Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
The Story That Went On... (Formerly Death Cut. Completed.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am
Ack! *She put her hands to her neck as she was yanked back.*

-----

Handguns are still fine, but if I get something it has to be as quiet as possible because I have sensitive ears. One time I used that *she pointed to a sniper* and it had no silencer or anti-recoil...I couldn't hear anything approaching me and that turned out to not be very good. You should know what I like already with what I asked you to do with my handguns...I like far distant shooting that is quite so that I can remain hidden. But if they are close something to blast them away with would be nice... How do you purpose to test to see if I could carry and aim something heavy?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:17 pm
Bithmar: "Hmm, come with me. Can try in weapons simulator. I know you are very strong from fighting tournament long ago. Am curious about certain weapons for you as well. Will let you try weapons simulator free of charge if you allow me to satisify curiousity."

*They went down the hall and entered the rather large firing range. While there were a few civilians there, there were quite a number of police officers and soldiers firing weapons at various targets. Across from the range was a large counter area with employees working... renting out guns, selling ammunition, making sure everybody was following the rules. Bithmar walked past all these and up to a wall of doors. Each one was rather distant from the other and marked with numbers up to 15. They also had some sort of security pad on the wall next to them*

*The large man seemed to be grinning (hard to tell though since his mouth ran vertically down the top of his head) as he entered a combination, and opened the door. He had Rosemary enter, revealing a rather big empty white space. There was a side room where Bithmar entered, with various controls and panels inside.*

Bithmar: "Simulation is very good. Can be like basic range, or with realistic situations. Is what military use for training soldiers. Come, let's try this weapon."

*He pressed a few buttons, and something large materialized in front of Rosemary. It was on a stand, a sort of powerful looking mini-gun that was four and a half feet in length, with a large rounded box attached to the side (presumably the ammunition magazine for the weapon). The thing was bulky, but with rounded surfaces, seemingly typical of Limbo's technology designs. It had 6 barrels, presumably a rotating design for fast firing. There was a number of settings for the gun as well, all contained in a couple of easy to access switches for firing mods (single shot, several different types of bursts, up to full automatic), and for how fast the monsterous thing would fire. (Fast, faster, nearly invisible). It had side handles to help balance the weight if it were ever lifted, presumably by the more larger and stronger members of Limbo's army.*

Bithmar: "This is Limboian Heavy Suppressor, normally stationary defense gun. Fires powerful crystal ammunition. Is several hundred pounds alone, more when fully loaded. Without outside magazine, can hold up to 500 rounds. What kind of targets would you like to try beast weapon on? Standard? Moving? Perhaps simulated demon attack in location of choosing?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:08 am
*Rosemary tried picking it up once and apparently wasn't ready for it because she swayed forward a little and set it down. She's not exactly used to actually picking up things that are actually that heavy. Of course the next time she picked it up looked like she was lifting a pillow or something really light weight.* Umm...go through that list so I can at least test it and pick somewhere for that demon attack.

*Of course it all ended with bang bang booms with as little ammo used as possible as she swung it around like a rag doll when the moving targets and other things came into play...didn't seem to have much trouble with her foot work either. Luckily it didn't have much of a recoil so it didn't toss her around due to her light weight.*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 pm
*After messing with the weapon for a while, Rosemary discovered she could choose how many barrels would fire at once, thus increasing just how fast the gun went through ammo. In one simulation, it proved rather useful as blade goblin demons came at her from all sides in a forest scenario. They had rushed her at first, roaring death threats, spitting globs of acid and such. But then, she pulled the trigger... the gun let out a somewhat loud whirrling noise as it spewed thousands of bullets per minute. One demon was viciously cleaved in half, a large gaping hole left from where the gun tore through it's stomach, his top section falling to the ground squirming. Another lost it's limbs and head, thrown back from the force of impact of the deadly ammunition. She managed to tear through seven or eight of them in a matter of five seconds, and then the demons started running for cover. In a forest though, the cover was pretty pathetic, as the gun shredded trees and rock easily.*

*One of the demons roared something, and the ground began to tremble violently. Hordes of scythe goblins began to swarm towards her. She had put the gun on full automatic and at it's highest speed setting. Scythe goblin gore and blood splattered everywhere as bodies literally began to pile up. The voracious demons climbed over the bodies of their brethren, only to tumble down in front of the corpse heap in bloody shreds. She fired for a good couple minutes before the weapon dry-fired, and the simulation ended after she bashed in the heads of several goblins with the sturdy and heavy weapon.*

*After that, Bithmar had her try out a few other things. A weapon that was a combination rocket launcher/grenade launcher/proximity mine setter. One weapon that was basically a huge energy cannon strapped to her shoulders, and several guns that had specialized blades that when they slashed something, absorbed as much life energy as possible to power deadly randomized energy blasts.*

*With Bithmar's curiosity satisified, they then tried out some standard assault rifles, shotguns, and the like. He made sure to pick out ones that could be fitted with sound dampening devices, and ones that could be upgraded with many improvements later one if wanted. There was a particuarly nasty little sniper rifle where the round would not only penetrate just about any target and make a huge hole... but it would actually have an AI chip in the round that would do several things... jagged spikes would jut out of the round inside the body, then a randomized energy charge would cause it to explode violently, sending nasty shrapnel out... but *then*, each piece would retravel back and reform the round. The explosion was a controlled one, causing more damage, and *then* it would explode for real after the bullet put itself back together, destroying the round in the victim's body.*

- - - - -
(Jacob's Studying scene)

Jacob: "Hmm, I think I got it this time..."

*The necromancer looked at the folded mess of paper in his hands. It 'somewhat' resembled a frog, but when he put it on the table and pressed it to make it hop, it sort of flipped to the side in a sickly manner.*

Jacob: "I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with th..."

Scythe goblin: "Skrrrgh!"

*The goblin next to him gurgled with glee as it carefully pressed the tip of it's claw into a paper frog it had somehow managed to fold. The thing hopped, and continued to do so as the demon pet poked at it more and more*

*Jacob just stared at the creature for a moment, looked up at Veni, then looked at his sad excuse for a paper frog with some disgust*

Jacob: "Oh, screw this."

*The mage tore up the frog into tiny shreds, then muttered some words as he ran his fingers over the mess. The bits of paper flipped about in the air, then came together to form a small, realisitic paper frog. The thing croaked, then jumped out of Jacob's house, and continued hopping until it splashed into the pond. There, the thing fell apart, all soggy.*

Jacob: "Hah! That's what you get, you lousy frog!"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:05 pm
*The smell of blood even if she couldn't drink that type because it would do more harm than good was intoxicating. Why did the simulation have to be so real anyways? Even though she was killing them off with ease it appeared like she was struggling with something. To her onlooker it appeared her looks became a little more monstrous, hair moving on its own when she stood still, teeth sharper....

Some splashed on her face and she lost it and laughed a little as some of them died. Suddenly she was fighting better almost as if she couldn't kill them fast enough and spill their blood. When she ran out of rounds she began to bash them with the thing until the simulation was over. *

*She seemed impatient for the next weapons and simulations to begin after that looking more and more scary...probably because she lacked the normal self control and her aura leaked and she just looked a little different. Near the end of the tests she seemed to almost ignore the weapon and go at them with her bare hands and whole body almost as effectively as the weapons did. Wounding her didn't really seem to slow her down...in fact she was healing more quickly than normal.*

*When Bithmar said enough Rosemary stood there, shaking a little, trying to calm down a bit and when she did she said,* The sniper isn't so bad. How quickly could that first one be reloaded? Why don't we try out some sword like weapons? Oh and what were you curious about?

---

*Veni watched the frog hop away and didn't seem to notice Jacob's sour attitude.* Oh wow. That was sharp! Much better than folding. Do you think I could learn to do something like that?

Don't let your inability to fold them right get to you too much master. It took me a while my first time to get them to hop too. I'm sure you'll get it right. Besides you seem to work at everything you try to be the best you can be. I don't see why this among other things you've been trying lately would be any different.

*A thought occurred to him after he said that and he seemed a little more downbeat but he didn't seem to want to say anything about his slight shift in mood unless asked.*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:09 pm
Jacob: "I was mostly just venting a little frustration. It's a bit satisfying seeing something that's annoyed me hop off to it's watery grave. I could teach you some of the basics, it's pretty much a puppet golem spell."

*Jacob stopped his paper folding after noticing the slight change in Veni's mood*

Jacob: "Is something wrong, Veni?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm
Oh. I just thought of something you did the other day and what I just said and something struck me. Reading about something is fine and dandy, but in order to do it well you have to put it into practice. Practice in theory isn't the same as actual practice and some things require you to have practiced it once to be able to do it... I suppose a way to undo something is to know how it works completely.

*Jacob looked at him a little confused.*

Those dark spells you cast the other day. You practiced them at one point didn't you? You're a talented mage and I know that, but I don't see anyone being able to cast those as well as you did without at least some practice or someone sticking the knowledge in your head to where you just know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:08 pm
*Jacob sighed a little, putting his elbow on his desk and resting his head on that hand.*

Jacob: "Yeah... sometimes to do good, you have to understand the evil a bit. Some of those, I did practice. I won't lie, some of those spells have an addictive quality to them. It took a lot of willpower and cleansing rituals to keep them from taking over. Others... were done while I spent a small amount of time possessed, during the early days of my curse. I didn't hurt anyone, but I destroyed a lot of nature and wildlife."

"I realize I came really close to casting the Stream of the Damned that day. That one, I have never practiced, thank God. It still scares me a little that I nearly cast such a destructive spell. I learned that one from one of my demons that I rescued from the Niearcim ages ago. He was a powerful mind creature, and was able to share everything he knew by placing it directly into my own brain. It felt like the spell could come to me like second nature if I really wanted it to. Of course, I wasn't about to let myself cast that."

*He shook his head, idly folding a basic paper plane.*  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:17 am
*He decided to ask him about it later...he didn't know that's what he was about to cast. Rosemary didn't say anything except that we were lucky she was able to stop you when she did.* That's why I said the option of someone putting it there. You and Rosemary might be able to do something like that...where you just know how to do something. You might even be able to teach each other stuff without really intending to.

So do you know something that you didn't know that you think came from her? *Veni smacked his fist in his hand.* Oh that bite and such. You almost knew exactly what you were doing and how to do it and I thought that odd for never trying before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:51 am
BlackMN
*The smell of blood even if she couldn't drink that type because it would do more harm than good was intoxicating. Why did the simulation have to be so real anyways? Even though she was killing them off with ease it appeared like she was struggling with something. To her onlooker it appeared her looks became a little more monstrous, hair moving on its own when she stood still, teeth sharper....

Some splashed on her face and she lost it and laughed a little as some of them died. Suddenly she was fighting better almost as if she couldn't kill them fast enough and spill their blood. When she ran out of rounds she began to bash them with the thing until the simulation was over. *

*She seemed impatient for the next weapons and simulations to begin after that looking more and more scary...probably because she lacked the normal self control and her aura leaked and she just looked a little different. Near the end of the tests she seemed to almost ignore the weapon and go at them with her bare hands and whole body almost as effectively as the weapons did. Wounding her didn't really seem to slow her down...in fact she was healing more quickly than normal.*

*When Bithmar said enough Rosemary stood there, shaking a little, trying to calm down a bit and when she did she said,* The sniper isn't so bad. How quickly could that first one be reloaded? Why don't we try out some sword like weapons? Oh and what were you curious about?

*Bithmar actually recognized what Rosemary was going through for what it was... Bloodlust. His kind had a similar problem in serious battles. When he ended the simulation, he gave her time to calm down.*

Bithmar: "Was simply curious to see how you would handle extremely potent weaponry. Even if trained in firearms and knowing it simulation, most become uneasy. Noticing you have bloodlust. Muunk species have bloodlust issue as well. Perhaps be best if simulations not realistic then? Choice is yours."

"First weapon, heavy suppressor, is easy to reload. Just hit release, slap in new magazine, and connect bullet feed tube."

"Yes, melee weapons. Would you like to start with throwing blades, or larger blades?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:00 am
BlackMN
*He decided to ask him about it later...he didn't know that's what he was about to cast. Rosemary didn't say anything except that we were lucky she was able to stop you when she did.* That's why I said the option of someone putting it there. You and Rosemary might be able to do something like that...where you just know how to do something. You might even be able to teach each other stuff without really intending to.

So do you know something that you didn't know that you think came from her? *Veni smacked his fist in his hand.* Oh that bite and such. You almost knew exactly what you were doing and how to do it and I thought that odd for never trying before.

Jacob: "Ah... that..."

*Jacob turned a slight shade for red as the memory came to him.*

Jacob: "I guess that did come from her... the images sort of merged with my own in my head. Somehow I knew that you would like that... I'm pretty sure that... sucking the wound was more, uh, my idea though."

*Jacob pretended to be a bit more focused on tossing his paper airplane out the door, and not doing a good job at hiding the rather slight smile he had on his face as he recalled what he did exactly and how it felt. It was probably also easier to tell he was smiling now, since he had a full face instead of half face, half skull.*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:53 pm
The gun isn't pointed at me so I have no reason to be afraid. *Her normally human-like teeth still looked pointed as she spoke.*

I didn't know your kind has it too. Apparently I really don't like goblin blood otherwise I would have tried to drink some of it. I worry about losing it like that around my friends and hurting them or worse. Do you have to worry about that or are you able to easily distinguish from friend and foe?

*After he answered, she thought about how she wanted the simulation done.* No blood...no blood...I want to be able to think...in fact make the bodies disappear like in some video game the kids play.

Lets start off with the throwing knives. *She knew Veni liked such things and was curious about them.*

---------

You can still have things your own. Maybe you could teach her skills the way that demon did you and she to you.

I noticed you two haven't been arguing over it as much recently...or arguing in general. What is it like to share thoughts with her? Do you have trouble telling if it's your thought or hers? Is it nice to be connected to someone that way?

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:32 pm
Jacob: "Teaching that way is... difficult. I don't have the direct ability to make knowledge just simply known. I could probably ask a few of my demon friends to help.*

*The smell of steak meat suddenly drifted from Jacob's kitchen, and he glanced back in that direction. A blade goblin was busy cooking a number of meat slabs on the large flat grill top Jacob had in his kitchen... it proved useful for cooking a large amount of food rapidly for the various hungry mouths. Already, demons were forming a line that lead from outside, to inside the kitchen, a crowd forming.*

Jacob: "Not cooking outside tonight, Greg?"

Demon apparently named Greg: "Nah, didn't feel like gathering up enough wood to start the bonfire. Looks like there's going to be a nice calming rain tonight anyway, so we'll have a picnic in the caves. Don't mind me cooking in here, do you?"

*Jacob simply shook his head*

Jacob: "No, of course not... cook me something after you take care of the others though, would you please? I'll probably be hungry by then."

*The demon simply gave him a 'claws up', and turned his attention back to the grill, adding spices and flipping over steaks.*

Jacob: Ah, sorry, where was I? Oh... yeah, Rosemary and I haven't been really arguing because I guess we got adjusted a bit. It's a bit of a different experience, is the best way I can put it really. Sometimes a thought will pop into my head, and it'll take me a moment to realize I didn't think of it. It feels more... merged, if it's more mental imagery. Becomes a bit more confusing to tell which thought belongs to who with those."

"I suppose it feels a little nice, though it was hell in the beginning. We kept stepping on each others toes a lot.*

*Jacob laughed at a sudden memory*

Jacob: "In fact, one of the things we argued about was you. A couple times, I guess she left some thoughts unguarded and they involved you... and me being as overly anxious about my own attractions, wondered why the hell I suddenly started picturing you in my head in your u... Uhm"

*He stopped himself, then looked away, turning red again*

Jacob: "Ah, nevermind. It was just an amusing argument is all, although we both didn't think so at the time. Hmm, it's getting dark. Maybe I should start studying some of those books now.."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 pm
BlackMN
The gun isn't pointed at me so I have no reason to be afraid. *Her normally human-like teeth still looked pointed as she spoke.*

I didn't know your kind has it too. Apparently I really don't like goblin blood otherwise I would have tried to drink some of it. I worry about losing it like that around my friends and hurting them or worse. Do you have to worry about that or are you able to easily distinguish from friend and foe?

*After he answered, she thought about how she wanted the simulation done.* No blood...no blood...I want to be able to think...in fact make the bodies disappear like in some video game the kids play.

Lets start off with the throwing knives. *She knew Veni liked such things and was curious about them.*

Bithmar: "I not worry anymore. Muunks trained to control bloodlust as young child. Teachers provoke, and help control bloodlust. Still, takes many decades to learn control. Your bloodlust maybe different, but maybe can help give pointers on control? Make it so not worry too much, and use bloodlust for good. Bithmar not mind helping to teach."

*They started out with simple throwing blades, in a variety of styles and materials. Several different ones carved in crystal appeared to be the most durable and sharpest, but also the most expensive. There were also a few sets that used randomized energy as well... apparently like many weapons of Limbo. It would leech life energy from it's target once embedded, then the weapon would teleport itself back to it's specially designed holster. The next time it was thrown, it would randomize the energy it had absorbed, and use it against it's target, causing greater damage. The special shock it caused was enough to temporary stun or paralyze most targets, save for the much larger creatures.... still, more damage was always better.*  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:00 pm
Oh...heh. *It was Veni's turn to blush a little...as much as he was able to anyways. He was sitting on the floor and did a hand motion and the doors into that main room shut.* Must be pleasant once you get used to it. She had been trying to keep things out for so long...and now she's sharing. I wonder what it would have been like if we had that.

Ah well if we did another thing would be missing and I'd probably be a bit lonely now and quite jealous. *He got up and purred a little.* It's nice to know she still thinks of me like that after all these years... *his hand touched Jacob's face and caressed it. A lot of the other man's blood had rushed to his face. How did he feel about Jacob anyways? Had the necromancer accidentally fell for their tricks that they couldn't turn off that made them more attractive to humans?* and I guess I like it that you don't mind so much anymore.

*The vampire pulled away and looked around a bit.* Well let's get started then. The night is finally here. Give me something you know I can at least read. You know...it would be nice if you had something more comfortable than these straight backed chairs that you could sit more than one person to...like a couch. Maybe I'll get you one since I suggested it.

----

Wouldn't hurt...maybe I won't get beat up so often because I'm trying to not do that...

*As she played with various throwing knives and eventual blades she wondered the same thing Veni wondered: how did she feel about Jacob. Alzamus had said that it sounds like the man had some feelings for them...so how did she feel about him? Certain emotions were more human and hard for a vampire to easily feel...so she wasn't quite sure.*

Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games