Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Tianara shrugged. "Every little bit helps, Joshua. If it hadn't been for you and Mac, I wouldn't have survived the first round," she replied. Listening to his assumptions, she smiled. "Yes, and yes. We have the strongest, bubbliest, happiest person in the clan challenge it, and then everyone else backs him or her up. The more people backing the person up, the easier it is for the challenger to push the Dark One back."

At his next question, she frowned. "To be honest, I don't really know. We've never tried it - we don't mess with a system that works. I would assume it would choose the weakest of the challengers, but since I don't really know how it thinks, I suppose it's possible that it would become confused, or back off entirely because it didn't know what to do."
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:53 pm

User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua was quiet, thinking. After a moment, he lifted his head and shook it. "Alright. Thanks Tianara." He said, flashing her a grin. "We'll be fine." He tried to sound confidant. "But we need you at your strongest if we're going to fight it off again. Which means you need to sleep again. Even you admitted you probably shouldn't be awake." He gestured for her to lay back down again. Tianara was the main focus point of their defense. She had to be at her strongest.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Mac listened without talking for awhile. He didn't exactly help much, he knew he could have done better, but he wanted to make Tianara fend for herself so she could become stronger. He knew she was powerful, but next time he'd prepare himself. He never had any negative feelings, and was usually either neutral or happy. "I just didn't realize they could project their energy through the barrier. They still can't get in themselves, but surrounding the place was very interesting" he said. He got up and looked outside, "Seems as though its not here at the moment" he said, "I don't think you need to worry now, I'll help you guys out. Don't worry about me, I never have a problem with negative feelings".

A business woman walked down the street. Her walk constant with her serious expression. The dusk's remaining light was almost gone. The streetlights were illuminated. She made her way to the mayor's office and entered the door. A secretary looked at her, "May I help you?" she asked. "I need to speak with the mayor, its urgent" she said. "Well would you like to make an appointment?" the secretary asked. "No, its urgent" the business woman pleaded. The secretary pushed a button and spoke into the microphone, "Sir, there's someone here to speak with you" said the secretary, "Send them in" a voice replied. The secretary directed the woman to the door and she walked in.

The Mayor was in his 40's and very professional looking. "Hello, and what would you like to discuss?" he asked. She looked at him seriously, "There have been very unusual things going on around here. Just the other day, some people have reported seeing monsters, and other paranormal things" she explained. He looked at her with skepticism, "What on Earth are you talking about?" he questioned. "I myself can't explain much either, but I have evidence that several youths are connected to it" she said. He looked at her with slight confusion, "...I'm not sure what to say, but until I have evidence, I am not going to act upon this" he said to her. She sighed, "In that case, I will let things be and things should happen again as before. Just don't let your town be jeopardized when you have been warned, because its not my problem" she finished before he had any time to say anything else and walked out. He looked at her with unsureness, "Well...goodbye?" he said with befuddlement.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 pm

((OOC: Exhausted. Going to bed. Don't go too crazy without me. razz ))

Tianara smiled briefly at Joshua. "Don't worry about it, Joshua - I'm sure you'll be all right." She didn't seem to realize that using you as opposed to we might worry them. "It'll be a while before it gets here. Use the time to think of good things. Make it hard even for the Dark One to approach, and..." She stopped, smiling, when Joshua gestured for her to lay down. "Okay, fine. Don't forget to wake me," she murmured, settling back on the bed, only to immediately sit up again when Mac spoke.

"No, Mac," she said firmly. "You don't understand. It doesn't matter if you're normally happy - didn't you feel what happened last time? If the Dark One can't find any bad feelings in you, it'll just force them on you. They'll come in if they can get into any one of us enough that they can make us open the door or the windows." She looked despairingly at Joshua. A very faint whisper seemed to brush his mind - human-to-human mental contact was still pretty hard for Tianara. Merfolk were so much easier. "Don't let him look out the window anymore, Joshua. Please look after him until I wake up - he's the most vulnerable of us all in some ways, because he doesn't understand the danger."

With a slow sigh, she lay down once more and her eyes closed again, but she didn't settle immediately into sleep this time.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua frowned at her choice of words. He rather hoped that they'd all be alright. Actually, he was more worried about Tianara, having to bare the brunt of it's attack twice. "I'll wake you." He murmured dejectedly. As much as he hated it, she probably was the best choice to be the focus point.

He glanced up at Mac in surprise. He jumped at the quiet whisper then turned to glare at her. "Don't strain yourself!" He told her, worry making his voice sharper than usual. He relaxed slightly and continued it a calmer voice. "But I will be watchful." He answered her without really let Mac know what he was talking about.

((Okay. Goodnight!))

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm

He smiled and closed his eyes, Its alright, she doesn't understand, I'll give her that he thought. Other's have tried to posses him before, but his will was far more powerful, and his previous adventures were very dangerous.

He began to get tired, and he sat on the floor. "Well, I guess I'll sleep on the floor" he said. He began to lie down and slowly drift away despite being on the floor.

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:51 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

"You and I both." Joshua murmured to Mac. But rather than sleep, he sat with his back against the bed, legs crossed, watching out the window. He let his body relax but he kept his mind sharp, feeling for the Dark One or Katalina. He just listened to the mental silence, waiting for news one way or another. He took comfort from the odd star that could be seen out the window.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Mac slowly began seeing something, a dream. It was of his friends he left behind. Their faces were comforting. More than so, he missed them. The thought of seeing them again made him joyous. He then saw something evil headed towards Aria, "No, I'm the one you want!" he said inside his own mind. He began feel his body shift and streaks of mist swirled around him, and hurriedly replaced himself in her position pushing her out of the way. A bright light engulfed everything and Mac woke up.

About 2 hours passed by, and he looked at the ceiling and wondered. He finally realized he just was dreaming. He sat up and looked around to see if anyone was awake.

((Right now, he looks exactly like Aria, but he doesn't know it.))

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm

It was so strange - she knew she was dreaming, and yet she couldn't help but believe that she was awake. It all felt so real.

She was cold, so cold. Standing there alone in the dark, hearing whispers - but she couldn't make out what they were saying. A soft shiver passed through her. Whatever was being said, she knew it wasn't good. The cold seemed to be pressing into her bones as she stood, silent and watchful.

What was she waiting for? What was she watching for?

She didn't know. All that she knew - all that mattered - was that she had to watch, had to wait. It
(he)
would be here soon, and she would know.

The whispers grew louder; the cold was growing unbearable. And the dark was closing in.

With a sharp breath, Tianara's eyes opened and she sat up. Her dark hair was tangled, but her face showed no trace of sleepiness. The dark...closing in.

"It's coming," she said, and her voice was cold and certain. "It's on its way. I hope you two have some good memories handy."

She didn't look at either of them. Instead, her gaze turned out towards the window once more, and automatically she reached out - as though looking for someone to take her hand.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:11 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua listened to the quiet forest sounds. Soon he began to get fidgety and he couldn't sit still. He felt cold, despite the warm night and a shiver ran down his spine. Recognizing the signs, he turned to wake Tianara but just as he reached out, she sat bolt upright. "I know. I can feel it." He told her quietly. He didn't look at Mac but turned his gaze to the floor. From the corner of his eye, he saw the girl reaching out. Remembering how it had seemed to help last time, he took her hand and moved up to sit beside her on the bed.

The thought kept turning in his mind, over and over again - What would happen if two people challenged the Dark One? He was almost obsessing over the idea, wondering if it would help Tianara. He didn't want her to suffer the thing's wrath alone again. Making a snap decision, one he would probably regret later, he raised his amber gaze to look out the window firmly.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:24 pm

((OOC: Feel free to choose for yourself what he feels and sees. Just make it appropriately depressing/terrifying/angering, please? smile ))

Tianara stiffened as the darkness began to close in. Then she felt Joshua's hand in hers, and the simple strength that came from the contact made her relax. Not much, just a little.

But then she caught what he was doing, just as the darkness began to envelop the house. "No!" she half-hissed, half-cried, reaching out with her free hand as though she intended to turn his head away. Even as she reached out, her eyes stayed locked on the window - like hell she would allow Joshua to take the creature on alone.

Something like a low chuckle seemed to emanate from the darkness outside the window, making the house shake. Tianara's hand tightened desperately on Joshua's.

As the darkness grew, Tianara felt only the secondary effects. She realized despondently that yes, just like she'd figured, the Dark One had chosen the challenger least likely to be able to force it back. All she could do for Joshua now was support him. Summoning all the positive memories she could - all the love and hope and joy she'd felt over the entirety of her life - she forced it towards Joshua, pushing through the difficulty of human-to-human mental contact.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua felt as if he'd been dunked in ice water, chilling him to the bone. He realized belatedly that Tianara had been right - The thing had gone after the weaker challenger. He moaned as he felt the feelings the creature forced on him. He hadn't realized what the girl had gone through last time, shielding him and Mac. Now he did.

A sense of hopelessness rose in him. He was just an untrained human! What could he do against the Dark One? But then his determination rose up. He would hold it back. He wouldn't let the thing at his friends. Trembling, he kept his gaze locked on the window, trying to call up his happiest memories. This time he went even farther back, to the joy he found in escaping lessons as a child to swim in the reefs.

The house shook as the darkness tried to force itself upon Joshua. He watched in muted horror as his mind showed him the reefs being destroyed, the waters poisoned. He could see the merfolk, trying to breathe the disgusting water. Joshua was shaking like a leaf, trying to keep focused on the happier memories.

((Good enough for you?))

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

((OOC: Lovely. 3nodding ))

Tianara felt him shaking, and knew that she was not getting through. Channeling all the love and warmth and general good energy she'd ever felt in her life, she wrapped her arms around him and pushed everything she had at him - and at the Dark One trying to get in. Out! Out!

Reaching out with what little concentration she could spare, she shrieked mentally to Sorry to help, to help him, he was going under.

Immediately there was a response. The wave of good feelings was almost strong enough for Tianara to lose contact with Joshua - she nearly forgot about the Dark One entirely. She could only hope that it was coming through with the same strength to Joshua. In case it wasn't, she pressed what they'd given her towards him as well. He needed all the support she could give.

It's a lie, Joshua. Everything it's showing you, it's all a lie. This is reality. This.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Distantly, Joshua could feel Tianara holding him. He was startled by the sudden rush of good feelings. He latched onto them fiercely, like a drowing man to a life preserver. They helped him recall the good memories. His trembling slowed a little bit as he began to stand his own against the darkness which didn't please the Dark One at all. Joshua, supported by the others, was holding it off. He forced himself to think of the clear ocean, filled with the happy merfolk, no pollution staining the waters.

He tightened his hold on Tianara, drawing strength from her. He sat straight up, facing the window, his brows furrowed in concentration. He pulled every happy memory he could think of, fighting off the Dark One's last desperate try. 'No! No, it's not real!' He forced himself to realize, ignoring the images of the waters stained red with blood and the sounds of merfolk dying. 'It. Is. Not. REAL!' Joshua shoved at the darkness one last time. Slowly, it began to fade and the normal nighttime could be seen out the window.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 pm

As the darkness faded, both the good feelings and the bad gently seemed to vanish with it. The merfolk let go of the contact, leaving just the two of them. And slowly, uncertainly, Tianara at last released Joshua. She was shaking nearly as badly as he was, and her breathing was laboured - her concentration had been so fierce that she'd forgotten to breathe for the last couple of seconds.

The first words spoken were sharp with a thin sheen of anger, with the very real fear just underneath. "What did you think you were doing?" Tianara demanded, still shaking. She was blinking very quickly, and her eyes were too bright. "Did you not hear anything I told you? You could have died, Joshua." She shuddered once, and the anger broke, leaving only the fear behind. "That's what the Dark One does when it takes over - the original soul dies."

She turned away and rested her elbows on her knees, covering her face with her hands. Her words came out muffled. "Please, Joshua. It'll be back again. Promise me you won't do that again."
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games