Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 pm
these next three i enjoyed doing. Unfortunately i did them for some out of towners so i wasn't able to see the end of these projects. the first one was a forearm tat. the other two were for the back of the legs on the calf i enjoyed these and wanted to see these two to the end but his vacation ended before i could do more than just the line work.. i was so hoping to do the coloring (these two i got props for by my supervisor )

trinidy forearm tat carbon transfer

koi tides L leg carbon transfer

koi tides R leg carbon transfer overlay  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm
So I learned sketching with a soft brush is much MUCH better than using the pencil tool. I tried inking with the freeform pen tool at first, but thought if just trying to get one line done was going to be that tedious, then it isn't something that I would stick with if I really didn't feel like inking stare Doing it by hand is just so much more satisfying even if the lines aren't as crisp.

I also tried using my tablet with GIMP just to see how differently it works {and knowing I should be at least somewhat familiar with it before I try writing a tutorial on how to color with it}, and for whatever reason, it wasn't registering anything I did with it emotion_eyebrow Perhaps it's a setting I need to find and figure out. I know GIMP -is- compatible with tablets, but apparently unlike with photoshop, you can't just plug in your tablet and start using it with the program or something. emotion_eyebrow

Anyhow, I'm already I'm seeing a big improvement in my hand-drawn linework with
this compared to "Molly". And I like what the tablet lets me do with the hair emotion_kirakira  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 pm
eek O-oh....oh my.... redface I- I think that's a bit too hot for Ryzan! gonk *tries to tear eyes away from sketch* crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm
Oh ho ho... it could have been hotter emotion_dowant I had an internal debate for a while on whether to go with the cravat, shirt, and vest.... or just have that open jacket with nothing on underneath emotion_awesome

In the end, I decided clothes were more of Ryzan's style.

I'm thinking of changing the position of his left arm {viewer right}... to what, I have no idea, but I'm not sure I actually like it where it is. I might also extend the image to hips or full body if I really like how it's coming out.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:27 pm
*doesn't want to think of Ryzan in such a way* gonk You're treading dangerous waters TES. Very dangerous. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm
Worth it emotion_awesome

And speaking of dangerous waters, I came across
this interesting little thing on deviantART. Oh, the things I could do with it... twisted  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Worth it emotion_awesome

And speaking of dangerous waters, I came across
this interesting little thing on deviantART. Oh, the things I could do with it... twisted

.............. ninja Do it................ ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 pm
rofl rofl rofl  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 am
The Ryzan picture looks very nice. cat_3nodding I agree that his left arm is a little awkward, but I don't know what to do with it either.

That could be a very interesting meme... cat_lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 pm
Decided to write a bit of an artist itinerary for myself and see if I can stick to it:

December: Mistletoe freebies, coloring tutorial, personal work
January: Valentine "pre-orders", long overdue commissions
February: Finishing and sending out Valentines, any commissions that didn't get finished in January

So if I still owe you something, know right now that I'm not planning to start on it until January. Also, as of this moment, Icy is the only one allowed to get on my a** about sticking to my schedule. She motivates me while the rest of you piss me off. That being said, if any of you start asking me when I'm going to start on x, y, or z and you're not Icy, you may find yourself dropped/barred from anything I'm doing because I'm an a*****e like that. Additionally, don't ******** with Icy. You ******** with Icy, you ******** with me. If I see or hear about anyone trying to get Icy to hurry my a** up, that person's commission/freebie will be dropped. I have no problem giving myself less work.

Don't like how much of an a*****e I am, then don't try to get art from me.

In other news,
revised and extended rough sketch of Ry.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 pm
rofl i is a lazy artist the itinerary thing sounds like a good idea *thinks about creating one for herself but throws out the idea and goes back to doodles*

((except tatwork ...even then i tend to reschedule a lot more than i want crying im outa inks gonk ))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Detailed sketch  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:34 am
********* with TES directly … not needing to bother Icy with it.* User Image emotion_awesome emotion_dealwithit ))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:46 am
Kinky emotion_awesome I don't think either of our husbands would appreciate that, though.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 pm
Psyzapp-d
emotion_awesome emotion_dealwithit ))