Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 pm
Exploding Die:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kaiu Estate, Reception Area:

"I... thank you for your kind words, Yoritomo-san," Hana would say to Hisashi, bowing her head to him. "He means well, he really does. He's just very hard to read sometimes. Like Kagae, he gets engrossed in his job and has little energy left for much else."

She would look a bit troubled for a moment, glancing briefly over her shoulder before looking back at your group. Suddenly, though, an idea seemed to come to her. "I would still like to hear about the events of the tournament and my son's showing in it. But if you would excuse me one last time, I have something I need to take care of." Bowing respectfully to all of you, she would disappear one last time.

--------------------

@ Kaiu Fortress:

Kagae would soon hear a knock upon the frame of his door. "Kagae-kun? It's your mother. We need to have a talk. You have a duty to uphold."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

"What duty? That carries on when I leave. So whatever could you mean?" Asked Kagae cautiously and by all means making no motion to de-barricade his door.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:02 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

"Kagae-kun, you open this door this instant! Your Clan has need of your services!" she would say a bit more sternly now, but no more than simply calling out.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:05 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

"You are being vague mother. I'll open the door when my question is answered otherwise I see no reason for this door to move." Stated Kagae somewhat nervously as he backed away from the door possibly anticipating something...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

There would be an audible sigh. "You are as stubborn as your father, Kagae-kun..." Hana would say across the doorway.

And then silence.

*SSHHNNNGGGG!!!*

The business end of a katana would suddenly be seen through Kagae's barricade, pieces of furniture neatly sliced as they began to fall away, thumping lifelessly against the ground.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 7, 9, 3, 7, 1, 4 Total: 44 (8-80)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

"I am being besieged! Repel the invaders!" Kagae would shout mindlessly as he drew his own katana. Then tried his best to intercept his mothers merciless barricade destruction.

(Defense/agility (kenjutsu) 6k3 (+2 dice to handle 'splosions) Result: 29 )  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 am
@ Kaiu Fortress:

As Kagae would rush forward, drawing his blade to deflect the blow, he would stop it from cleaving straight through the barricade.

Hana's second strike from being a high level bushi would go unblocked, due to it's perpendicular angle to the first.

Pieces of furniture began to cascade down to Kagae's feet as servants began to gather to watch from as far away as possible.

"Kagae-kun! Be mindful of your mother's wishes!" Hana would say in a singsong voice, before reaching through to grab Kagae by the collar of his kimono in an effort to yank him through!

Kagae, give me a Raw Strength Roll vs TN 20!

--------------------

@ Everyone Else:

This was beginning to become audible to everyone else.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 am
@ The battle of Kagae's workshop:

"I am being mindful you're being vague!" Shouted Kagae in response as he flailed his feet about trying to find something to push against.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 am
@ Kaiu Estate, Inner Chambers:

The sound of a struggle and desperate pleas for mercy and clarification would be heard approaching down the hallway. As the shadow of a figure approached the door, Shosuro Miyako would hear the following:

"Kagae-kun, you have a duty to your Clan! A samurai of another clan has requested aid. Your duty is to oblige that request. All that is required of you, is to drink like a Crab!"

Suddenly, the door would slide open, and a very pleasant-faced Kaiu Hana would smile to Miyako. "Enjoy yourselves!" And she would unceremoniously toss Kagae to the floor opposite Miyako's place at the table, before the door would close calmly.

--------------------

Kaiu Hana would soon return after the raucous died down, wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead. "I apologize terribly for the delay. Now, where did we leave off?" she would ask, bowing respectfully towards your group.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 3, 10, 3, 7 Total: 42 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm
Awareness/Storytelling (Bragging) on behalf of Kagae for Lady Hana!

4k3 w/2 additional dice rolled
2 raises called. (1 Raise to downplay Kojiro's activities at the tournament, another raise to tell the tale in a style that would please a Crab the most.)
Results: 39  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:00 pm
Miyako had been a bit stunned by the abruptness of the woman's leaving and wondered if she had offended her somehow. It was always awkward dealing with some of the more less social clans and it was indeed a trial. But as the ruckus reached even her ears, she began to cringe. O great Bayushi!She glanced down at the one member of her party she had yet to meet and wondered exactly what she'd done to deserve this!...which of course was followed by obvious revelation. She was however unapologetic...

"Kaiu Kagae, I assume?" Miyako chuckled and wondered exactly how Hana had won her husband, laughing at the idea. A good sense of humor was priceless. She decided that blunt would be the best manner to deal with this all in. Though, she had to admire Lady Kaiu's dismissal of honor and propriety for the 'good of the clan'.

"Your mother is going to have us betrothed through means most foul if we don't play our cards right, Kagae-san. Two unattached samurai with alcohol in a room by themselves." She hunkered down a nice safe distance, this was not her idea of fun and he didn't look at all happy.

"I do however, wish to get out of this situation with both of our honor intact. If you help me with this, I do know a girl who might better suit you and who would be perfectly fine with a VERY long engagement." Who exactly the girl was, or what clan was the matter for another day, but Miyako knew plenty of people. She was also laying on the line exactly what on the line.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm
@ Reluctant tea party:

Kagae would leap to his feet suddenly ready for a fight katana still in hand as he glanced around the room. Lowering his katana he looked down and saw a somewhat familiar face talking to him about something he dreads and quickly responded,

"No! I get enough meddling from my mother I do not need you helping her!"

Placing his katana down somewhere safe since the sheathe was still in his room he grabbed a cup and sat down opposite the scorpion.

"She has tried this before, it is an attempt at trying to get us both to do something we regret which would force us into marriage. What I mostly hate is when it fails and all I get from it is an unneeded hangover. Pass the bottle here I'm the host I should be the one pouring." Stated Kagae being extremely professional as if he had experience dealing with these situations before by avoiding looking at her in anyway possible and focusing intently on the bottle.

(raw stamina roll 2k2 result: 12)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 pm
@ Entertaining Mrs. Kaiu

As the evening drew on, it occurred to Kojiro that Miyako hadn't returned during the duration of the story. "Excuse me, Lady Kaiu, but do you know where Shosuro-san is? There are things I need to talk to her about before retiring for the evening.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

"Oh, Shosuro-san? She's having a private engagement at the moment. She's fine, I'm sure she'll be along when she wraps up whatever she wishes to accomplish," Hana would respond to Kojiro, giving a playful(?!) smile to him. "Now, tell me more about my son's deeds..."

Kagae, gain a point of retroactive glory for Kojiro's telling of your deeds!

--------------------

At this point, Kagae and Miyako can RP out what they wanted to as part of their posts, as soon as Miyako's player gets back on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm 99% sure that it won't impact whatever happens on Day 2. Let us move on.....  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games