Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:17 pm
Mac now felt as though he had to explain, "I just wanted to know if there was anyone or anything under the sea nearby that would cause us any trouble..." he said with clarity. "...Because I feel I have to do something new. Its just this feeling" he explained.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:02 pm
User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua looked pleased with himself about figuring it out. "We're not exactly familiar with the merlanguage. I only know a tiny bit. And for humans, both kinds are called seaweed."

He breathed a quiet sigh of relief to know that the others would be okay. Glancing at Nezik and Tianara, he smiled and nodded. "That's right. 'Coast clear' is an expression, asking if there is anyone around." It amused him to have to explain things that were so normal to him, yet such foreign to the others. He paused, a thought striking him, making him laugh quietly. It had occurred to him that this is what he must seem like to the merfolk, unfamiliar with so many things.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 pm
Tianara and Nezik both nodded to Joshua's explanation, looking somewhat like a pair of twin bobblehead dolls. "But why would the coast need to be clear?" wondered Tianara. "It sounds like you're afraid of people being around, like we're afraid of ships being around. I thought humans liked being in clans."

Nezik, however, was distracted - and unnerved - by Mac's words. "You have to do something new?" he asked uncertainly. "That doesn't sound good...will it wake the others? They can't be disturbed right now, or they're not going to heal all the way. Can it wait at all?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:29 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

"There are somethings people prefer to do alone or in a small group. Sometimes it's better if there isn't people around." Joshua explained with a smile. "And there is the odd person, like me, who prefers to be alone." His smile disappeared at Nezik's words. His amber gaze flickered to Mac. "If it's going to disturb the others, then don't. We'll do it another day. We need everyone at full strength. Which means letting the others rest." He wasn't going to do anything that might jeopardize the merfolk. The needed their rest and he wouldn't do anything to wake them. They would wake in their own time.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 am
Tianara frowned a little, trying to think. Was there anything that she remembered the merfolk doing alone? Without their clan? Well, there was Sorry of course, but Sorry was a special case. She'd left her clan to avoid family issues. And since it seemed she was on the brink of falling in with their wishes and agreeing to the union with Narcis, she would probably be welcomed back into the fold with open arms fairly soon.

Thinking of Sorry and Narcis made her finally remember one of the few things merfolk were private about. "Oh! You mean like courtship?" she asked Joshua. "Do humans do that alone?" Merfolk did - they were very shy about their courting rituals.

Nezik tilted his head as though listening. "I think someone's awake," he announced. "I'll be back in a sec." He vanished under the water again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:58 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua blushed but nodded. "Yeah. That's one thing." He was about to say something else but was distracted by Nezik's disappearance. "I wonder who's awake....." He murmured, idly trying to guess. Would be Katalina? Or maybe Narics or even Jinx? Another thought crossed his mind so he turned to Tianara to ask. "What tipped his off that someone was awake? What did he hear?" Joshua suspected that it had been something more mental than an actual sound that the young merman had heard.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:14 pm
Tianara looked surprised at Joshua's blush. Why was he embarrassed? she wanted to ask. Before she could, he changed the subject. Still curious, but willing to go along with it - she could always ask later - she shrugged. "It won't be Sorry," she said with assurance. "She pushed it too far. I'd be surprised if she's not the last one awake. Probably Jinx - they're younger and more resilient. Plus Narcis wouldn't have let her do too much."

When he asked his question, she turned to him in surprise. How could he not--? Oh. Right. He was human. Born and raised human. She kept forgetting. "Merfolk have...I guess it's kind of like a mental field of vision," she said, trying to explain it as best she could. "But you have to be focusing on certain other merfolk for it to work. Nezik probably was keeping himself tuned in to what they were thinking. As soon as someone woke up, they would have felt him there and he would have felt their thoughts tuning in to his. So he knew someone was up."

She couldn't explain it any better than that, so she hoped he understood.

There were a few minor splashes. Then Nezik surfaced again, with Jinx (as Tianara had guessed) in tow. The Siren still looked mildly sleepy and perhaps a touch annoyed, but even that didn't diminish her dangerous beauty in the slightest. "Hi," she said, waving at the assembled group. Then her eyes sharpened. "Where's the old man and the Mermaid Girl?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:25 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua listened, a confused look on his face. He thought about what Tianara had said, trying to work it out. After a moment, his face cleared and he smiled. "I think I understand now." He wasn't positive, but he figured he had a grasp on what she was trying to say, though he would never understand it quite like she did as he wasn't raised with the merfolk.

It didn't matter though as he was distracted by the two merfolk surfacing. "They went back to their own place for the night." Joshua told her easily, gesturing for the young siren to look behind her. The sun had sunk into the waves and darkness was overtaking the sky, stars coming out to shine.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm
Tianara wondered if he really did get it, or if he was just saying that to appease her. It didn't really matter, though. If he really wanted to know and didn't understand, he would have said that he didn't get it. Right? She couldn't imagine why not. So she flashed him a quick smile.

Her attention was caught by the rising moon. She shifted uneasily, looking from Joshua to the merman and the Siren. "Nezik," she said abruptly, "maybe you and Jinx ought to go stay with Sorry and Narcis until they wake up."

"Oh, it's just Sorry," Jinx told her. "Narcis was waking up when I left."

"Yeah? Good," murmured Tianara. "But still, you four should maybe stick together." Her gaze rose to the moon again, and she shivered once, hard and briefly. "I don't have a good feeling about tonight."

Nezik surprised her by nodding slowly. "I thought it was just me," he muttered. "It's okay, Tia. Narcis is still with Sorry, and we're together. We'll make sure we don't go off by ourselves. You do the same, though, right?" He looked from her to Joshua to Mac. "You three should stick close. I think we'll all be pretty impatient for the morning way before sunup comes."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua looked from Tianara to Nezik and back again. Bad feeling? What were they talking about? He looked confused but nodded. "My cabin could hold us all for tonight." He sounded perplexed as he offered. He wasn't sure what the merfolk and Tianara were feeling. Whatever it was, he trusted them. He'd already seen Katalina prove that they had better instincts than humans did.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 pm
Tianara looked at Joshua. "If it has a door," she replied, "a good, sturdy door that can lock, that's exactly what we need." She eyed Nezik. "Are you sure there's no way to convince Sorry to--" she began.

"None whatsoever," replied Nezik firmly. "She'll just get all haughty and insist that she doesn't need their help." He shrugged. Jinx was also apparently feeling the effects of whatever he and Tianara saw coming - she was glancing around, looking cautious and uncertain for the first time since most of them had met her. "We'll find a place to go to ground, don't worry."

He smiled up at the three of them. "But we'd better do it before it gets too dark. I'll get Narcis to take Sorry. We'll see you in the morning," he assured all three of them. Then he and Jinx took their leave, moving rather quickly even for merfolk.

Tianara looked at the two boys. "What he said applies to us, too," she said, speaking quickly and rather unevenly. "We need to find a place to go to ground before it gets too dark. Where's your cabin, Joshua?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:03 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

"It's got a door that locks." Joshua assured her, gesturing for them to follow. He gave the rising moon one last glance, wondering what was scaring all of them. Whatever it was, it was making him nervous and he didn't like it. So it was at a quick pace that he led the others up the beach and into the trees.

There, just barely hidden behind the screen of trees, was a small cabin. "I'm not quite sure what you'd consider sturdy, but I think it is. I had it built to survive the storms that sometimes sweep the coast here." Opening the door, he gestured for the others to precede in. "It's not big but it's enough for tonight." The inside wasn't overly big and there was only two rooms - A main room and the bathroom. A single bed was tucked in the far corner with a dresser next to it. To the right of those entering was a small desk, it's surface cluttered with papers. To the left was a stove, sink and counter, and a small fridge.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm
Tianara stepped into the cabin and looked around. She seemed to be judging it, though what she was looking for was impossible to say. At last, she nodded. "It'll do," she said, with the I hope implicit behind it.

Her gaze kept turning to the doorway, and the moment they were all inside she went around and shut the door firmly. Then she turned the lock and looked at Joshua. "Do you keep a key outside anywhere?" she asked. "I don't mean to be annoying," she added, a trifle embarrassed. "I just...I know some humans do. Do you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua nodded slowly. "One, yes. I'll bring it in." He said, figuring that would be her next question. He padded to the small window above the sink. It faced the sea, just barely visible between the trees. Opening it, he reached out and groped under the sill for a moment. He brought back in a small silver key then closed the window. With a glance in Tianara's direction, he locked the window too. "Whatever's got you guys nervous is making me nervous." He admitted with a small smile. "I don't know what you're feeling - I can't feel it - But I'd trust your instincts over mine."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm
Tianara offered a small, slightly tremulous smile in return. "It should," she replied as she watched him put the key away. "We don't exactly know what we're sensing either - it would feel much better if I knew what was coming." She sighed, sitting cross-legged on the floor. "I just feel like being with a clan, or I guess being in town with a lot of people around us, would be much safer for all of us right now." There was a touch of wistfulness in her voice as she added, "I wish we could get Sorry and the others in here somehow - it'd probably be safer - but they'd dry out if we kept them in here all night."

She rose and looked out the window at the rising moon. "They'll find somewhere to hide and ride it out. When things like this happen, they always do," she murmured. It sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than either Joshua or Mac.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games