Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 pm

User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua winced at Tianara's sharp tone, finally tearing his eyes away from the window. "I'm sorry....." He whispered in a broken voice. "I just....wanted to help." He shuddered, his trembling returning. This time though it was from exhaustion. Now he knew why Tianara had fallen asleep almost right away. It was just so draining, trying to fight the Dark One. "I....I won't......Won't do that.....Again." His speech was disjointed and broken. He shook his head slowly, trying to fight the fog that enveloped his mind. His amber eyes rolled up into his head as he collasped to the bed, deeply asleep.

((I'm off to bed. Night!!))

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

((OOC: Night!))

Tianara's gaze softened. He was tired, she thought. It would probably take him longer to recover than it did her. She would yell at him later. On second thought, maybe she wouldn't, she thought, looking at the exhausted face. Joshua had learned why she had protected them.

Gently, she brushed back his hair, resting her hand lightly on his cheek for a moment. "I know," she said softly. "You just wanted to help me. I know, Joshua. It's all right."

She rested her hand over his while he slept, hoping she could be of some comfort to him. The nightmares that usually came after one's first encounter with one of the Dark Ones could be...devastating. She couldn't protect him from those, but she hoped it wouldn't be so bad with someone else watching over him.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 am

((Note, Mac still looks like Aria))

Mac felt all the disturbances, and finally had enough. He sat up, and looked at Tianara and Joshua from the shadows. He was feeling the need to take care of this.

Nira watched from her chamber as she waited. She seemed a bit bored. "Ugh...I know I can't get in that place, or see the ones in there...but there's always a chance a Dark One can persuade one of them to come out and play" she finished with a giggle. "Lets try again".

Mac felt the presence again and stood up. He had a gaze that portrayed serenity. He looked out of the window with complete disregard of what either Tianara or Joshua had to say. Suddenly he felt a blast of what seemed like air. This blast was a wave of fear projected from a Dark One. Mac's gazed still viewed on forward, and his position ever still. The blast of fear only slightly affecting him, and his heart drove him to stay.

He was in a void and the Dark One was closing in on him. "Hmm, you cannot hope to attain me" he said. It reached for him with a midnight-hued appendage. It tried to grab a hold of Mac, but suddenly he began singing through Aqua's voice. The beautiful melody rang out and seeped through the entity, causing it to writhe in pain. The thoughts from everything he's ever loved surged forth. It was too much for even it to handle.

It burst and disintegrated into nothingness. Mac was back in reality and smiled, "There... now... I can sleep..." he said tiredly. He slowly fell to the floor and fell over almost instantly sleeping.

((still Aria))
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm

((OOC: ...I guess I should probably fill you two in on how the Dark Ones work eventually, so that I don't have to keep doing repair-jobs for posts that don't make sense. >.>))

Tianara, who had fallen into a doze, started awake when she felt the darkness shifting, returning, and then...vanishing again. She began to relax - perhaps it had changed its mind - and then she felt it shifting and reforming. Her eyes widened. Someone (and here she glanced suspiciously in Mac's general direction) had managed to banish it - its physical form - however briefly. The Dark One itself, of course, wouldn't be harmed by this; the creature was nothing more than an amalgamation of negative energy, possibly mindlessly hunting for extra power to add to itself, possibly with a sort of rudimentary cunning, possibly incredibly intelligent. Tianara didn't know - they were not her special study.

All that this would do was make it angry.

With a sigh, she sat up again and called to the merfolk to help her. This had just turned itself into a very, very long night.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

(( >.> I figured you would want to do something like that so I didn't post this morning.))

Joshua's sleep had been dreamless at first, sheer mental exhaustion preventing anything. Soon though, the first wisps of nightmares began drifting into his mind. He curled up into a ball on his side, shifting restlessly. As the darkness decended on the house again Joshua began shaking uncontrollably. He whimpered, feeling the darkness even in his sleep but he was so tired that he didn't wake.

As the darkness left, Joshua calmed down slightly but he was still shaking, the nightmares firmly embedded in his mind now. He made quiet sounds of distress, his face filled with an expression of agony. He was lost to the shadows of his mindscape, a leftover effect of fighting off the Dark One.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

((OOC: Thank you, Lucky. You're very thoughtful. 3nodding ))

Tianara heard Joshua's soft whimpering. Her eyes softened marginally, and she directed her thoughts silently to the merfolk. Within seconds it was arranged - they would use her to banish the Dark One should it return again, and what concentration she had left over would be used to protect Joshua. He was asleep, and thus an easy target. It didn't occur to Tianara to protect Mac as well - she had all but decided he had been the one to banish its physical form the first time, and so he would be fine.

She made her way silently over to the bed once more and rested her hand gently on his forehead. He probably wouldn't wake from it - it was a very gentle touch. She was simply making sure it was nightmares only, and no residue of the Dark One remained in the boy. Satisfied that there was not, she sat beside him on the bed and sang softly in the merfolk tongue - old lullabies her mother had once sung to her. They weren't magical or anything; they were sheerly for comfort. Tianara didn't really know what else to do. If they were just nightmares, she couldn't do anything for him except let him weather them and wake up.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:46 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua quieted again. He was still shaking but he was no longer whimpering. He seemed to take some marginal amount of comfort from Tianara's soft voice. He clutched at the pillow, burying his face in it. He didn't want to see the images in his mind, didn't want to hear the voices pleading for help. Yet he couldn't seem to force himself awake. The only thing he could do was grit his teeth and wait it out. He waited. And waited, hating himself more and more. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't help the ones in his dreams.

Suddenly his amber eyes flew open and he was gasping. He was still tired but he couldn't take the nightmares anymore. He groaned, rolling onto his back. "That was not fun." He muttered with a yawn. It was only as he tried to sit up that he noticed Tianara. He jumped slightly, then looked down. "I'm sorry. Are you still mad at me?" He asked in a small voice.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Tianara watched him quieting, but knew that the dreams were not subsiding. She had been through this already. There was nothing for it but to ride it out, and to interrupt it would be just to do him a disservice. So she kept singing her lullabies, and waited. And waited.

When he woke up, she touched his shoulder very gently. "But you survived it all right," she said quietly. "And it won't be so bad after this. The first time is always the worst." At his question, Tianara blinked mildly, then laughed. It was a soft, weary sound, without much humour in it. "I was never mad at you, Joshua. You scared me half to death, that's all."

And yes, fear had led to anger and she had snapped at him. But she had calmed down, and the half-maddening terror was gone now. "I really do have good reasons for most of what I tell you, you know," she told him now. "But you were just trying to help. It's okay."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua hung his head, looking at his hands resting in his lap. "I thought that if the Dark One had two challengers it might get confused, maybe even back off." He said quietly. He was relieved to hear that Tianara wasn't mad at him thought. He didn't like having people mad at him. He sighed. "I guess I really should listen to those who know more." He said, glancing up through his bangs, quirking a half-smile.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 pm

((OOC: Last post - I gotta go to bed. Goodnight!))

Tianara smiled a bit. "It was worth a try," she reassured him. "Who knows, it might even have worked; if we'd had two challengers who both knew exactly how to handle it, it might have backed off. It just picked on you because it knew you were a beginner. At least, I suppose that's how it works," she brooded, frowning. She had never actually studied the Dark Ones - it was something of a dangerous course.

She smiled and gave him a brief one-armed hug around the shoulders. "If you always listened to people who knew more than you, you wouldn't be here today. How many people who know more than you have told you that the seafolk didn't exist? Testing is good. Just not when it could involve your life."

Absently, she rose and looked out the window. "It'll be light soon," she remarked. "If the Dark One wants to try again, it'll have to be in the next couple of hours."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

((Okay. Night!!))

Joshua had to laugh quietly at Tianara's words because they were true. "I suppose you're right." So many people, all with various degrees and things to say they understood the ocean, had tried to tell him seafolk didn't exist. But he had seen and talked to many of them. So many, he knew it couldn't have been a figment of his imagination.

He glanced at her as she rose. He frowned, glancing out the window briefly before lowering his gaze to the flood. If the Dark One came back, he would leave it to Tianara. She was better trained than he was. He was still so tired that he knew he would fail if he tried to stand as the challenger. "I hope it doesn't try. We're all so tired from the attacks."

Speaking of attacks, that reminded him. "That wasn't just you helping me was it?" He asked quizically, remembering the sudden rush of warmth that had supported him in his badly picked fight. That couldn't have all come from just Tianara could it?

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 pm

((Hey, we need to post what the others are doing as well))

EG Water

Seeker

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Mac moaned slightly, sleeping, yet hearing what was being said.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm

((OOC: What others? The merfolk? They aren't doing anything. They're riding out the Dark One, just like the humans are. razz ))

Tianara smiled a bit as she gazed out the window, waiting patiently for the dawn. "You sound so shocked," she teased gently. "Is it so amazing that I could be right for once?" She glanced back briefly, and the smile had spread to her eyes, erasing the worry for the first time all night.

"Oh, it will," she replied to Joshua's fear. "Not more than once, though - and I doubt it'll be as strong as the first two times. It's less interested now. Backing it off twice has made us less desirable targets. Now if you'd fallen, things would be different. But as it stands, it's okay." She left her post at the window - sort of - to look around entirely, smiling a bit.

Her smile widened a little at his question. "No - no, it wasn't," she replied cheerfully. "I'm not nearly positive enough to generate that kind of energy. What you felt was mostly Sorry and Nezik - I'm sure Narcis contributed some, and Jinx, but they're more neutral personalities with worse memories. I called to the merfolk and they supported me, and I passed it on to you."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

((And if you mean Allen and Aria, they're at home sleeping. The Dark One isn't concerned with them.))

"Well that figures." Joshua shook his head and smiled. "Nezik is about the happiest person I know." He didn't think he'd ever met anyone so happy and undaunted as the young merman. It seemed no matter what, Nezik looked on the bright side. "Thank you though."

He reached out, trying to kind Katalina with his mind. He didn't want to think of what would have happened if he'd lost to the Dark One. "Katalina? Thank you. Thanks a lot." His thanks were fervent - He knew what he owed to the merfolk for coming to his assistance.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games