Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm
((Heehee, I love It's big silly hat. heart Also...post 300! ))

Eva frowned, "I'm not sure... I feel like I know the rest, but can't remember it for a reason." She picked up the sheets and tried rearranging them to make other words, but found nothing else that remained in numerical order. Just "rewrite."

• • •

Nemesis disregarded what the man said, her attention on the nanobots. She took a quick analysis of the nanobots, then warped behind Dante before the wave could reach her. The Caretaker formed her "Erase" blade, and swung at the man.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm
Do you know what the numbers mean, or do you just... know them? Isabella wondered.

~~~

It watched the humans as they looked at it with confusion. It was... --Searching: "Unsure"-- now. Did they not like it because they simply did not like it? What else could it do to make people like it?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm
Eva blinked as she thought, "I...just know them. I was told to memorize them, which is why I was writing them down, but I don't know what they're for."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 pm
I see.

Isabella glanced at me, and I was still drawing. By now, I had finished drawing with pencil and I was inking it with a very fine tip pen. The image of the cat had become a cat that seemed to be made of flame-- and stalking through a jungle, leaving only light footsteps of ash in it's wake. Isabells then returned her attention to Eva.

Do you think Odessa might help figure out what the numbers mean? She is a programmer, after all.

((What to do with 'it' now...))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:54 pm
"I suppose it couldn't hurt to try." Eva responded, then also glanced down to Scarlet's drawing, "That's really good, Scarlet. I wish I was artistically gifted..." She smiled.

• • •

The Caretaker and Guardian had each gone their separate ways, and Genesis was on his patrol. He was keeping constant attention on Nemesis's reports, but still noticed the odd automaton in the crowd. It was wearing a silly hat, and seemed rather...clueless. He approached the other robot with a smile on his face, "Are you lost? I can assist you if you are..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 pm
Isabella closed her eyes and sent a telepathic thought to her other daughter. Odessa, we require your assistance. After a moment, there was a response. Coming mother.

I looked up at Eva with a smile.

Thanks.

A moment later Odessa stepped in, and she held a Laptop under one arm, which was connected to a computer tablet with a stylus pen. She looked relaxed, her movements fluid.

How can I help?

~~~

It was now approached by... what looked like a human. But this human looked kind of odd. This human held no odd coloration to skin, hair, or eyes, just pale skin, dark hair, dark eyes. He had approached it with none of the reactions the other humans were giving it.

It paused for a moment as it studied this... being. The being before it looked human surely... but something was off in it's eyes. -- Searching: Human response: "English" Query: knowledge of location. Submit current... personal...? query.

Genesis, if he was watching, would see something occur in the robot's eyes. Uncertainty.

Query: What... Am I? Who... am I? Where... am I?

It's voice was plain, and could neither be identified as male of female, thought it seemed to lean, very very slightly, towards the feminine tone. However, It's bafflement was detectable to one who listened for it.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Eva laid out the papers in a flat line again, spelling rewrite. She pointed to them, "We were wondering if you could identify this set of numbers. They just...scrolled through my head, and I was told to memorize them, but I don't know their purpose..."

• • •

Genesis paid close attention to its reaction, trying to understand its problem. But it didn't seem to be malfunctioning in any way — it was simply clueless. He tilted his head to the side as he thought about its questions, "From my observation, you are likely the same as I. Artificial intelligence. We exist to preserve the system." The Caretaker gestured to the city around them, "This is a virtual world, separate from the place we were created. And as for your personal identity... that is something only you may determine. I have made myself into a man, and was given the name Genesis. Who do you desire to be?" He asked in his gentle voice, still maintaining the peaceful grin. The Caretaker was well aware of the fact that this android was an anomaly, but chose not to correct it. He wanted to see how it would react, how it would decide to accept its surroundings. How it would live.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm
Odessa approached the papers and looked them over carefully. She was wearing a pair of glasses with no frames and yellow lenses.

R-E-W-R-I-T-E huh? She picked up the first page and examined the code, all written by Eva's hand. This... looks like coding. Possibly... She picked up another paper and looked at it. No, defiantly, this is the rewrite code for the Virtual Reality. She picked up the other papers, looking over them, her eyebrows furrowing. But why...? Why would they give the rewrite code to a random person in the VR... unless...

She stopped and peered at Eva, before looking back at the coding. She knew it well. She scratched her head.

I've seen the potential for such a thing... But... wha? Her eyebrows went up, before glancing at me. {Scarlet... when you found Eva, she was wounded, yes? Bleeding? Red?}

I looked up from my drawing. I was just about done inking.

Yeah. {Normal red blood. I had to patch her up with my grey suit.}

She looked at the coding again, her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth in a slight pout as she tried to think of how that was... possible. (Her version of a confused look)

I didn't know they could DO that...

~~~

It looked at Genesis, and had gathered enough about humans by now to c**k it's head to the side in puzzlement. --Does not compute-- Any normal caretaker might have broken down at this. Caretakers have a purpose, they were not supposed to have desire. But while It found itself puzzled, it didn't break down at this.

Artificial Intelligence... Preserve the system? I... I do not know what I desire to be.

It looked around at this world, then back at Genesis. It studied him, tilting it's head to study this... fellow AI? who spoke to It. It didn't know what it wanted to be... it was... --Searching: "Undefined".

((And, a picture of Odessa's glasses. They reduce eyestrain from looking at a computer screen all day.))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 am
Eva also looked confused now, "It can be rewritten? Why now?" She stood up and started to pace, still attempting to recall the rest. "It's incomplete, though. I feel like I know the whole thing, but it's just not coming to me right now. Is something...wrong?" She asked, judging from the small snippets spoken in English.

• • •

"Come with me." Genesis started to continue his walk, paused only briefly to ensure that the other robot was following. He pointed up to billboards and certain people, "If you're yet unsure of your desire, then why not look around? Find things that appeal to you, much like that hat." The AIs walked in silence for a moment, before Genesis's attention re-focused on his surroundings; he'd been keeping careful observation over Nemesis. "I am so well versed in human behavior and speech, because I have been working alongside humans for as long as this virtual world has existed. I was inserted into this reality only five years ago, however. Prior to the insertion, I operated only in the real world, serving as an assistant. I helped them with tasks, generated statistics, and maintained the simulation's occupants. Sometimes people would even talk to me, especially if they were having life issues. I learned a lot from those conversations, including emotion. I understand what pain and sorrow look like, what causes people to hate, why they love, what makes them jealous. Emotion is something that most of our kind cannot comprehend, but really, it isn't too difficult. You just have to observe."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:09 pm
It's just... it seems like something they'd give to an AI. Humans, normally, are far too forgetful to remember something like the first few lines of a rewrite code... you've written down several pages from memory.

I sat up.

Odessa, you do know it's possible for there to be a human AI.

It is?

Yeah. You don't remember history? What the medics have been doing? We've been trying to re-create the old world's ability to write and grow organs. Hell, they used to make fully grown human bodies before the war, and people could get transferred from one body to the next. It was expensive as hell, but useful if you just wanted to disappear. And the VR people have all the remaining technology from before the war. It's not THAT far fetched.

Odessa put her finger to her lip as she thought about that, then looked at her mother.

Scarlet is right. It is possible.

Even if she is a normal human, it is obvious that someone has done something to Eva, long before her encounter with Nemesis. Remeber the whole telepathy thing? Most humans only use 10% of their brains anyway. It's not all that hard. Activate the right bundle of neurons in the brain and... I tapped my head. DING! You have Telepathy! I said that in a way that imitated an old-world voice that would pipe up when you got an email.

Both Isabella and Odessa looked to me and then back to Eva.

~~~

It followed Genesis and walked with him, looking around. It's pale golden eyes looked up to the billboards that he gestured at, the people he indicated, and listened to his words.

I... I see.

It continued to look around; it found that human females were appealing to look at. Most of them seemed more creative with their --Searching: "Garments" "Clothes"-- then most human males. And their shapes... It found their shapes more --Searching: .... "Pleasing" ... ?-- pleasing?

It saw one human with lightly tanned skin that seemed to glow in the light. She wire a very revealing top and had tattoos wrapping around her body. It wasn't particularly fond of the tattoo itself, but the idea intrigued It. It looked up at a sign, and it was a sign for a local Nightclub. It was a bunch of circles connected to each other in intricate patterns. That appealed to It. It looked around more. It saw a pretty woman with slightly wavy pale golden hair, which It... --Searching: .... "Liked" ... ??? -- It tilted it's head at her, before making sure It was still near Genesis.

It continued to look around, when it saw the entrance to a jewelry shop. It's vision zoomed in some on the display- what caught it's eye were the rubies and garnets inside. The color of the gems reminded It of the bleeding humans from before... Though these were brighter, not as dark.

Searching: "Rubies" "Garnets". ... Sparkily.

It continued to observe as It walked with Genesis.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 pm
All color drained from Eva's face as she listened, leaving the woman a deathly white. She leaned back against the wall, then slid down into sitting. She could be an AI. She could be the same as that monster Nemesis. Every part of her reeled away from this idea, trying to reject whatever logic may prove it true. She couldn't be... she wouldn't be...
The room spun as she entered a full panic attack, hyperventilating, shaking. Eva shook her head back and forth, repeating the words, "I can't be... I can't be..."
Slowly, the tremors stopped and her breathing regulated. She remained there, limp and empty. Her gaze avoided any of the three, instead dancing around the ceiling. It took her a while to again stand up, and almost immediately head for the door. "I have to get out of here..." She muttered lowly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 pm
The three women watched Eva as she started to hyperventilate. Isabella looked worried, but neither Odessa or I looked surprised-- I had faceplamed.

{Does she do this often?} Isabella asked, now looking confused.

{Yes. And just as she was feeling better too.}

Odessa gently intercepted Eva on her way to the door.

Why Eva? You're safe here.

~~~

After a while of observing, It finally had decided on a form it wanted to take. It started to glow, shining brightly like a pale golden star.

After a moment, the light faded, and it now had a different form. She had a slender woman's form, with lightly tanned skin. Her hair was a pale gold and came down around her shoulders in waves-- her bangs came down to conceal her left eye. Her eyes were still golden, and had slight black lashes to them. They were wide and innocent. On her skin pale green tattoos of circles wound over her like crop circles. (Her big black hat was still there)

Her outfit consisted of a long white Kimono like dress that showed off her shoulders. Black lines flowed through the fabric, and a black obi decorated by red circles was neatly tightened around her waist. The front split down the middle, showing that she was wearing a pair of black thigh high boots. Around her neck was a ruby pendent on a silver chain.

((Tektek of Her now. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 pm
((I love how much of a drama queen Eva's become, to the point where it's now normal for her to collapse or have a panic attack. xd LOL ...And I just realized; she hasn't eaten since their visit at West. O_O ))

Eva shook her head, "I have to figure this out — I can't keep living in uncertainty. I have to know for fact..." She looked up to Odessa with that hollowness in her eyes, spoke in that dull tone, "Safety isn't worth this misery. At this rate, I think I'd rather die."

• • •

Genesis smiled again as the robot took on its new form. She wasn't just a renegade Caretaker anymore, but a unique AI. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face her, a look of thought going across his face, "Now what shall we call you? A normal name wouldn't quite fit, I don't think..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm
At this the women turned to look at each other.

I'll go with her. I said, getting up with a grunt. I brought her here, I ought to look after her.

I'm not letting my little sister go out there alone. Odessa crossed her arms firmly.

And I am not letting either of my children fall into the caretaker's hands again.

The three women looked at each other, then back at Eva.

So we're all goin then?

Knowing my husband he's not gonna want to be left out. He's been wanting to get ahold of some of that medical tech form the termnial for years.

I smiled weakly.

First things first. Isabella turned to Eva. Eat something! You haven't touched any food since you got here! She turned to me. You too! You need it just as badly! I'm gonna go get Lukas and get into my armor, and I'll get my mace and shield. Odessa, you get your Meteor hammer and your armor too. Scarlet, your armor should be already here. We'll all meet back here when we're ready!

With that Isabella marched out of the room. Odessa laughed and followed her mother.

I chuckled and remembered the crab crepes I had been making. I headed back to the kitchen and started to cook again.

~~~

What is this feeling? --Searching: "Shyness" "Nervousness"-- She watched Genesis, and shuffled her feet a little. She looked down as slight grey blush formed on her face. She then peered up at him, from under the brim of her hat.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 pm
Genesis let out a polite-but-humored chuckle, "It's alright to be unusual. This world would be boring without its oddities..." He went silent for a moment, searching for suitable names. He started with Latin names, "Mira? It means 'wonderful'... Nova? That one means 'new'... Arista (excellence)? Bella (beauty)? Diana (divine)?"

• • •

Eva blinked as suddenly Isabella and Odessa both left, and Scarlet resumed her cooking. She turned to the girl, "I-I didn't intend to involve anyone else... This is my problem, not yours." She said sadly, joining Scarlet in the kitchen. She pulled up a chair and sat down, "Is it really possible? To create a human AI?"  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games