Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm
But how can I practice something if I don't even know how to make it work? Even today, Smok didn't get bigger until I started getting really frustrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm
Daniel looked around, but nodded his head a little.

"Well, it wouldn't have to be an all the time thing. But yeah, but every now and again, have someone in here. Playing good music."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:46 pm
{{YAY PAGE 200!! biggrin Congrats to Kits for getting the first post on page 200! XD}}

Amy nodded. "Exactly. I had the same problem, though I still didn't do anything when I would get frustrated. You just have to keep practicing, even if you aren't accomplishing anything. That's what I did. I mean, one of these things by themselves might not help at all, but for me, doing them all together eventually helped."

Amy took another bite of her cinnamon bun and then completely changed the subject a few moments later.

"So, I have Karrie and Sakura as possibilities for art displays. You have Liada and yourself. Do you think you might want to make a larger painting or something to display? Karrie thought of it, and I'd sure like to see a large painting done by you! Oh, and do you want to ask Rod if he'd like to display something? Can we think of other people?"

There must have been a lot of sugar in the cinnamon buns.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm
Jessi smiled and glanced over at Amy and Kits. "That's a good idea. We tried it with the summer crowd and Decorera's band, but nothing ever came of that. Live music might go over better in the winter when you have the music in a nice warm building... Oh my gosh! What if we had it during some literary readings? I heard Amy and Kits talking about having readings just a little bit ago. It could be a night completely dedicated to the arts!"

She grabbed Daniel's hand and rushed over to Amy and Kits. "Hey girls! Listen to this! Daniel had a great idea."

Jessi went on to explain to them what he had thought of and what Jessi had expounded on.  

Jessi_Deramis

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 pm
*nods* I'll try... thanks for trying to help.

*takes a bite of her cheesecake while she thinks* I could try to do a larger painting... I haven't done anything very big for a while. Rod probably would have something he could display...

*listens to Jessi's idea and nods* I was thinking about that, actually... since we're including other forms of arts, why not music?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 pm
Amy smiled and nodded. "You're more than welcome, Kits! I hope it helps. Please come and ask me more questions if you have them. I love being able to try and help you with magic!"

Before she could comment on the other things, she heard what Jessi said and looked at her and Daniel.

"Guys, that's a great idea!"

She looked over at Kits, listened to what she had to say, and actually started bouncing a little bit on the couch. "This is awesome!!!! Man, okay, so, we need to keep our ears open for art pieces to display, writers, and bands! This is so great!!!"

Amy got up. "I've gotta go home since it's getting late and I don't want to freeze out there. Daniel, Jessi, if you don't mind, I think you both should head out, too. It's way too cold out there. Of course, if you two feel safer staying here, you're more than welcome to just spend the night here. I'm going to go home and share these ideas with Karrie!! You all have my cell, so text or call me with more info if you get it!"

Beaming, she started jogging out of the lounge. When she got to the door, she thrust her arm in the air, yelped in excitement, and then headed to the pet area to pick up her kittens.

{{Sorry for the quick exit, but I gotta go. Bed time!! Since today was so stressful, I promised myself I'd go to bed early. Please feel free to mod Jessi out, either of you. FS, if you're not comfortable doing it, Kits has some experience doing that a little bit. smile Up to you two! Hopefully see you all tomorrow. Stay safe in this storm!}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm
*watches Amy leave and shakes her head* I don't think she needed the sugar in that cinnamon bun... sweatdrop

*looks back to Jessi* Do you have a ride home?

*Jessi shakes her head* No, I was planning on walking.

*glances out at the snow with a worried look* You really shouldn't walk home alone...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm
((Well, FS is offline, so I'll mod Jessi home.))

We'll walk you home, Jessi. Your shift's over, right? *when Jessi agrees, she, Kits, and the dragons go over to the pet spa to get some pet food, which Kits places in a waterproof bag and secures to Smok's back. They then return to the lobby, where they all bundle up for the walk. Before they leave, they duck back into the lounge to say good night to Daniel. Then they walk out into the cold* Well, at least it's not snowing so hard.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 am
Walking into Aqua Springs, Daniel finds it mostly closed down. There aren't currently any guests or customers, and even the lounge is eeriely empty. Dropping his bag behind the reception desk, Daniel plops down in Jessis's chair. Pulling a small booklet from his bag, the owner's manual to his keyboard, Daniel begins reading over the operations and functions of his new toy. Propping his feet up on the desk, he keeps an eye on the front doors while he reads.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 am
{{I'm going to post with this account as Jessi b/c I don't want to run IE right now as well as everything else I have going.}}

The phone at the information desk began to ring.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 am
{{Just something I wanted to throw out there ahead of time: keyboard instruction manuals don't actually teach you anything about how to play... at least not the manuals I've seen. Might be some sheet music in there, but mostly it just explains the features, set up, and maintenance. It assumes that if you bought it, you already know how to play or are getting lessons.}}  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 am
ThisEmptySoul
{{Just something I wanted to throw out there ahead of time: keyboard instruction manuals don't actually teach you anything about how to play... at least not the manuals I've seen. Might be some sheet music in there, but mostly it just explains the features, set up, and maintenance. It assumes that if you bought it, you already know how to play or are getting lessons.}}

{{ Thus the reason I wrote "operation and functions", not "how to play on". }}

Daniel flipped the manual closed, a thumb keeping his place. Pulling his feet off the desk, he leaned forward and popped the phone up off the receiver.

"Aqua Springs, Daniel here, how can I help?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 am
{{Was making sure Daniel didn't become a bad movie cliché rofl I've seen it happen before.}}  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 am
{{Okay, I should be on here more often now. smile Went to go play my PS2 b/c I could!! Why could I? Oh yes, b/c I HAVE NO WORK! XD}}

{{Still early this morning, and I'm posting Jessi on here instead of EE even though she's calling from her apartment.}}

Jessi sighed in relief when she heard the phone stop ringing on the other end and a voice finally responded.

"Oh thank God! I've been calling for the past hour and this is the first time someone's picked up! Wait... Daniel, is that you?"

A smile could be heard in her voice when she asked if it was Daniel on the other end.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 pm
{{ No worries. My availablity has been spotty at best thanks to rolling blackouts. Or as ERCOT likes to call them, "rotating outages". }}

Daniel leaned back in the chair again at the sound of Jessi's voice. He hadn't even realized he had sat up straighter just to answer the telephone.

"Hey Jess.Yeah, just me here. For the most part."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games