Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 pm
User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

"Alright. I'll wake you, I promise." Joshua said, but he might as well have been talking to the wall. Tianara was already asleep. Carefully so as to not wake the girl, he moved off the bed, easing her into a laying position. He pulled the blanket over her, tucking the girl in. Brushing back a stray strand of hair, he murmured quietly. "Sleep well."

Joshua sat on the floor not far from the bed, casting wary glances out the window. Now that he knew what to look for, he hoped he would be able to feel the thing coming. If Tianara couldn't hold it off on her own, then he had no chance to. His only hope would be to wake her fast enough. For now though, he tried to dwell on less depressing thoughts though he stayed wary.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:54 pm
Tianara had dropped into sleep like a stone, and didn't so much as stir when Joshua tucked her in. After a few minutes, a soft voice spoke up, sounding as though it were next to Joshua's ear. "Well, survived the first assault? Is Tia okay?"

It was Katalina, who had apparently woken up sometime during all the chaos. She had not been able to reach Tianara, and sensibly deciding that it was probably because the girl was asleep rather than because she was dead, the mermaid had turned her attention to Joshua.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:59 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua, lost in his thoughts, jumped at the sudden words. He breathed a sigh of relief when he realized it was Katalina. "We survived. Barely. Tianara called it a draw, actually." His gaze flickered to the sleeping girl and he shuddered, remembering the borrible feelings. Shaking his head, he returned his focus to the mermaid. "Tianara's completely exhausted and sleeping like a rock right now. Asides from that, she seems to be fine."

((I'm off to bed. Night!))

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 pm
((OOC: Goodnight! See you tomorrow!))

Katalina was silent for a moment. "Exhausted?" she asked finally, sounding a little worried. "That isn't good, Joshua. That really isn't good." She seemed to muse on this fact for a moment or two. "Being tired is one thing, but if she's totally exhausted, that meant it got in farther than is safe. Take good care of her. Did she ask you to wake her up if it came back?"

If she had, Katalina was now going to countermand it. If Joshua had seen nothing to worry about in Tianara's behaviour, that meant it probably hadn't gotten in all the way. But if she had to hold it off again...

Katalina shook her head. She knew the other three were listening in - she was allowing it, actually. They were all concerned for their little ocean child.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:56 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua's brow furrowed as Katalina spoke. "Yeah she asked me to wake her if it comes back. But she's sleeping so deeply I don't know if I COULD wake her." He waited a second then asked. "She wasn't letting either Mac or I look out the window. Is that why she's so exhausted?" He felt a stab of guilt, that it could partly be his fault Tianara was so drained.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:18 pm
Katalina seemed to hesitate, then finished her own thought first. "Well, don't. If it comes back, call me or Nezik - we'll support you. Let Tianara stay asleep as long as you think you can protect her; sleeping folk are especially vulnerable."

She trailed off, then seemed to decide to answer his question. "If she didn't let you two look out the window, that means she decided to take the worst of the Dark One's strength away from you. Looking out the window - looking directly at it, really - is like a challenge. She directed its attention to her and away from you. It isn't your fault, Joshua," she hastened to add. "It was a choice she had to make. In her place, I'd have made the same one. Neither of you are likely to know how to deal with the Dark One's full attention, that's all."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua held his breath as Katalina trailed, wondering if she would not answer. "Alright." He seemed quiet, subdued. He glanced at Tianara and shuddered. If what he felt wasn't even the full strength, then he could only imagine what she had felt. He sighed though, knowing that she'd been right to take the brunt of it as neither Mac nor Joshua even knew what the thing was. Just because he knew it was the right choice didn't make him like it any more though.

He shook his head, returning his attention to Katalina."Well, I know what to look for now so I'm keep an eye out for it's return." He told her. "And Tianara's resting well so I don't think there's really anything to worry about at this exact moment."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:49 pm
Tianara shivered briefly in her sleep, but other than that did indeed seem to be (as Joshua had said) resting well. Katalina, who couldn't see this, had to take Joshua's word for it. "All right," she said uncertainly. "If you need help, or even if you just want to talk or anything, you know how to reach me." She fell silent, and a moment later the connection flared again briefly. "Nezik feels it coming back, he says, but he thinks it's headed our way now. Be careful - once it's done here, it'll likely try for another shot at you. If you can't reach us..." She paused, then finished, "Only wake Tianara if you have to. Be safe, Joshua." And the connection petered out.

At almost the same time, Tianara stirred briefly, her hair falling over her face. A few whispered words escaped from her, disjointed and seeming to make no sense. Then she sighed softly in her sleep and seemed to settle once more.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:56 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua tensed at the news. "Stay safe." He whispered to Katalina. He didn't like the thought of the Dark One heading towards the merfolk anymore than he liked it coming back. He glanced at Tianara as she stirred. He scooted back to beside the bed, watching her worriedly. He relaxed slightly as she settled again. Without thinking, Joshua reached up and brushed back the wayward strands of dark hair. He leaned on the edge of the bed, watching Tianara.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:16 pm
Although Katalina did not reply, a sort of warm glow seemed to flow briefly through the link, taking with it everything she would not have time to say before the Dark One reached them. Thanks, Joshua. You too. See you soon.

Tianara's sleep seemed to have begun to interrupt itself - she was stirring now in fits and starts before going back to sleep. At last, she gave a soft, strangled gasp and her dark blue eyes snapped open, finding Joshua's quickly before moving on. "What's happening?" she demanded, sounding anguished - but a lot more coherent than before. "I felt-- it's gone, I can tell, but where did it go?"

She didn't even try to sit up - her body warned her that she would regret it. So she looked at Joshua again. She didn't repeat her questions, instead just waiting for an answer.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:53 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua was grateful for the warm glow. It made it easier to bear thinking that the others would soon be facing the Dark One. He hoped they would have an easier time though, with more of them and knowing what to do.

He jumped, pulled his hand back as Tianara spoke. "You're awake!" The words blurted out of his mouth before he could think about it. He hadn't thought anything could wake her from that sleep. He looked at her sadly for a moment but didn't try to hide anything. "It's moved on to the others. Katalina just said Nezik could feel it coming. They're preparing to face it." He sat cross-legged, hands resting on his knees.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Tianara sighed. "I probably shouldn't be," she admitted. "I'm still tired. But that's the thing with the Dark Ones. They'll exhaust you completely, but you - well, I - never have to sleep long to be mostly restored."

She listened with a grave face to Joshua's words, then nodded. "That gives us more time to prepare," she said simply. "They'll be fine - not only do they know how to handle it, they've got at least one pair of new lovers there, Joshua, remember? Love is like anathaema to the Dark Ones, especially new love, when it's all giddy and happy." She smiled. "I doubt they'll have much trouble." Her words were reassuring, nearly as much as the fact that she actually seemed to believe what she was saying.

Sitting back, she said quietly, "It'll come back for another assault as soon as it's recovered from them. They're buying us time, but not much - we're by far the easier target. It'll come back to us."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:23 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua nodded slowly. He hadn't thought of that. But then again, he didn't really know much about these Dark Ones. Hearing the confidence in her words though went a long way to putting him more at ease. "Alright." He murmured, chosing to believe in her words. He want them to be true.

Joshua pulled his knees to his chest, arms wrapped around. He looked thoughtful. "So it'll come back. But we'll be better prepared, right? Because now you have a chance to better explain what we need to do to help you?" He seemed unsure, making the words a question rather than a statement.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm
((OOC: Holy s**t. These Dark Ones are totally going to be the base for an RP I just thought up, like right this moment thought up. >.>))

Tianara hesitated, and seemed to choose her words very carefully. "Well, I..." She was silent for a brief moment. "Well, yes. I guess so. But you have to understand, Joshua, that there's only so much you two can do to help me." Her eyes rose up to his. "If you try to take on too much, you might draw its attention to you instead. And that's the last thing I want, okay?"

She didn't specify why - perhaps she figured that there was no reason to frighten him or Mac. Sitting back, she said after a minute, "So. Like I said before, positive thoughts. The Dark Ones thrive on dark emotions - pain, grief, horror, hate. They love that stuff. If you don't have it in you, they'll try to plant it in your head - that's why it feels the way it does. You have to keep it out, because once it's ensconced itself, there's no way to get it out." She smiled a bit. "Luckily that isn't too hard. It just requires some focus. You need to keep positive emotions and memories foremost in your head, no matter what else tries to intrude. The Dark One will almost always focus the brunt of its power on one person in a group - usually whoever looks directly at it and challenges it. If no one does, it'll pick the one that feels like the easiest target. The rest will feel its power, but not to the same extent."

She shrugged one shoulder. "The way to help that person is, again, to channel positive feelings, but towards the target in question. It'll sort of...boost them, I guess. Help them." She looked almost shy suddenly. "Does that make any sense?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

((That sounds neat. If you decide to make the rp, let me know so I can check it out!))

Joshua closed his eyes adn rested his head on his knees, focusing on Tianara's words as she spoke. When she finished, he was quiet for a moment, then sighed. "So there's not really much we can." He said softly, still not looking up. "Is that how your clan fought off? I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that the more people in the background with their positives thoughts, the easier it is?" He asked, turning the thoughts over in his mind. "If there's more than one that looks directly at the thing, then what happens? Does it pick the weakest target? Or does it become confused by so many challenges?"

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games