Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 pm
@ Post-Courtier Debates:

Doji Kita would let out a bemused snort at the notion of Hisashi's intended sacrifice. "I assure you, you would be of greater service to the empire with your tongue intact. Don't be so hasty to make a sacrifice once when you can serve indefinitely." Resting her hands on her lap, she would nod at a servant that showed up who came to refill her cup with tea.

"Your ambition has made its point. Though in momentary peace, recent times have been troubling ones. If we want lasting peace, always keep the good of our empire in mind with every act you do, with every word you utter. Samurai such as yourselves are the foundation for our future. Make sure it's a strong one. That is all." she would tell Hisashi, drinking from her cup.

Prior to dismissal, the following rewards are given out:

Yoritomo Hisashi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Courtier Debate. Hisashi is also awarded 2 points of Status by Doji Kita, Jade Magistrate.

Note that a point of glory, status, or honor is 0.1; a rank of glory, status, or honor is 1.0

Upon leaving the hall, the only samurai he would see would be Shinjo Gemmei, waiting patiently.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:47 pm
Hisashi would bow politely, and finish with an "Arigato gozaimasu, Kita-sama." He would then leave the room quietly. As he left, he would kindly acknowledge Gemmei's presence, but say nothing. He decided it would be best to not taint the significance of Kita's summons. After all, beyond Kan's telling him to show up, he was in the dark about what was going to happen. He figured it was only fair (and somewhat polite) to let the others see for themselves.

He decided to go see if the Go tournament was still going on. He had a bit on his mind before sleep would come, and returning to his tent right away was not the best use of his time, he thought.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 2, 3 Total: 12 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
It wouldn't be long before Kyumi would be facing her final opponent of the competition. This time, it would be a Dragon Man. He would only wear a vest on his upper body, revealing a lithe form decorated with ornate tattoos, as if in a scripture or cipher in some unknown mystical language. The top of his head was completely shaven, leaving only his eyebrows and a small fine beard. He appeared to be in his mid-twenties, but carried himself confidently.

"Greetings, Kitsu Kyumi. My name is Tamori Makoto. I will be your next opponent this evening." He would flash an assuring grin, reaching over to the nearby table and picking up a trio of white stones. He would toss them up and catch them in his other hand in one quick swipe, splaying his fingers for Kyumi afterwards, a stone lodged neatly between each one.

"I leave the choice of playing style to you, fair Kitsu maiden. But I warn you now; I seek to master them all."

Kyumi took the sight of the Dragon shugenja in; her eyes momentarily pausing on the more ornate looking parts of his tattoos. She'd never seen anyone tattooed in such a manner, and her lingering glances likely gave that away.

"It's nice to meet you." Kyumi flashed him a friendly smile before continuing. "I'll do my best to not disappoint you. I'll start, if you don't mind." With that, she went to take the seat of the black player and began the game.

((4k3, 11 vs TN 5))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm
@ Go Competition:

"Very well. Then let us begin, and test the limits of our wits and cunning!" Makoto would respond, winking and taking up position opposite of Kyumi.

ROLLATHON, GO! scream

Makoto calls 1 raise. {Games: Go check of 18 vs TN 10.}

Kyumi, your TN is 15!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 2, 1 Total: 15 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 pm
@Go Competition:

ROLL ROLL ROLL~

4k3, 14 vs TN 15. 1/3 Failures. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm
@ Go Competition:

Just rolling, rolling, rolling!

Makoto calls 1 raise. {Games: Go check of 21 vs TN 15.}

Kyumi, your TN is 20! Makoto is ruthless!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 2, 1 Total: 16 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:31 pm
@Go Tournament:
D: Why so mean, Makoto? WHY SO MEAN?! crying

4k3, 16 vs TN 20, 2/3 Failures.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:33 pm
@ Go Competition:

Makoto has a fever, and the only cure is more GAMES.

Makoto calls 1 Raise. {Games: Go check of 23 vs TN 20}

Kyumi's TN is 25!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 9, 8 Total: 27 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm
@Go Tournament:

No! NO MORE GAMES! NO MORE GAMES! crying

I... WAIT, WHAT? HOW DID I EVEN MAKE THAT ROLL?!

4k3, 25 vs TN 25, 2/3 Failures  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm
@ Go Competition:

Defeat is inevitable, Mr. Anderson cool

Makoto calls 1 Raise. {Games: Go check of 21 vs TN 25. Failure 1/3}

Kyumi's TN is 25!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 2, 8 Total: 22 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:41 pm
@Go Tournament

4k3, 22 vs TN 25, 3/3 Failures.

If this somehow makes it again, I am going to be shocked. XD

And we're done!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm
@ Go Competition:

Kyumi would find out that, as genial as he may seem, Makoto plays to win, and held nothing back against her. She managed to hold on longer than she expected, but his cunning and in-game ruthlessness overpowered her.

She would find out that Toyoko's match had actually ended much sooner than her own. Sumi quite thoroughly trounced her fellow Clanmate, showing her own level of aggressiveness.

Winner: Tamori Makoto
Winner: Asako Sumi

The final matchups would pit the Crane Asahina Kenichi versus the Phoenix Isawa Toyoko, while the Dragon Tamori Makoto would compete against the Phoenix Asako Sumi.

Kenichi would actually be off to a promising start, but Toyoko just kept staring dreamily at him. His concentration would be broken, and would find himself incapable of concentration, allowing Toyoko to squeak out a victory.

The game of Sumi vs Makoto would be a close one. Makoto had the cunning, the desire, the wherewithal to pull out a victory... but seemed rather shaken that he always was one step behind Sumi. Every move he made, she countered, not allowing him the opportunity to set up a power base. He was baited, and he fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Winner: Isawa Toyoko
Winner: Asako Sumi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After the final match was over, with Makoto and Sumi's game going over an hour long, Raicho would call everyone before her.

"It is done. Everyone has competed against everyone else, so there is nothing more at this point, except for me to declare the victor of the competition. Everyone played admirably, and I will record it as such."

Kuni Raicho would turn her attentions to the smallest, weakest one there. "Without a doubt, Sumi's skills were top notch, as she won each and every one of her games. She is without question, the winner of the Go Competition."

Sumi would push her glasses up the bridge of her nose, nodding in acceptance. Though she said nothing, her smile reflected what she had said to Kyumi, and most likely, all her other competitors. That maybe, she really was the unquestionable superior player in the group.

Kuni Raicho would turn to the Dragon competitor next. "It was a close call between Makoto and Toyoko, but the former did prove to be the victor over the latter in the first round. As such, the runner-up prize belongs to you."

Tamori Makoto would nod in the explanation. "I may not have won the whole competition, but now I have set the bar for myself. I promise that I will strive to better myself by my next such competition," he said humbly, bowing to Kuni Raicho, then once more to the rest of his opponents.

"You are all excused. Keep honing your minds, and ensure that you work hard to improve upon yourself. Do not settle on your current level of skill; there is always somebody better, so become better than they." Raicho would stand, bowing abruptly before turning and leaving.

In addition to possible victory points, the following players receive these rewards:

Kitsu Kyumi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Go Competition. 1 point of Honor for showing sincere courtesy to your rivals.

Note that a point of glory, status, or honor is 0.1; a rank of glory, status, or honor is 1.0

--------------------

Sumi would gather her things and leave without saying a word to anyone.

Since the game boards were still left, Makoto would mill about to see if anyone would still be interested in a game (this includes ALL samurai, just not the Go Competitors). If not, he would call it a night and head out.

Kenichi would leave with all due haste, seemingly embarassed about something. Toyoko would have no idea what you're talking about.

Toyoko would go up to Kyumi, bouncing happily. "I almost won! I have almost no experience playing either, and I almost won! I'm so excited right now!" she would exclaim. Reddening only slightly, she would then add, "And that Asahina man... he's dreamy, don't you think?" She would then let out a heavenly sigh.

Kyumi, do you want to remain, or leave?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 pm
The night of Day 1 grows late. Does anyone have someone they wish to chat with, or anything they wish to do, before Day 2?

If not, Day 2 occurs sometime tomorrow!

Also: Everyone who competed in Day 1 gets 1 experience point, which they can spend in any fashion of their choosing! You may bank it, of course. Please inform your GM about any experience expenditures. Experience must be spent between days, prior to learning the next day's competitions.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:22 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro would come back with two cups of tea. If Naizen was right in his reading of events, then Maru may well wish for one. The Bushi could only wish that Naizen was successful and at the very least discrete in his actions.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Indeed, after not long, Soshi Maru would storm into the tent, throwing the flaps out of her way as she walked by. "Ohhhhhhh!" she grumbled angrily, plopping down with a slight bounce. "It was hardly fair! She missed my point entirely!" Maru would fume, crossing her slender arms over her chest.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games