Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:56 am
Brooklyn Hyuuga
Hey there! Brooklyn here but you can call me Brooke which I kinda prefer over my irl name or Bianca which is an alt account I have on here as well lol. Im 27, she/her & they/them pronouns, and thanks for the invite! Been an anime lover since I was a kid. Some of my favorites are classics, others are newer:

Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zoids
G Gundam
Wolfs Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Big O
Cowboy BeBop
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Cyborg 009
Pokemon
Yugioh (only up to 5D's though lol)
Bleach
Naruto

I have yet to attend a con due to money issues and now time constraints at work (aka asking for a day off is a royal pain in the arse at times). I have also yet to cosplay fully but Ive dipped my toe in it a couple of times. Im big into fashion, writing, gaming, music, and reading. I would love for one day to attend a con, especially since Im near an epicenter in a big city. Ive even started to draw up some designs and picked out some characters I want to cosplay

Brooke,

Thanks for joining the Guild. I'm happy to have you. We have 3 Sub Forums dedicated to talking about Anime / Manga series.1."Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion", 2."Anime Retro and Classic Series, and 3."Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, and Disney Genre".

Some of my favorite Anime series are Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, YuGiOh (I have 100's of cards), Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, and my all time Favorite Sailor Moon!!

We have a lot of regional convention Sub Forums. Feel free to check out the the Sub Forum that your State is in. We even have Sub Forums for our friends in other countries. Especially for our Canadian friends. A couple of the Crew Members are from Canada. Their are a lot of posts in these Sub Forums. Perhaps someone has gone to the Convention that is near where you live.

If you have any questions about going to a convention please feel free to ask me personally through a message. I worked at 10 Star Trek Cons back in the 1990's and have gone to 15 Anime / Cosplay Conventions in the last 10 years.

As for Cosplays we have a Cosplay 101 thread on the Main Forum. We also have a Cosplay Help Sub Forum and many tutorials. Our best source of info is our Crew. If you post a question about Cosplay please be patient as it might take a little time to get an answer for you.

General reminder please keep in mind that we are in the process of updating this very large Guild. Many of the threads are old but the topics are still worth posting to and feel free to start new threads. Unfortunately many of my Crew are busy with real life issues, I'm also in the process of finding new Crew Members. If you have an interest please let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:09 am
smithers456
Brooklyn Hyuuga
Hey there! Brooklyn here but you can call me Brooke which I kinda prefer over my irl name or Bianca which is an alt account I have on here as well lol. Im 27, she/her & they/them pronouns, and thanks for the invite! Been an anime lover since I was a kid. Some of my favorites are classics, others are newer:

Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zoids
G Gundam
Wolfs Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Big O
Cowboy BeBop
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Cyborg 009
Pokemon
Yugioh (only up to 5D's though lol)
Bleach
Naruto

I have yet to attend a con due to money issues and now time constraints at work (aka asking for a day off is a royal pain in the arse at times). I have also yet to cosplay fully but Ive dipped my toe in it a couple of times. Im big into fashion, writing, gaming, music, and reading. I would love for one day to attend a con, especially since Im near an epicenter in a big city. Ive even started to draw up some designs and picked out some characters I want to cosplay

Brooke,

Thanks for joining the Guild. I'm happy to have you. We have 3 Sub Forums dedicated to talking about Anime / Manga series.1."Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion", 2."Anime Retro and Classic Series, and 3."Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, and Disney Genre".

Some of my favorite Anime series are Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, YuGiOh (I have 100's of cards), Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, and my all time Favorite Sailor Moon!!

We have a lot of regional convention Sub Forums. Feel free to check out the the Sub Forum that your State is in. We even have Sub Forums for our friends in other countries. Especially for our Canadian friends. A couple of the Crew Members are from Canada. Their are a lot of posts in these Sub Forums. Perhaps someone has gone to the Convention that is near where you live.

If you have any questions about going to a convention please feel free to ask me personally through a message. I worked at 10 Star Trek Cons back in the 1990's and have gone to 15 Anime / Cosplay Conventions in the last 10 years.

As for Cosplays we have a Cosplay 101 thread on the Main Forum. We also have a Cosplay Help Sub Forum and many tutorials. Our best source of info is our Crew. If you post a question about Cosplay please be patient as it might take a little time to get an answer for you.

General reminder please keep in mind that we are in the process of updating this very large Guild. Many of the threads are old but the topics are still worth posting to and feel free to start new threads. Unfortunately many of my Crew are busy with real life issues, I'm also in the process of finding new Crew Members. If you have an interest please let me know.

Thank you so much! Also which Star Trek is your favorite!? Personally I love TNG, DS9, and Voyager heart My dad and you would probably get along as well cause he loves ST as well! As for conventions, I will let you know when cause its just so hard to get the motivation to go out :/. Working in retail sucks and on top of that theyre funny giving me weekends off if they know Im going out. But I will go over to the cosplay forms, seeing as I dont know how to sew at all xd  

Brooklyn Hyuuga

Loving Sex Symbol

20,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Tamer of the Fiery Heart

Hallowed Fatcat

12,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:53 am
Hello there!

My name is Alli. I'm the mother to two wonderful children. I've been on Gaia since the early, early days despite my old account being hacked. I don't really know what I would consider my favorite food to be, but I really do love dragon rolls. I just turned 31 on January 10th. I like way too many animes to just choose two, but I will say I'm back on a Naruto kick, so that definitely counts as one!

Honestly, that's all I have. If you wanna know me, just ask! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm
Quote:
Brooke,

Quote:
Thank you so much! Also which Star Trek is your favorite!? Personally I love TNG, DS9, and Voyager heart My dad and you would probably get along as well cause he loves ST as well! As for conventions, I will let you know when cause its just so hard to get the motivation to go out :/. Working in retail sucks and on top of that theyre funny giving me weekends off if they know Im going out. But I will go over to the cosplay forms, seeing as I dont know how to sew at all xd

I like the Original Star Trek series and Voyager the most. Janeway is the best Captain! One of the things about Conventions is Time. I currently only go to Youmacon which is in Downtown Detroit at the beginning of November. I always ask way ahead of time to take the Saturday of the Convention off. Having worked retail I know what you mean. One of the things that I try is to simply say that I'm going out of town. If they ask why I say that it's for personal reasons and leave it at that. Time is a factor for money and making a cosplay outfit. I start saving 4 to 6 months in advance for the money and it can take 6 months to a year to finish a cosplay outfit. I know this from experience. Btw I can't sew to save my life. I get help for that. Make sure you check out the tutorial sub forum too. If their is a problem with one of the tutorials or threads send me a message or create a new thread in that sub forum and let us know about the problem. When the time comes ask here for help.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Tamer of the Fiery Heart
Hello there!

My name is Alli. I'm the mother to two wonderful children. I've been on Gaia since the early, early days despite my old account being hacked. I don't really know what I would consider my favorite food to be, but I really do love dragon rolls. I just turned 31 on January 10th. I like way too many animes to just choose two, but I will say I'm back on a Naruto kick, so that definitely counts as one!

Honestly, that's all I have. If you wanna know me, just ask! 3nodding

Hi Alli thanks for joining the Guild. I think that it's amazing that you have been on Gaia so long. I'm coming up on 10 years on Gaia myself. As I tell Guild Members this is your Guild too. Their is bound to be something in this Guild that you will like. Whether it's Anime / Manga, Cosplay and Convention related topics. If you have a question about anything feel free to ask me and I will do my best to get your question answered.

I like Naruto a lot too. I own all of the DVD box sets of the original series and I own all of the movies as well. Sakura is my favorite character. My all time favorite series right now is Sailor Moon. I own all 5 seasons now. My favorite scout is Sailor Mars. smile Trust me their are a lot more series that I like.

If you want to talk about different Anime / Manga series you can go to the following Sub Forums: 1. Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion, 2. Anime Retro and Classic Series, and 3. Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, and Disney Genre. Keep in mind that I'm in the process of bringing this Guild back to life. So even if the threads are old feel free to post in them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 pm
Im not sure if I am posting this right... sorry im bad with tech!
Im Jiggy! Im a 21 year old streamer on twitch who loves to play video games on PC and chat with nerdy people! Im very shy in real life so I have no friends, i came back on Gaia to change that. I have a super long list of anime I love...so I will name my top 5! Demon Slayer, Toradora, Natsume yujin-cho, my roommate is a cat, and darling in the franxx. Iv been to 3 conventions so far, Daishocon, Kitsunecon, and Amazing Hawaii con. I would like to get into cosplay more but lack the talent. I really enjoy looking at other peoples cosplays, they are all so good! smile feel free to talk to me anytime! heart  

JiggyMaroon57

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 pm
JiggyMaroon57
Im Jiggy! Im a 21 year old streamer on twitch who loves to play video games on PC and chat with nerdy people! Im very shy in real life so I have no friends, i came back on Gaia to change that. I have a super long list of anime I love...so I will name my top 5! Demon Slayer, Toradora, Natsume yujin-cho, my roommate is a cat, and darling in the franxx. Iv been to 3 conventions so far, Daishocon, Kitsunecon, and Amazing Hawaii con. I would like to get into cosplay more but lack the talent. I really enjoy looking at other peoples cosplays, they are all so good! smile feel free to talk to me anytime! heart

Hi Jiggy thanks for joining the Guild and yes I did add you as a friend. This Guild has an age range from 15 to 35 years old. Except for me since I'm 56 years young. I'm also Male in real life which I have posted on my Profile. Being both in a Cosplay and Crossplay Guild I currently have my avi as a female to try out Cosplay outfits or regular female outfits. It's not easy turning your Avi into a Cosplayer. smile You are in the right place to talk about Anime, Cosplay, and Conventions.

I have heard of the "My Roommate is a cat" series but I have not seen it yet. I'm just starting to get this Guild running again so if you post something and don't get a response don't worry it's not you. I will always respond to a Gaia Message so if you have a question feel free to ask or send a message to talk to me.

Unfortunately many of the Links to Cosplay Photos on the Guild don't work. I was able to get the Cosplay Collage photo on the Guilds homepage to work. Check it out. Also I happen to be a Cosplay Photographer. So feel free to check out my Facebook Photography page:

https://www.facebook.com/Smithers456Photography  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57

Hi Jiggy thanks for joining the Guild and yes I did add you as a friend. This Guild has an age range from 15 to 35 years old. Except for me since I'm 56 years young. I'm also Male in real life which I have posted on my Profile. Being both in a Cosplay and Crossplay Guild I currently have my avi as a female to try out Cosplay outfits or regular female outfits. It's not easy turning your Avi into a Cosplayer. smile You are in the right place to talk about Anime, Cosplay, and Conventions.

I have heard of the "My Roommate is a cat" series but I have not seen it yet. I'm just starting to get this Guild running again so if you post something and don't get a response don't worry it's not you. I will always respond to a Gaia Message so if you have a question feel free to ask or send a message to talk to me.

Unfortunately many of the Links to Cosplay Photos on the Guild don't work. I was able to get the Cosplay Collage photo on the Guilds homepage to work. Check it out. Also I happen to be a Cosplay Photographer. So feel free to check out my Facebook Photography page:

Wow! I never seen so many sailor moon photos before, they are all so cool and talented! I always wanted to be a cosplay photographer but I only do weddings since im too shy at conventions. eek sweatdrop Keep up the good work! 3nodding  

JiggyMaroon57

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:16 am
JiggyMaroon57
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57

Wow! I never seen so many sailor moon photos before, they are all so cool and talented! I always wanted to be a cosplay photographer but I only do weddings since im too shy at conventions. eek sweatdrop Keep up the good work! 3nodding

Hi Jiggy thanks for the complement about my photos. Actually I would be shy taking photos at a Wedding because I would want the photos to be perfect and that would create a lot of pressure on me. At a con I'm a lot more at ease because I'm with a lot of other Otakus.and I take in the Magic of it all. One of the things that I have is charm and respect for others. Which results in a lot of smiles from the cosplayers that I take photos. Oh, check out my Avi. I changed it to one of my Cosplay ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 am
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57

Hi Jiggy thanks for the complement about my photos. Actually I would be shy taking photos at a Wedding because I would want the photos to be perfect and that would create a lot of pressure on me. At a con I'm a lot more at ease because I'm with a lot of other Otakus.and I take in the Magic of it all. One of the things that I have is charm and respect for others. Which results in a lot of smiles from the cosplayers that I take photos. Oh, check out my Avi. I changed it to one of my Cosplay ones.

omg thats so cuuute!! the thing i missed about gaia is the avi! Everyone in your photos have such genuine smiles, makes me happy to see! smile  

JiggyMaroon57

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 am
JiggyMaroon57
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57
smithers456
JiggyMaroon57

omg thats so cuuute!! the thing i missed about gaia is the avi! Everyone in your photos have such genuine smiles, makes me happy to see! smile

It took a lot of work & Gaia Gold to create that Sailor Mini Moon inspired avi..
We will have a couple of contests in the Guild in a couple of weeks. I will let everyone know when. In the meantime you can check out the "Valuable Items Prize List" Thread on the Main Forum to see what prizes could be handed out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm
4laugh 3nodding Hello everyone, Hows it going? I'm Lynda, age 26. I love anime, manga, and video games. My top 5 is Pokemon, BNHA, Demon Slayer, Fire Force, Dr. Stone, and RWBY. I can draw really good if not rushed, I tend to rush myself lol. I went to daisiho con last year. I dressed up as a lolita komono cat girl without the tail lol, (too much to hassle with atm.) Me and my fiance are going again this year, I can't wait. ^-^ xd  

JadeShani

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:42 am
JadeShani
4laugh 3nodding Hello everyone, Hows it going? I'm Lynda, age 26. I love anime, manga, and video games. My top 5 is Pokemon, BNHA, Demon Slayer, Fire Force, Dr. Stone, and RWBY. I can draw really good if not rushed, I tend to rush myself lol. I went to daisiho con last year. I dressed up as a lolita komono cat girl without the tail lol, (too much to hassle with atm.) Me and my fiance are going again this year, I can't wait. ^-^ xd

Hi Lynda glad to have you. Daisiho con I was not familiar with so I looked it up. I've been through Wisconsin a couple of times really nice country. You could start a thread in the Mid West Convention Sub Forum and let us all know about that convention.

As for Anime the one that I like the most out of your list is RWBY. I liked it so much that I binge watched the first vol 2 times in a row!! My favorite character is Ruby Rose herself. Check out the Special Events Forum and join in the fun in our current contests.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 am
αяιѕѕαяєρℓιєѕ;;
╔══════════════╗

Hiya everyone! My name is Larissa but I go by Rissa. I'm 28 and happily in a relationship with a wonderful person. I love love LOVE anime and manga and if I ever won the lottery I'd just buy out all of the ones I love so I could own them. My top ones currently?

Fruits Basket (the rebooted one)
Sweetness & Lightning
The Familiar of Zero
RWBY
Knight's and Magic <-- it's actually spelled that way. Dunno why.
If It's for my Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Toradora
Vandread
and
Elemental Gelade

I also like to draw but I'm super rusty because of my lack of practice. I love to play video games! (Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Rune Factory 4, and Animal Crossing especially!)

I'm a very easily distracted and random person so if you show me a new anime or manga to see, be prepared for me to go off the radar/space cadet mode for a while checking it out. xD

I am on the autistic spectrum with Aspergers' autism. I love to make new friends and talk, but I do have really bad anxiety and panic attacks can be sparked quite easily. (Don't let that scare you away from talkin' to me though! I know my limits and will let'cha know if I need a break to wind down. ^^) I have chronic migraines, so sometimes I'm unable to get into a conversation. Especially when I have one... I'm sharing this info so you guys know if I disappear or don't respond for a little bit it's nothing personal and I'm dealing with health issues offline IRL. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you can probably tell, I tend to ramble and write a lot when I'm excited or feeling well, so I hope I don't drive anyone crazy with a lot of talking (or writing, rather..) If you ask me about an anime I like or would recommend, expect a lot of excited details about it. (spoiler free, though! xD)

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope to make some friends and find some new series to watch and/or read! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╚══════════════╝
./єη∂яєρℓу

Rissa Unit

Shirtless Waffles

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:52 am
Rissa Unit
αяιѕѕαяєρℓιєѕ;;
╔══════════════╗

Hiya everyone! My name is Larissa but I go by Rissa. I'm 28 and happily in a relationship with a wonderful person. I love love LOVE anime and manga and if I ever won the lottery I'd just buy out all of the ones I love so I could own them. My top ones currently?

Fruits Basket (the rebooted one)
Sweetness & Lightning
The Familiar of Zero
RWBY
Knight's and Magic <-- it's actually spelled that way. Dunno why.
If It's for my Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Toradora
Vandread
and
Elemental Gelade

I also like to draw but I'm super rusty because of my lack of practice. I love to play video games! (Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Rune Factory 4, and Animal Crossing especially!)

I'm a very easily distracted and random person so if you show me a new anime or manga to see, be prepared for me to go off the radar/space cadet mode for a while checking it out. xD

I am on the autistic spectrum with Aspergers' autism. I love to make new friends and talk, but I do have really bad anxiety and panic attacks can be sparked quite easily. (Don't let that scare you away from talkin' to me though! I know my limits and will let'cha know if I need a break to wind down. ^^) I have chronic migraines, so sometimes I'm unable to get into a conversation. Especially when I have one... I'm sharing this info so you guys know if I disappear or don't respond for a little bit it's nothing personal and I'm dealing with health issues offline IRL. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you can probably tell, I tend to ramble and write a lot when I'm excited or feeling well, so I hope I don't drive anyone crazy with a lot of talking (or writing, rather..) If you ask me about an anime I like or would recommend, expect a lot of excited details about it. (spoiler free, though! xD)

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope to make some friends and find some new series to watch and/or read! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╚══════════════╝
./єη∂яєρℓу

Hi Rissa thanks for joining the Guild I hope that you like what you see. Thanks for sharing some things about your life. No worries we don't discriminate and understand that people have different things going on in their life. I consider this Guild to be Home away from Home. Btw I would recommend either reading the Manga of or watching the Anime of the Fairy Tail series. It's one of my favorites.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff