Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --!!!--
Welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Another shiny.
  +1
View Results

Simply Keira

Crew

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:48 pm
AstroZeek

The fact they are still not doing social distancing is the most base stupidity ever, that & the person tasked with being Scotland's 'Chief Medical Officer'. Who, today, wins joint 1st prize.

Hey, she apologized!
rolleyes

We do 6' social distancing. (YSR, like most customers pay any attention to that)
We began limiting the number of customers at 1 time in the store, (100?? That's not a limit! scream ) but it's so ridiculous, it's doing us no good. Mulch and flowers seem to be the new "essential".  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 am
Simply Keira
AstroZeek

The fact they are still not doing social distancing is the most base stupidity ever, that & the person tasked with being Scotland's 'Chief Medical Officer'. Who, today, wins joint 1st prize.

Hey, she apologized!
rolleyes

We do 6' social distancing. (YSR, like most customers pay any attention to that)
We began limiting the number of customers at 1 time in the store, (100?? That's not a limit! scream ) but it's so ridiculous, it's doing us no good. Mulch and flowers seem to be the new "essential".

And has subsequently resigned since her position became untenable.

Mulch is good for the digestive system & if you're running low on food buy edible flowers mrgreen  

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:37 am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Oh yay. Heart damage too gonk

because people can't seem to grasp what staying the hell home means! scream

Glad one is suing.  

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 pm
AstroZeek

4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:38 pm
AstroZeek
Simply Keira
AstroZeek

Hey, she apologized!
rolleyes

And has subsequently resigned since her position became untenable.

Mulch is good for the digestive system & if you're running low on food buy edible flowers mrgreen

Ooook.... roughage and greens!  

Simply Keira

Crew

Animal Lover

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:27 pm

One of my Aunt's died last Thursday after being admitted to hospital. She tested positive for the virus, even so - the Doctor wrote the cause of death on her certificate as 'Congenital Heart Disease'. She was a good old age (96) so it seems pointless pursuing it with the hospital but it just makes you wonder how many others are dying without them being one of the recorded figures.

Industry experts say the rise of worker infections and deaths will likely have a ripple effect on grocers’ ability to retain and add new workers at a time when they’re looking to rapidly hire thousands of temporary employees. Walmart, the nation’s largest grocer, is hiring 150,000 workers, while Kroger is adding more than 10,000. Many are offering an extra $2 an hour and promising masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. But finding people willing to work on the front lines for little more than the minimum wage could be an increasingly tough sell, according to supermarket analyst Phil Lempert.

“One of the biggest mistakes supermarkets made early on was not allowing employees to wear masks and gloves the way they wanted to,” he said. “They’re starting to become proactive now, but it’s still going to be much tougher to hire hundreds of thousands of new workers. We’re going to start seeing people say, ‘I’ll just stay unemployed instead of risking my life for a temporary job.’ "

What more can you say to that?

This is just the start of an avalanche. How could they not see this coming?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:28 pm
Nidorous
AstroZeek

4laugh

This is the new in store music to be played on a loop.  

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

Simply Keira

Crew

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:12 am
AstroZeek

One of my Aunt's died last Thursday after being admitted to hospital. She tested positive for the virus, even so - the Doctor wrote the cause of death on her certificate as 'Congenital Heart Disease'. She was a good old age (96) so it seems pointless pursuing it with the hospital but it just makes you wonder how many others are dying without them being one of the recorded figures.

Very sorry to hear of your aunt. sad
What I've wondered all along is how many of us have the virus and never get tested, simply because there's not enough test kits. Folks are contacting their Dr, the hospital, whomever, all with multiple virus symptoms, but are being told to stay home because of lack of kits. That's got to be the lamest excuse ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:36 pm
AstroZeek

Sorry for your loss, that's horrible. Stay safe man.
As for statistics, it's up in the air. Had a coworker whining about that today. She was saying if a pre-diagnosed condition existed and they had the disease and died, they're telling everyone it is from the disease. ( even if they had heart / lung /other thing. ) well, yes, more than likely this corona virus was the thing that pushed them over the edge.

Industry experts say the rise of worker infections and deaths will likely have a ripple effect on grocers’ ability to retain and add new workers at a time when they’re looking to rapidly hire thousands of temporary employees. Walmart, the nation’s largest grocer, is hiring 150,000 workers, while Kroger is adding more than 10,000. Many are offering an extra $2 an hour and promising masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. But finding people willing to work on the front lines for little more than the minimum wage could be an increasingly tough sell, according to supermarket analyst Phil Lempert.

“One of the biggest mistakes supermarkets made early on was not allowing employees to wear masks and gloves the way they wanted to,” he said. “They’re starting to become proactive now, but it’s still going to be much tougher to hire hundreds of thousands of new workers. We’re going to start seeing people say, ‘I’ll just stay unemployed instead of risking my life for a temporary job.’ "

...we need better wages, treatment and stuff. gonk We need to force shoppers to stay the hell home, let us do our job in store while they do theirs by staying out and ordering online. KEEP EVERYONE SAFE. YOU DON'T NEED THAT %$&$*ing item THAT bad.

How couldn't they? Easy. Greed. Inflated profit margins, with competition closed, who is there to challenge some of them? Not many. Limiting shopping options in a lot of areas, retailers want to stock that s**t, fill those spots to stock said s**t, and put s**t out for the idiots that want to risk everyone for said s**t. They might be reporting a loss, but really, there's not much if any of one. While the CEO's are all home in their millions of dollars, we're dying out there for less than we can live off of. gonk  

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 pm
AstroZeek
Nidorous
AstroZeek

4laugh

This is the new in store music to be played on a loop.

Or since the ice cream man has been coming around... ( wtf? ) hack his speaker and start annoying the neighbors and playing this. blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm
Simply Keira
AstroZeek

Very sorry to hear of your aunt. sad
What I've wondered all along is how many of us have the virus and never get tested, simply because there's not enough test kits. Folks are contacting their Dr, the hospital, whomever, all with multiple virus symptoms, but are being told to stay home because of lack of kits. That's got to be the lamest excuse ever.

Yes, it's very sad. Despite her age she was a fit, active lady however, she had signed a Do Not Resuscitate form which meant she was not put on a ventilator which probably explains the cause of death on the certificate.
I think they're a lot more people out there with this disease than anybody knows. The only way to find out would be to have a national screening program but, as you say, the lack of kits means that won't be happening. You can, of course, be tested privately but it's very expensive & the test may come back negative only for the person to contract it the day after. So, unless someone comes up with a simple kit where you can DIY at home the only thing we can all do is take every precaution we can - wear a mask & gloves, practice social distancing and, where possible, stay at home.  

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:17 pm
Nidorous
AstroZeek

Sorry for your loss, that's horrible. Stay safe man.
As for statistics, it's up in the air. Had a coworker whining about that today. She was saying if a pre-diagnosed condition existed and they had the disease and died, they're telling everyone it is from the disease. ( even if they had heart / lung /other thing. ) well, yes, more than likely this corona virus was the thing that pushed them over the edge.

...we need better wages, treatment and stuff. gonk We need to force shoppers to stay the hell home, let us do our job in store while they do theirs by staying out and ordering online. KEEP EVERYONE SAFE. YOU DON'T NEED THAT %$&$*ing item THAT bad.

How couldn't they? Easy. Greed. Inflated profit margins, with competition closed, who is there to challenge some of them? Not many. Limiting shopping options in a lot of areas, retailers want to stock that s**t, fill those spots to stock said s**t, and put s**t out for the idiots that want to risk everyone for said s**t. They might be reporting a loss, but really, there's not much if any of one. While the CEO's are all home in their millions of dollars, we're dying out there for less than we can live off of. gonk

TY, you stay safe too. We're in for a bumpy ride because, right now, nobody thinks this is going to affect them or their families, immediate or otherwise.

The stay at home message is probably the most important of all. It's not a ******** holiday, only go out if it's for essential food items or medication. As Pesty pointed out flowers & mulch are not in that category.

Regarding the law suits, I would expect to see a class action one in the US within the coming months. They have acted too slowly & have not protected their employees.

As for decent, fair pay - don't hold your breath on that one. Now is the time to consider what you really want to do when we come out of this pandemic.
I'm a shareholder in the UK's leading supermarket (Wish I had never bought them but we live & learn). This is an abridged version of an email I received yesterday from Dave Lewis, the CEO...

As we enter our third week of national lockdown, our lives are slowly adjusting to circumstances that were unthinkable just a month or two ago.

Last Thursday, we were given an initial list of 110,000 clinically vulnerable and isolated people by the Government. From this list, we were able to match 75,000 existing customers – and we’ve already let them know we’re making home delivery slots available to them immediately. We’ll continue to work through this list, and, as we receive more data from the Government, we’ll make even more slots available.

We’ve increased our online delivery slots by 145,000 (+20%) in the last 2 weeks, with thousands more becoming available every day. We know it’s still difficult to get an online delivery slot due to high demand, so we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so. This will help free up more slots for the more vulnerable – so please think before you click.

As our stock levels start to return to normal, we’re removing the purchasing limits on the majority of products in our stores. We’ve kept limits on some essential lines such as toilet roll, pasta and hand sanitisers until our shelves are fully stocked again. But we’d still ask you to buy only what you need.

As well as the measures we shared with you previously, we’re introducing one-way aisles and a ‘one-in, one-out’ system in stores. We’ve maintained longer opening hours to minimise potential queuing.

We’ve already confirmed that we’ll pay our vulnerable, pregnant and self-isolating colleagues from day one. We also introduced a 10% bonus for colleagues in stores, distribution centres and our call centre.
From today, all our colleagues will get a 15% discount on all their Tesco shopping for the next four weeks as a further token of our appreciation.
We’ve also recruited 45,000 temporary colleagues to support our stores and distribution centres, given the number of colleagues who can’t work due to COVID-19.

Yesterday we confirmed that we’re the retail partner of SalutetheNHS.org which will provide one million free meal parcels to frontline NHS workers. We’ll donate all the food and ingredients used in the production of these food parcels.

I join you in thanking all our colleagues, and everyone else – NHS workers, other food retailers, suppliers and other frontline workers: thank you all for your service. Dave Lewis, CEO Tesco.

Some genius once told me I would never lose money buying shares in food companies & banks. How times change...

Stay safe Nid.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:52 pm
AstroZeek

TY, you stay safe too. We're in for a bumpy ride because, right now, nobody thinks this is going to affect them or their families, immediate or otherwise.

The stay at home message is probably the most important of all. It's not a ******** holiday, only go out if it's for essential food items or medication. As Pesty pointed out flowers & mulch are not in that category.

Regarding the law suits, I would expect to see a class action one in the US within the coming months. They have acted too slowly & have not protected their employees.

As for decent, fair pay - don't hold your breath on that one. Now is the time to consider what you really want to do when we come out of this pandemic.
I'm a shareholder in the UK's leading supermarket (Wish I had never bought them but we live & learn). This is an abridged version of an email I received yesterday from Dave Lewis, the CEO...

As we enter our third week of national lockdown, our lives are slowly adjusting to circumstances that were unthinkable just a month or two ago.

Last Thursday, we were given an initial list of 110,000 clinically vulnerable and isolated people by the Government. From this list, we were able to match 75,000 existing customers – and we’ve already let them know we’re making home delivery slots available to them immediately. We’ll continue to work through this list, and, as we receive more data from the Government, we’ll make even more slots available.

We’ve increased our online delivery slots by 145,000 (+20%) in the last 2 weeks, with thousands more becoming available every day. We know it’s still difficult to get an online delivery slot due to high demand, so we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so. This will help free up more slots for the more vulnerable – so please think before you click.

As our stock levels start to return to normal, we’re removing the purchasing limits on the majority of products in our stores. We’ve kept limits on some essential lines such as toilet roll, pasta and hand sanitisers until our shelves are fully stocked again. But we’d still ask you to buy only what you need.

As well as the measures we shared with you previously, we’re introducing one-way aisles and a ‘one-in, one-out’ system in stores. We’ve maintained longer opening hours to minimise potential queuing.

We’ve already confirmed that we’ll pay our vulnerable, pregnant and self-isolating colleagues from day one. We also introduced a 10% bonus for colleagues in stores, distribution centres and our call centre.
From today, all our colleagues will get a 15% discount on all their Tesco shopping for the next four weeks as a further token of our appreciation.
We’ve also recruited 45,000 temporary colleagues to support our stores and distribution centres, given the number of colleagues who can’t work due to COVID-19.

Yesterday we confirmed that we’re the retail partner of SalutetheNHS.org which will provide one million free meal parcels to frontline NHS workers. We’ll donate all the food and ingredients used in the production of these food parcels.

I join you in thanking all our colleagues, and everyone else – NHS workers, other food retailers, suppliers and other frontline workers: thank you all for your service. Dave Lewis, CEO Tesco.

Some genius once told me I would never lose money buying shares in food companies & banks. How times change...

Stay safe Nid.

Aint that the truth. People are not grasping this. But if it was some visible thing, they'd be panicking and climbing up walls or burrowing underground and yelling 'stay away'. Which I think is half the issue. Because until it happens to them, they don't see the danger. And that sucks, because they could be disease ridden carriers and spreading it with out being impacted.

Corona = glitter virus

This is true, but can we blame retailers, the government, the CDC, the WHO? I mean, all of them somewhere have kinda dropped the ball, now some are scrambling to pick up slack, some already knew what to do, and have taken those measures in their countries while the others lag behind.

Damn, sounds like they're getting better than we are. gonk
We've limited the number of hours we're open.

What would you invest in if you had the choice now?

Trying. 3nodding

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 pm
a follow up to Aha-I give you Toto's Africa

Incase anyone missed it: take on me

--!!!--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games