palm resting on the colorful shell. Hello, hello. How are you doing, my fine little friend? At least, he hoped this one was friendly. He’d have liked to end the Touching on a positive note to think about while he lay awake that night. After such excitement, he doubted he’d sleep much, if at all.

Silviu (HR)
Knobby-kneed Silviu was among those who stayed well out of the way of the golden mother once she moved to stand in the center of the clutch. He paced two and fro trying to pick a likely egg for several long minutes, feeling that each one was either off-limits for some reason, or was too close to Vimiath herself. He was near the spotted Hunter Egg when the Mummy Egg suddenly SCREAMED in his head. It scared him so badly that he tripped and reeled forward onto his hands and knees. He was breathing hard and fast, ready to run, and as he scrambled to get up, his hand brushed the Hunter. Though he was frightened, something about it caught his attention and he paused long enough to the egg a proper touch. H-Hello, my name is Silviu. I don’t think I can stay long, but – are you all right? Do you need anything before I go?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Vimiath and Talela
Her mind was one with her dragon’s, so Talela knew instantly just what kind of danger Akaris was in. At the terrible shriek of the red egg, Vimiath’s eyes darkened with raging shades that matched and surpassed those of her child’s shell. The dragon reacted instinctively, a thundering snarl erupting from her throat as she whirled to end the threat to her egg. In that moment, the sweet and sensual creature that was Vimiath was gone. In her place was… a monster.

Talela flung herself at Vimiath, both physically and mentally, desperate to stop what was coming. Even as her body was knocked back by the dragon’s barreling hip, her will clung to Vimiath’s, dragging it down like a heavy weight. There was no time for words. Only a silent scream.

The dragon froze, the entire length of her serpentine body going rigid. Her jaws were cast wide, dagger-like teeth creating a glistening cage of judgement around Akaris’s head and shoulders. The white blades had pierced the girl’s clothing and now pressed against her skin, but had not drawn blood. Ever so slowly, Vimiath relaxed her maw, her eyes whirling a confused array of gray, red and yellow, and she leaned back to stare at the girl she had almost… almost…

I… My child… Talela…? Dearest?

And, quite suddenly, the queen forgot both girl and egg. She went to her fallen rider, who lay very still on the sand.

Quote:
Anyone with the clutch may have been bumped/swatted/stepped on. React as you will!

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 pm
Lennik

It was only because he'd remained so close to an egg that Lennik had not been stepped on or trampled, though he remained glued to the hunter as a mix of awe and horror settled in his chest. He wasn't sure which he watched - the gold or the rider - but his eyes settled firmly on the unmoving form of aunt Tally.

Then slowly towards Vimiath.

Lennik moved to check on Talela

---

Martirae

For all of her control, the sight of the rampaging gold when she was well out of the way caused Marty to freeze, starting at the queen with wide eyes - so transfixed that she didn't notice the woman until the dragon herself suddenly turned to look.

Then her eyes trailed down to the rider that was still in the sands.

For all of her willpower, Marty couldn't power through this. She'd seen enough the first time with her mother. Marty waited on A'rel and Gr'del.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:37 pm
Things were not going well. Not at all. Venn's heart began to beat faster with anxiety and fear as Vimiath surged forward, knocking her own rider to the ground in the process. He held his breath as the huge golden head descended upon the Candidate who had disturbed the Mummy egg and he thought for sure he was about to witness a bloodbath. But Vimiath stopped and turned her attention to her rider who remained motionless in the sand.

"Shards," he breathed softly, a hand coming to his mouth to cover it. Everything was happening so quickly he was sure this would be called off. The hatchlings didn't need to be touched by their One to find them, it seemed that anything further after this would be foolish. He remained where he was against the wall and out of the way for the time being, wishing to help but not wanting to draw the ire of either of the parents.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:41 pm
Truly, Akaris had expected punishment.

It was a given, with the fussy egg's overdramatic wailing, that she would be assumed to blame, because of course a precious dragon could never do anything wrong, and so what if they did? Worship of them was embedded in the Weyr, evidenced immediately by the oh-so-heroic defense of the egg by some silly chit - hoping to impress the Mummy by 'saving' it, perhaps? One lone Candidate attempted to be a voice of reason, and she would have taken his hand were it not for the punishment that finally brought itself to bear, jaws closing around her.

There wasn't even a chance to scream, really, much less for logic to assert that dragons couldn't hurt humans. Time stopped, and then...Vimiath was gone, and Akaris fell to her knees on the Sands, mute.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm
~Phayton~

AND THEN Vimiath lunged toward a girl who was touching the Mummy egg, and Phayton gasped. She wasn't-- she couldn't-- could she?

So intent was he on watching the gold that he didn't hear the cries from the other Candidates. He watched Vimiath stop before she bit the girl in half -- then a tail thwapped him hard on the back as the queen rushed toward her fallen rider, and Phayton stumbled and fell on his face next to the Werewolf egg.

It was then that he saw the prone figure on the sands. "Aunt Tally?...." Scrambling to his feet, he rushed over to Talela's side. "Someone call a healer!"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm
Damon went to the Demon egg for his next choice, the giant egg was bright and eye catching, and well he gave into the impulse.

"Hello there, welcome to the world, I bet you will do wonders with the skies of pern."

He rubbed the shell affectionately, "I'm sure you will be a stand out dragon. Handsome or beautiful as the case would be."

Reenav came to the Demon egg next. "I'm not sure what flowery words yonder harper used for you, but I believe actions speak louder than words. I'm sure you will do wonderfully on hatching day and I will be there to see it. I came from a whole different weyr to see you, High Reaches is cold, but I like it here more, more heat more fun times."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:57 pm
Meepfur

Rylyrr had been in the way and just barely got out of the way of being trampled by massive angry gold at the warning snarl. He didn’t escape unscathed, bruised and somewhat winded by the heavy muscular dragon. It was tight in his chest and ached deeply in his side down to the hip and nearly to the knee but livable.

After a while, it became am I alive, can I move, okay, let’s get up and keep going. He slowly got up, careful and winced at the tinge in his right leg. He was going to have to be careful about putting his weight on it and moved over to Akaris, joining her on the sand and set a hand on her shoulder, silent and just resting. Till she was ready.

“Just… going to be here… till you want.” His voice was tight and breathing was a bit hard and a bit painful. This, well this took the cake in memorable touchings.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:03 pm
Jagmund

What... what happened?

He had been fuming at the girl the green had plucked from the sands just when other Candidates and the father of the clutch, of all things, faced a different girl. Was she the one that upset the egg, or was it the other one? Wait, was that a bronzerider and his dragon outside the sands? What was going on?

He didn't have much time to consider the scene until Vimiath.... transformed. She was a mother coming to her egg's aid, but it was downright terrifying. It was the first time Jagmund had ever been afraid of a dragon. It wasn't just the red of her eyes, either. The way Talela flung herself at her own dragon, desperate to hold her back... that alone told him something was unusually wrong. To his horror, he watched the dragon toss her aside and she crumpled on the sands, motionless.

"Auntie?!" Jagmund threw up sand as he ran to her aid, then felt himself rise in the air as Vimiath's tail lashed and caught him. He let out a shout and hit the sands hard, winding him. But he had to know what happened to Talela, he just had to! He raised himself on his elbows and reached out a hand, as if he could touch her from where he lay.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:18 pm
Ryala

Time had been more short than Ryala had realized. As she awaited the Vampire egg's response, the redhead was aware of the great golden dragon moving furiously against the girl who had erred so seriously against the Mummy egg... and just as suddenly found herself swept off her feet as the queen's tail unknowingly took her feet out from under her. Spitting out a mouthful of sand, Rya turned her head to see Vimiath making tracks over to Talela's crumpled form. Vaguely, she was aware that the fingers of one hand still barely touched the egg next to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladellan

Although he'd known that Vimiath would be angry, Del hadn't quite considered the pure rage that he now saw. She was so blind to all but her target that she...

She knocked over Talela. Her own rider.

Ladellan didn't even think. He left the Hellhound egg, and sprinted over to where Talela was sprawled on the Sands. With the greatest care, he brushed the sand from her alarmingly still form. Was she ok?

With a scowl, he glared at any who dared to come near. She needed a Healer, now. Not a crowd of teenagers.
Teiha
I hope Vimi goes easy on him... but he couldn't just do nothing.

Ryala

Blessed Mage

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm
        Laelia was just about to continue scolding the other candidate for their wrongdoings when Vimiath took the moment in her rage. Laelia saw her a moment too late - she wanted to jump out of the way, but being too slow, as the Gold's jaws closed around the troublemaker, the snout of the dragon bashed into Laelia's face. Her nose crunched.

She groaned out, falling backwards onto the sands, feeling the gush of blood run over her mouth and down her front, staining her clothing. Ugh, she hadn't brought a lot of clothes here... but ultimately, her injury was relatively insignificant, as she realized that Vimiath had retreated, rushing toward her rider who had somehow gotten hurt amidst all the fuss.

Laelia struggled to her feet, carefully using the nearby solid shell of The Vampire to help herself up. Oh, what a mess this had become. Was there any such thing as a calm touching?

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff